Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Direct Taxi Service 1,200 baht to pattaya

well guys i booked with khun toom to pick me up and he not turn up he will only know me as jimmy because i book with him direct instead of going through the board as manuthai i will be very intersted to hear what he has to say in his defence because i was not a very happy bunny

jimmy

mr toom iam still awaiting an explanation as to why you also failed to pick me up at the airport on 10/june/06 flight qr 0610, please reply with your reason for not showing up

jimmy/manuthai

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well guys i booked with khun toom to pick me up and he not turn up he will only know me as jimmy because i book with him direct instead of going through the board as manuthai i will be very intersted to hear what he has to say in his defence because i was not a very happy bunny

jimmy

mr toom iam still awaiting an explanation as to why you also failed to pick me up at the airport on 10/june/06 flight qr 0610, please reply with your reason for not showing up

jimmy/manuthai

HI ! Khun Manuthai

If you is Khun Hunter i'm 100 % Have my friend wait for you at BKK.A/P on that time 19.45pm. my friend is wait for you from 19.41pm. till 23.19pm. can show parking receive for clear every think if you to look it please direct call to me at 01-4827148 or 03-0178066 :beer

hello mr toom,

yes my name is khun hunter and i can assure you that i checked both to the right and then left sides after coming out of customs and your man was nowhere to be seen, i eventually got a taxi outside from the rank after a long wait in the queue. did he have a sign with my name on it because i checked all the signs and even asked many of the drivers if taxi was for me, so something seems to have gone wrong and the last thing you need after a long flight is a no show taxi could he have gone for a coffee or something ?

manuthai/jimmy

hello mr toom,

yes my name is khun hunter and i can assure you that i checked both to the right and then left sides after coming out of customs and your man was nowhere to be seen, i eventually got a taxi outside from the rank after a long wait in the queue. did he have a sign with my name on it because i checked all the signs and even asked many of the drivers if taxi was for me, so something seems to have gone wrong and the last thing you need after a long flight is a no show taxi could he have gone for a coffee or something ?

manuthai/jimmy

Yes sure Khun Jimmy

I want to talk with you what happen on that time for improve my problem Why has MISSING poeple this is BIG PROBLEM for me you know when i have missing customer i have to pay for loos time for my drivers now i'm very comment for everyone if that time can't to find your name on a sing please call me at 01-4827148 or 03-0178066 :beer

I used Mr Toom's service on 1 June for a pick-up at the airport heading to Pattaya.

The driver was waiting for me with my name on a sign board as advised. A good, safe driver in a clean Toyota. Polite and professional in every way and got me to Pattaya safely.

I had a 4:30 am pick-up heading to the airport on 30 June and that did not go so well. The driver was early and all seemed okay at first. An older gentleman in a ancient 940 Volvo. He was driving VERY SLOWLY the entire time through Pattaya and never seemd to pick-up the pace once we were out on the expressway. He kept it EXTREMELY COLD in the car and eventually I realized that he was very tired and trying to stay awake! His driving was irratic, wandering across lanes (far more than the usual thai driver! :llaugh ) and his speed varied from 60 kph to 100 kph and back again, constantly. The lights on the dashboard kept blinking off and he hit the dashboard and they would pop back on...sometimes! It took us 2 1/2 hours to make it to Bangkok. At that hour of the day most drivers make it in 1 hr 30-40 minutes. I nearly kissed the ground when I got out at the airport! I was going to take his license plate number to report to Toom, but the plate on the back of the car was missing!

I contacted Mr Toom via e-mail, but it didn't sound like there were any repercussions on the driver for this experience. I am debating whether to ever use Mr Toom again. I would advise anyone who has this driver in a old 940 Volvo to NOT GET INTO THE CAR if he shows up to pick you up!

On the board it's all about feeback and sharing the good with the bad. I've had some of both with Mr. Toom's service.

