Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi,

I agree with donny on this one. I like to take the bus, met interesting people of all sorts on the bus. Also, if you are a newbie, it increases your knowledge of the country if you use BTS to get to Ekamaii and you are travelling like a local does. One time I took the Airport bus to Ekamai and then Pattaya bus to Pattaya which is a bit much after a long flight. If I was going directly to Pattaya I'd take a taxi but now like to stay in Bkk for a day or 2 and then take bus to Pattaya.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone who has used the bus from Mo chit bus station to pattaya know the DEFINATE time that they stop running at night? Heard a lot of different times quoted but would like to confirm it for sure.

Sure, drag your bag and suitcase from your hotel up the soi and try to get it onto a "moto taxi ". Then drag it up the non escalator section of the BTS. Then drag it across to the bus or hire another "moto". Then put your stuff in the hold. Forget about it (sure ? bus stops at some places and I'll tell you, if I want off before it gets to Pattaya, it will stop and any Thai will tell you the same). Then drag your bags to another moto or songthaew. Then get to your destination.

If you could (and I know you can) get all that stuff on a motorbike taxi, think about the risks, danger and get a damn taxi.

If indeed it costs another $30 which I dispute (more like $20), then coming twice a year, =4*20 (going each way) = 80 = $1.60 per week (@50) or $ $0.40 per day (@40).

Every day, get the bus, 4 times a year, get a taxi.

does anyone who has used the bus from Mo chit bus station to pattaya know the DEFINATE time that they stop running at night? Heard a lot of different times quoted but would like to confirm it for sure.

biggles,

I put on my goggles and googled the relevant information. :cry1

http://www.1stopbangkok.com/getting_here/bus/

Mo Chit bus stops running alot earlier than at Ekam.

Last time I was there i think the last bus leaving Mo Ch. for Patts was around 7pm.

Edited by phantomtiger

Growler, thanks for the link. it confirms another post that last bus 7pm.

torrenova, I dont have a suitcase, only a small carry on bag, I live in a house in pattaya so all my stuff stays in thailand.

Minibuses can really be aggrivating though... one time, BKK to  Pat, we spent 2 hours circling BKK, picking up people!

Ditto Pat to BKK- an hour circling round Pattaya, and an hour circling in BKK before I was let off, and I wasn't the last! :)

There is a van to Pattaya from the Century shopping centre at Victory Monument, but as has been mentioned, it is a bit annoying. They'll sometimes drive around picking up or dropping off passengers en route.

Although it's supposed to be every 40 minutes, they often don't run the van if there are only a few passengers - although I went once with just one passenger and another time with two. It's supposed to operate between 5.30 m and 8 pm, but I wouldn't rely on that.

It costs 150 baht and takes 2 - 2 1/2 hours, depending on the number of detours. I can post a number if you like.

PS I just joined and chose this user name, only to see that there is already a ting tong, but with lower case t's, mine being capitals.

I think I'll have to see if I can change it!

Edited by Ting Tong
Sure, drag your bag and suitcase from your hotel up the soi and try to get it onto a "moto taxi ". Then drag it up the non escalator section of the BTS. Then drag it across to the bus or hire another "moto". Then put your stuff in the hold. Forget about it (sure ? bus stops at some places and I'll tell you, if I want off before it gets to Pattaya, it will stop and any Thai will tell you the same). Then drag your bags to another moto or songthaew. Then get to your destination.

If you could (and I know you can) get all that stuff on a motorbike taxi, think about the risks, danger and get a damn taxi.

If indeed it costs another $30 which I dispute (more like $20), then coming twice a year, =4*20 (going each way) = 80 = $1.60 per week (@50) or $ $0.40 per day (@40).

Every day, get the bus, 4 times a year, get a taxi.

Torrenova, you forgot to add that your luggage is stowed in a compartment under the bus and if it rains then it gets absolutely soaked.

