Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

what should be my first destination once ive checked in,shat,showered,shaved and had a bite to eat?im staying at the areca lodge and arrive around 4pm.where should i eat for that matter?im from scotland but live in holland.a wee taste of home might be good to settle me in.that doesnt apply with the ladies though,haha

You wont get passed the first set of beer bars next door to areca,

Where your staying is IMO the best area in Patts plnty of bars nearby in each direction.

Areca has a decent restaurant just off the lobby. Not Scottish but ok for something to keep you going until you can explore properly. Many nice bars of all kinds within a two minute walk.

Just come out of the front entrance of the Areca and follow your nose,

Plenty of places in front of you including Lolita's, turn left with plenty of bars and head

for second road, the opportunities are endless.

There's a nice little beer bar complex on Soi Diana towards Second Road. If you're worried about jet lag hitting you then you can find a nice pick from this complex. Just walk out the Areca and make a left. The complex will be on your left across from the LK Renaissance.

The Jasmine Mansion does a nice mixed menu and their food was always very good. With your back to Areca turn right, take a left just before the first 7/11 (on corner), follow road round past Rockhouse/Lolitas/Hell club, when you reach T junction take a left and Jasmine is second building in. Tell Kevin and Jin Alex says Hi.

As for bars, if you don't mind starting your holiday by sh*ting on your own doorstep so to speak then there are a load of bars on the road where Areca is (take a left out of Hotel).

Kiss food is ok. I ate there most days on my recent trip.

I have seen a thread somewhere that the food is not liked by some but they have a good variety.

As for bars mate there are no bad one's just some are better than others. It might be a good idea not to pick one too close to where your staying as it can get uncomfortable walking past the bar you got your first lady from IMO.

Enjoy

You could always walk out the front door, turn right, and go up a block or so. Right across the street you'll see a place called Robin's Nest. They have decent food, both Western and Thai. Try one of the specials.

J

There's a nice little beer bar complex on Soi Diana towards Second Road. If you're worried about jet lag hitting you then you can find a nice pick from this complex. Just walk out the Areca and make a left. The complex will be on your left across from the LK Renaissance.

Don't take a girl from this complex every time you walk by with another Girl the BG's will give you the Bird big style.As somebody said don't shit on your own doorstep

Robins Nest is an excellent restaurant and very close to Areca. If the main menu looks expensive, look for the 119 baht special menu. There is one on every table but the waitresses try to hide it from the customers. :D

First night get a baht bus down to walking street and go to Happy gogo before the first show starts at 9pm.

Spidey.

Edited by spiderman
You wont get passed the first set of beer bars next door to areca,

Where your staying is IMO the best area in Patts plnty of bars nearby in each direction.

I would SERIOUSLY discourage going ANY WHERE near a bar from where you a lving believe me it will save you a world of grief later on on your trip from a jealous bar girl when you come home late at night with your next bar fine.

Instead around 5pm go to Pattaya Beer Bar or anyone of the many seafood restaurants on Walking Street then go to FLB and introduce yourself to either Martin (the owner) or Eddie (the manager) of FLB.

If you take heed of ANY advice on this board DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT BAR FINE ANY GIRL NEAR YOUR HOTEL.

If you do you are FUCKED and don't expect any sympathy from ME or ANYONE on this board when you get FUCKED UP and you WILL.

well if you put it that way

naw,ill take heed of that though.the last thing i want is grief.can it really be that bad?

im sure it can

Yes yes and double yes.

I have stayed in that area for periods totaling nine weeks and though there are some stunners in the surrounding beer bars I took the advice not to sh1t on my own doorstep. I have BF'd from the Rockhouse without any problems but it is not a beer bar.

Myself and my mate did have a few problems with two girls from the Simon Complex who stalked us but the staff at the Areca were very good in protecting us. Nothing sinister, they just kept turning up at the hotel looking for us.

Edited by alexist
I would SERIOUSLY discourage going ANY WHERE near a bar from where you a lving believe me it will save you a world of grief later on on your trip from a jealous bar girl when you come home late at night with your next bar fine.

Instead around 5pm go to Pattaya Beer Bar or anyone of the many seafood restaurants on Walking Street then go to FLB and introduce yourself to either Martin (the owner) or Eddie (the manager) of FLB.

If you take heed of ANY advice on this board DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT BAR FINE ANY GIRL NEAR YOUR HOTEL.

If you do you are FUCKED and don't expect any sympathy from ME or ANYONE on this board when you get FUCKED UP and you WILL.

I think that anyone who has taken a girl from a bar near to their hotel has invariably regretted it. Certainly this would not be a good idea. By all means drink at local bars, have fun, chat with the ladies and buy them drinks if you wish. But I would endorse the advice from "rightsaid". Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it.