~Sa-teef

I think that it is important to note that there will be problems with any service. When I arrived at BKK airport on 5 May having booked with Mr Toom no one was there to meet me. After a 12 hour flight that is the last thing one wants. I spent a long time looking for and waiting for Mr Toom. I had 2 other guys helping me look. It is quite difficult to miss someone who claims to have a board held up with your name on. I ended up getting a taxi from the rank outside the airport. This was after a considerable wait in a long queue. Not a great start to the holiday.

Mr Toom claimed he was there and that I failed to spot him!!!

In these days i read different bad reports of Mr. Toom service.

I must use him for go to Pattaya from the airport on 5 August.

I don't know if confirm my booking because i have the fear of bad trip to Pattaya.

I've never used Mr Toom so I think I'm not biased, what I've read I still think he's the best alternative, but not perfect.

I think if you HAVE used Mr Toom you would be a more informed poster.

The problem is that at the beginning of the service months ago was always a perfect service but now (that there are more drivers) i read bad report.

I hope only to have a god driver with a clean car.

Edited by caverzano
The problem is that at the beginning of the service months ago was always a perfect service but now (that there are more drivers) i read bad report.

I hope only to have a god driver with a clean car.

Its the price that also sways folks towards this service .

at 1200 baht what do you expect ?

Joe

I think that whatever the price, if you book the service you expect to be picked up as arranged and not left standing at the airport. Of course the price is A consideration. But it does not matter how cheap a service is if it cannot be relied on. So far as Mr Toom is concerned he seems to have a lot of satisfied customers. However, he was not there at the airport for me in May. So I am not a satisfied customer. At the end of the day it is up to you!!!

I used Mr Toom's service on 1 June for a pick-up at the airport heading to Pattaya.

The driver was waiting for me with my name on a sign board as advised. A good, safe driver in a clean Toyota. Polite and professional in every way and got me to Pattaya safely.

I had a 4:30 am pick-up heading to the airport on 30 June and that did not go so well. The driver was early and all seemed okay at first. An older gentleman in a ancient 940 Volvo. He was driving VERY SLOWLY the entire time through Pattaya and never seemd to pick-up the pace once we were out on the expressway. He kept it EXTREMELY COLD in the car and eventually I realized that he was very tired and trying to stay awake! His driving was irratic, wandering across lanes (far more than the usual thai driver! ;) ) and his speed varied from 60 kph to 100 kph and back again, constantly. The lights on the dashboard kept blinking off and he hit the dashboard and they would pop back on...sometimes! It took us 2 1/2 hours to make it to Bangkok. At that hour of the day most drivers make it in 1 hr 30-40 minutes. I nearly kissed the ground when I got out at the airport! I was going to take his license plate number to report to Toom, but the plate on the back of the car was missing!

I contacted Mr Toom via e-mail, but it didn't sound like there were any repercussions on the driver for this experience. I am debating whether to ever use Mr Toom again. I would advise anyone who has this driver in a old 940 Volvo to NOT GET INTO THE CAR if he shows up to pick you up!

On the board it's all about feeback and sharing the good with the bad. I've had some of both with Mr. Toom's service.

~Sa-teef

Sh.... i have his service next month...thanks for your advice, maybe i take a other one from the airport and pay 2000.

thanks

Its the price that also sways folks towards this service .

at 1200 baht what do you expect ?

Joe

The price is important but i booked with him especially for the good reports of the persons that tryed him.

For me is better if the price up (to 1400-1600 bath) but the service is good.

I think that whatever the price, if you book the service you expect to be picked up as arranged and not left standing at the airport. Of course the price is A consideration. But it does not matter how cheap a service is if it cannot be relied on. So far as Mr Toom is concerned he seems to have a lot of satisfied customers. However, he was not there at the airport for me in May. So I am not a satisfied customer. At the end of the day it is up to you!!!

Agree ,

what I'm on about is the state of the car used to pick you up .