I have on about 20 occassions hired taxis to take me from Bangkok to Pattaya and back to Bangkok. On my last trip I took the Bus from Pattaya to Ekammi with the intention of then getting the Skytrain from there to the Station closest to th Majestic Grande.

I left the Sabai Inn at 12.45pm in a taxi(bahtbus). Arrived at the Bus Station 10 minutes later bought my ticket(110 baht) but the 1.10pm Bus was full so ended up on the 1.30pm. Journey was slow and the Bus made a couple of 5 minute stops for no obvious reason. It also took a detour thru a graveyard about halfway there in an effort to beat the traffic. It rained quite heavily on the way there.

I got to Ekammi at about 3.50pm. I collected my bag from underneath and it was soaked through. I decided at that point I didnt want to be trailing soaking wet luggage along the road and up the stairs to the Sky Train Station and opted for a Taxi. My Hotel, I think, would have been less than two miles away along Sukhumvit. It took the taxi 1 hour and 20 minutes to complete that journey and it was never out of first gear.

I got to my Hotel at 5.25pm 4 hours 40 minutes after leaving the Sabai.

I will never again travel by bus especially when you have guys like Mr. Toom offering a good door to door service at 1200 baht and delivering you safe and sound in something like 2 hours.

Arrived at the Bus Station 10 minutes later bought my ticket(110 baht) but the 1.10pm Bus was full so ended up on the 1.30pm. Journey was slow and the Bus made a couple of 5 minute stops for no obvious reason.

I got to Ekammi at about 3.50pm. I decided at that point I didnt want to be trailing soaking wet luggage along the road and up the stairs to the Sky Train Station and opted for a Taxi.

My Hotel, I think, would have been less than two miles away along Sukhumvit. It took the taxi 1 hour and 20 minutes to complete that journey and it was never out of first gear.

I got to my Hotel at 5.25pm 4 hours 40 minutes after leaving the Sabai.

I will never again travel by bus especially when you have guys like Mr. Toom offering a good door to door service at 1200 baht and delivering you safe and sound in something like 2 hours.

Looks like "the bus" got you from Pattaya to BKK in 2 hours and 20 minutes. the rest of the delay was due to taxis? All in all... not a bad bus ride.

If your plan is to catch the sky train after you get to Ekamai, and the traffic is crawling along on Sukhumvit, then jump off at the first sky train station. Its called something like Oh Nut, once you see a Lotus Tesco on the left hand side of the bus get off and take the sky train. I did it last time along with about 8 others.

Looks like "the bus" got you from Pattaya to BKK in 2 hours and 20 minutes.  the rest of the delay was due to taxis?  All in all... not a bad bus ride.

By your way of thinking the 45 minutes from the Sabai till the bus leaving Ekammi didnt matter. I would have been 30 miles up the road if I had been in taxi instead of just leaving the Pattaya Bus Station. Also the traffic in Sukhumvit was at a standstill resulting in a 1 hour and twenty minute two mile taxi ride from Ekammi to my Hotel. I would not have been on Sukhumvit if I hadnt got the bus and would have approached my hotel from the expressway. The end result was a four hour plus journey because I travelled on the bus. If I had been in a taxi I would have been there in two hours with dry luggage.

By your way of thinking the 45 minutes from the Sabai till the bus leaving Ekammi didnt matter. I would have been 30 miles up the road if I had been in taxi instead of just leaving the Pattaya Bus Station. Also the traffic in Sukhumvit was at a standstill resulting in a 1 hour and twenty minute two mile taxi ride from Ekammi to my Hotel. I would not have been on Sukhumvit if I hadnt got the bus and would have approached my hotel from the expressway. The end result was a four hour plus journey because I travelled on the bus. If I had been in a taxi I would have been there in two hours with dry luggage.

:chogdee2 Once again, Cuntley knows best. :cry1 :chogdee2

"you forgot to add that your luggage is stowed in a compartment under the bus and if it rains then it gets absolutely soaked."

