Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Music bars for the older couple

Hi,

My partner and I are staying in Pratamnak, a short taxi from the main Pattaya nightlife. Seems to be a nice selection of beach bars out that way which will be nice.

I've seen that walking street is quite wild, but we will definitely visit. Also been advised about the following streets/roads to wander down:

Beach Road

Soi Buakhao

Soi 6

I'm mid 40s and my partner late 50s. We like our nightlife but wondered if there were any bars or areas that might play regular music instead of the nightclub style which seems to be the case. We like motown, soul, and disco.

Any suggestions on bars that we might enjoy would be really appreciated and we can look out for them.

Thank you

I think you would like The Hill bar near top of Kasetsin Pratumnak. Benneys Roadhouse is new on Soi 5 Pratumnak.

Other than that is plenty more smaller bars but Motown I like trench town in Pattaya LK metro.

In the Scooter bars (Soi LK Metro and Soi Buakhao) they play a lot of old mod music - including Motown.

Edited by maik

Really appreciate all the suggestions - Im sure we will have fun checking all the streets out and just finding places that we enjoy. Looking forward to seeing it all, but always good to have a few ideas of places before we arrive.

Pattaya Beer Garden seems like a good option?

Any more suggestions welcome. x

Treetown on soi Buakhau has several bars with bands that play all sorts of music,  most bands are happy to play requests  (drop some baht in the tipjar) 

The new Beerbar place on soi Diana had a good band,  I don't know the name sorry, its next to Area 51

Edited by awesum4
12 hours ago, awesum4 said:

The new Beerbar place on soi Diana had a good band,  I don't know the name sorry, its next to Area 51

Las Vegas Beer Garden?

Similar in style to Las Vegas Bar is the new Space of Billabong (map link).

Mentioned in another post were the music bars in Tree Town. Be aware that while the bands at the back may be good, they ruin it for themselves by competing for customers based on volume. What you end up with is a mishmash of noise assaulting your ears no matter which bar you choose to sit in.

2JHCxjw1JM.png