The main reason I would pre book a car would be to save time ,

and have been let down by Hotel pick ups in the past as well as prebooked drivers from second rd

I find it best just que at the taxi rank , and get a cab for 1500 baht ,

if you wish to have control of what car you get into .

Joe

Edited by gs joe
Agree ,

what I'm on about is the state of the car used to pick you up .

The main reason I would pre book a car would be to save time ,

and have been let down by Hotel pick ups in the past as well as prebooked drivers from second rd

I find it best just que at the taxi rank , and get a cab for 1500 baht ,

if you wish to have control of what car you get into .

Joe

Hi Joe,

Did you go to the small booth, on the left as one exits the terminal, where they quote a price and give you a ticket?

:chogdee2

Think I turned right just just outside ?

there is a booth there , you que up , you get a price ,

and the girl writes down you hotel in thai for the driver .

I also print off hotel address and phone number ,

as things can go wrong with pick ups its good to have a backup plan .

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Are there screens displaying arrival times? I cannot remember. As some times flights do land early or late.

If a driver is kept waiting a long time for a delayed flight, they will certainly need to get themselves a drink/snack, but if there are screens advising arrival times there is no excuse for them not to be waiting. Like was mentioned before, the last thing you need after a long flight, is a no show driver :cry1

I had a fairly positive pick up experience, with Toom, although I had to get someone to call him :clap1 . I could not fault the return journey though :clap1

:clap1

I thought I would add my 10 cents, as I recently used Mr. Toom, and have a fair amount of experience with alternatives:

I arranged for an airport pickup last month by email. He responded promptly to my email, and also provided me with his phone number should any problems arise.

I had a change of plans, had to cancel his pickup, and again, he responded in a timely manner. I got to Pattaya through the kindness of a friend who picked me up.

However, when it came time to get to the airport and home, I was concerned as it was a monday morning flight, and I knew traffic could be heavy.

I called Mr. Toom from Pattaya, using the mobile number he had provided, and his English was more than adequate to make my arrangements.

I was staying on Soi BJ, a soi so small I was certain that I would find his car waiting on walking street.

Instead, the morning of my departure his driver had somehow manuevered up the soi, arrived even earlier than our agreed time, had his trunk open, and within a minute we were off to the airport.

The car was nothing special - a toyota, good A/C, polite driver, clean, and we got to the airport in plenty of time.

Would I use him again? Definitely. I might be able to save a hundred baht or so using another service, but the fact that I can make arrangements in advance, not have to negotiate at the beginning and sometimes in the middle of the drive when traffic takes a turn for the worst, well worth the extra few baht.

Also, because Mr. Toom's business depends on word of mouth, he's sharp enough to want to keep us happy, and that to me is worth a lot.

Mark

It is good that you had a positive experience with Mr Toom. There is no doubt that he does not overcharge. I doubt that one would get a cheaper ride. He has a lot of satisfied customers and that is to his credit

However, he let me down.

It is very important that BMs continue to report both good and bad experiences with any provider of transport.

It is good that you had a positive experience with Mr Toom. There is no doubt that he does not overcharge. I doubt that one would get a cheaper ride. He has a lot of satisfied customers and that is to his credit

However, he let me down.

It is very important that BMs continue to report both good and bad experiences with any provider of transport.

Yep, and that's the 3rd time you have told us he let you down. :leaving :D :D

I used mr tooms service 27th may this year, as i walked out i went LEFT ( ive read a few people have gone right) there was one of mr tooms drivers called pong, he waited a few hours for us & was a nice guy, nothing a problem :)

i would use this service again and am planning on using it in october, but dont know where the pick up will be, because i think i will be landing at the new airport then.

will book service closer to the time so mr toom can tell me where to go when i leave airport.

like i just said above... you must turn LEFT when you leave after customs/baggage

you will see a line of pick up taxi car folks with signs

Going to be using his service this coming Friday... until that time I can't comment on his service, but he responded to my email with good instructions very quickly. If he gets me to fun town in once piece and in time for a crawl that night i'll be happy :)

-scott