Bit confused here.....why would your lugguge get wet if it's in an enclosed locked compartment under the bus?

Bit confused here.....why would your lugguge get wet if it's in an enclosed locked compartment under the bus?

Not sure mate..but it did rain rather heavily in my journey so it looks like the rain water managed to find it's way into the luggage compartment. BTW I am not saying that people should not travel by bus between Bangkok and Pattaya as I am sure it suits a lot of people for whatever reason.

My post is about my experience and I will in future travel by taxi and in most probability with Mr. Toom who's service I have found very good value for money. :chogdee2

• 3 weeks later...
If your plan is to catch the sky train after you get to Ekamai, and the traffic is crawling along on Sukhumvit, then jump off at the first sky train station.  Its called something like Oh Nut, once you see a Lotus Tesco on the left hand side of the bus get off and take the sky train.  I did it last time along with about 8 others.

I took the Ekamai bus to Bangkok last week and had intended to get off at On Nut. I was told at the ticket window and then again by the driver that they were not allowed to let pasengers off at On Nut BTS station any longer as traffic police were issuing fines to the bus drivers for making a stop at a place where it was illegal to do so. It is probably just another scam the boys in brown invented to make some additional cash for themselves.

The drivers let a few of the passengers off at places where they thought it was safe to do so, but On Nut is a no no these days. Anyway, no big drama, I went to Ekamai and caught the BTS back to On Nut from there. I had made arrangements to meet a friend there.

The Lotus Superstore (On Nut) has one of the best food courts in Thailand in my opinion. To my surprise and delight I found out there was an Air Asia ticket office right inside the food court and we managed to buy a ticket for her to Chiang Mai there and then. The return ticket to CM was a little over baht 3300.

By the way, the sky train from On Nut to Morchit was 80 baht. There were lots of available meter taxis at Morchit. The taxi fare to the domestic terminal was 121 baht.

After I dropped my friend off at the airport I took another meter taxi back to Morchit bus terminal. The taxi only cost 105 baht getting there and the Morchit bus terminal is a fair distance from the BTS.

At the Morchit bus terminal, one can purchase a ticket to Pattaya for 117 baht using the Motor way. The sensible option is to ask for a 121 baht Express Way ticket, which probably gets you to Pattaya an hour quicker.

The last bus from Morchit (Mo Chit) to Pattaya leaves at 7PM.

Check out this site Bangkok skytrain www.bts.co.th gives a basic idea where you are Nana station to Ekkamai station. you can miss the bus terminal its on your right side when you travel on the train, just before you stop at the station you will be able to see it as the train slows down to stop at the station. I will give you a hint its the place where you will see a lot of blue and red coloured buses.

Secondly the ticket office for pattaya is the first window booth again on the right in the main building . You cant miss it the signs are both in Thai and in English.

Dont take a mini bus the negatives have been stated before like driving around Bangkok for an hour before heading off towards Pattaya not forgetting waiting for an hour waiting for mini bus yourself. Either at nana or dynasty I have tried both.

As to Mo Chi tbus terminal thats the North bus terminal why did any body mention that one no bus goes to pattaya from there that I know (I could be wrong never looked or noticed) especially when your on Sukhumvit.

As to coming back from Pattaya to bangkok ,yes if the traffic is heavy you will notice a lot of Thai's and farangs jumping the bus to catch the skytrain at On Nut the last or first stop on the sukhumvit line. I really advise you to jump the bus if ypou are travelling back in peak hour especially Fridays . That little trip with the bus beteween No Nou and Ekkamai could take over an hour.

lastly there no bus terminal at No Nut but a bus stop.

looks like im wrong about Mor chit Gonzo states that buses do travel from there toPattaya by way of the express way. But why bother to mention it when BM is staying on Sukhumvit soi 11.

Who THe F#*k lives out in Mor Chit?