Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Skin cancer screening/treatment

A few months ago, I went to have a few moles in various places on my body checked out. By recommendation, I saw Dr Nitivadee Teeyapan-Songdej -

email:  dr.nitivadee@gmail.com

She is located on Beach Road, near Mike's Mall (but the entrance is not easy to spot as it is located behind some stalls).

She seemed to know her stuff, and didn't charge the earth (although I don't recall precisely how much).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dr. Anna Jaruwarn at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.  Board certified in the US - trained at Stanford.  MD from Chulalongkorn.  

https://www.health-tourism.com/staffperson.aspx?b=322&sp=4150

Took me awhile to find her name, but she's the only Pattaya dermatologist that has been repeatedly recommended through the years.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

Related to the thread.

2 years ago I got referred to local hospital in UK as a brown mark/mole had appeared on face  (I heavily stay in the sun I freely acknowledge)

Dr wasnt happy so within 4 days (fair play NHS) i'm up the skin clinic. Intially Dr says not quite sure let me call in senior consultant

Duly turns up 20 minutes later gets his magnifying glass out and says nahh its ok its not melanoma but "keep an eye on it any changes let us know"

Whilst it looked quite prominent (to me) nobody has ever commented over it including 2 guys on this forum

Fast forward to 4 days ago and a crust has formed. Shit I think so Friday call Drs who again act swiftly and say go up Tuesday (tomorrow) to skin clinic again

Wake up this morning go to shave look in mirror and WTF....its gone completely disappeared overnight I cant even see where it was the skin is completely clear lol

I message Drs again who rang me an hour later (fair play to my surgery) and Dr says "what do you mean its gone" lol

"Exactly what I've just said" I say politely.

"So it was there yesterday but its gone today" she adds clearly sceptical lol

"Yes" I say "its gone"

Pause of about 5 seconds...."ok if it reappears let us know"  😁😁

That was that and appointment cancelled tomorrow lol....

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Upvote 2
57 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

Related to the thread.

2 years ago I got referred to local hospital in UK as a brown mark/mole had appeared on face  (I heavily stay in the sun I freely acknowledge)

Dr wasnt happy so within 4 days (fair play NHS) i'm up the skin clinic. Intially Dr says not quite sure let me call in senior consultant

Duly turns up 20 minutes later gets his magnifying glass out and says nahh its ok its not melanoma but "keep an eye on it any changes let us know"

Whilst it looked quite prominent (to me) nobody has ever commented over it including 2 guys on this forum

Fast forward to 4 days ago and a crust has formed. Shit I think so Friday call Drs who again act swiftly and say go up Tuesday (tomorrow) to skin clinic again

Wake up this morning go to shave look in mirror and WTF....its gone completely disappeared overnight I cant even see where it was the skin is completely clear lol

I message Drs again who rang me an hour later (fair play to my surgery) and Dr says "what do you mean its gone" lol

"Exactly what I've just said" I say politely.

"So it was there yesterday but its gone today" she adds clearly sceptical lol

"Yes" I say "its gone"

Pause of about 5 seconds...."ok if it reappears let us know"  😁😁

That was that and appointment cancelled tomorrow lol....

That's got to be quite a relief. I have a few brown splotches from sun damage that I keep a close eye on for changes. So far, all good.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

That's got to be quite a relief. I have a few brown splotches from sun damage that I keep a close eye on for changes. So far, all good.

I have certainly change my attitude to sun bathing in my later years.... actually I think it happened sooner. I may still be rather callous about incidental sun hitting me, often shirtless, but get out of it where I can and would not dream of laying in it purposely. Meeting a few older Oz guys who seemed to be regularly in clinics was one example.... and another quite elderly Texan who appeared to be rotting in places!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jacko said:

I have certainly change my attitude to sun bathing in my later years.... actually I think it happened sooner. I may still be rather callous about incidental sun hitting me, often shirtless, but get out of it where I can and would not dream of laying in it purposely. Meeting a few older Oz guys who seemed to be regularly in clinics was one example.... and another quite elderly Texan who appeared to be rotting in places!

I was never into sun bathing, but I spent quite a few summer months on the water windsurfing for fun and competition. The my legs and shoulders are now showing the worst of the sun damage from those years. Fortunately most skin cancers if caught early are easily treatable.