Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Just come back from Immigration in Soi 5 after a nightmarish 1 hour arguing with sullen staff who don't give a damn and of course can't be in the wrong. Plus having to fill in a form and have photocopies made. 
I last went there on October 6 for 90-day reporting, and notified them that I had recently changed my address. My passport was duly returned with a slip confirming notification of the new address, and I thought no more about it until today, when I worked out that I was about due to report again and turned up to do so.
Big problem, apparently and amazingly, reporting a new address is not the same as reporting your address under the 90-day procedure, even if done on the same day, and you need to do these separately at different desks under the chaotic new system in the new building. Nobody told me this at the time of course, I thought I had done my 90-day reporting with my new address, as I've done in the past after a move. All my own fault, not theirs of course, and it's cost me a fine of 2000 baht for failure to report.
This takes the biscuit for bureaucratic stupidity, and there's no appeal, arguments fall on deaf ears. You either pay up or eff off to face more serious music later. Sometimes, after 15 years, I rather dislike this country's way of doing things.      

• Upvote 3

The 90 day report is pointless since the same info is reported on the TM30, but as they say, their country their hoops to jump through to stay here.

I recommend setting up an account on their online reporting system and then do future 90 day reports online. It now takes me only seconds to do the report, so quite a time savings from reporting in person. Plus you don't have to deal with IO's IRL.

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes, they cannot be wrong and want to get their money.

One suspects that they only do business with agents, if you deal  directly, you will  get the run around. 

I hear tourists, on 30 day exempt, can only get an extension on the last day of their permission.......why would they require that? 

Avoid attending at all costs, one day it could be a meltdown.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you need to go to the office where you're residing?

because I've found the office in Sriracha city is a dream