Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I didn't think salmon was native to Thailand. Do they farm them here?

Any salmon in Thailand is imported, but there's lots of it that is imported. It's possible it's tinned in Thailand (never heard of it, mind you) because there are really excellent fish-packing facilities here. There's no tuna in Thailand either but most of the world's tuna comes from Thailand.

There are a lot of products that don't originate in Thailand but wind up showing that they come from Thailand, manufactured, packed or value-added here, then shipped abroad. Some of it inevitably winds up being sold in Thailand as "local product" like the tuna, the ski jackets and the official NBA team jackets.

As for Salmon Supreme, here's the details:

Salmon Supreme Entree

Edited by joekicker
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

But I literally have never seen a Thai EVER purchase, let alone open a tin of salmon. Ever. Even in Villa. Even overseas. That's why Carrefour doesn't have it.

Are you the Chairman of Carrefour? If not why would they not stock a product just because you have never seen anyone buy it?

Are you the Chairman of Carrefour? If not why would they not stock a product just because you have never seen anyone buy it?

Only the chairman of Carrefour is entitled to give eyewitness reports here?

But look. Everyone else says Carrefour doesn't have it. Have you witnessed something else? And isn't it a shame you can't tell us since you're not the chairman! Or, hey, live it up, be a hypocrite and go ahead and tell us what you saw on the Carrefour shelves!

wow is that pricey............in these parts pink salmon is catfood,

to charge sockeye prices , well, lets say I need to open a cannary :D

Well years ago in the UK we enjoyed our tinned salmon swimmin' in vinegar as our Saturday salad.......

Tuna was for the cats....

Well years ago in the UK we enjoyed our tinned salmon swimmin' in vinegar as our Saturday salad.......

Exactly how I grew up with salmon :D

It was my Japanese ex wife who introduced me to seared and then raw tuna and then the various other varieties of Japanese sashimi tuna. Now I love it but I also like the security of a good tin of salmon in the cupboard for when the mood strikes.

Exactly how I grew up with salmon :D

It was my Japanese ex wife who introduced me to seared and then raw tuna and then the various other varieties of Japanese sashimi tuna. Now I love it but I also like the security of a good tin of salmon in the cupboard for when the mood strikes.

Tinned red salmon mashed with plenty vinegar, a bit of salt and pepper.

Make piles of sandwiches with fresh brown bread, lettuce and tomato optional, Heinz salad cream recommended......yummy....

Tinned red salmon mashed with plenty vinegar, a bit of salt and pepper.

Make piles of sandwiches with fresh brown bread, lettuce and tomato optional, Heinz salad cream recommended......yummy....

Fook me, are you related to my parents ? exactly the way we had it. Usually with some finger buns. Still the way I prefer it today.

Fook me, are you related to my parents ? exactly the way we had it. Usually with some finger buns. Still the way I prefer it today.
Real luxury was when we had oven bottom flour cakes!!!!!

yes I guess you brits have a hard time refining your taste buds, must be the warm beer...or

should I say...Tepid.... :allright

but Tuna?....with mayo, celery or dill pickles finely chopped,

some cilantro, salt and pepper....on toast or bread...mmmm...mmmmm

In Scotland, we used the vinegar, but no salad, just chips. As you know, Scotlands a salad free zone :rolleyes:

In Scotland, we used the vinegar, but no salad, just chips. As you know, Scotlands a salad free zone :rolleyes:

That is why many of you are ginger bastards :finger :beer -not enough iron

I bought 2 tins of red salmon before xmas. I mix it with a little vinnegar, some sugar and tomato pure. Then cut up some thin slices of cucumber to make salmon and cucumber sandwiches on granary bread. We dont cut corners here in the South 1luv

Edited by Mr Pastry
Why on earth do people add tomato ketchup or purée to things to fuck the taste up completely ?

Fresh salmon has a delicate tastem but tin salmon is not so refined. A touch of puree does add to the flavour in this instance.

Chips.... fookin' hell it's supposed to be a cold/ salad meal, I bet you heathens put ketchup on it! :D

Maybe some crisps to put on the sandwich for those who don't like lettuce but want the 'crunch'....

And FFS 'cilantro'...........??? Makes me think of pubic hair, you push it to one side to get at the meat!

Thinking of Scotland and the deep fried Mars bar, I then thought of some very nice salmon (and other fish varieties) fish cakes I have had over the years. Always expensive, to get something very special. Could eat one right now actually.

You mean coriander ?

What is this cilantro crap ?

cilantro is a leaf like herb...much like parsley not quite as bitter...

it has become my #1 aromatic....I put it in everything, Italian...mexican...Thai...

Indian.....mediterranian....Tex Mex....it is awesome.....

coriander is good as well, depending on the dish.....but is more used for curries,

but cilantro goes good in curries too....

it is great with limes, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, chillies, zest,a main staple for any good kitchen..

hope you discover it...I am sure you will agree

cheers

I bet you heathens put ketchup on it! :D

its called puree........as apposed to puttin a few tomatoes in the blender with some

cilantro and pepper and cucumber....that is a puree to me....

but I guess ketchup works as a puree in a pinch.... :rolleyes:

its called puree........as apposed to puttin a few tomatoes in the blender with some

cilantro and pepper and cucumber....that is a puree to me....

but I guess ketchup works as a puree in a pinch.... :rolleyes:

You Scottish Canadian....?

Lot of bloody effort over a salmon butty!

Edited by jacko
cilantro is a leaf like herb...much like parsley not quite as bitter...

it has become my #1 aromatic....I put it in everything, Italian...mexican...Thai...

Indian.....mediterranian....Tex Mex....it is awesome.....

coriander is good as well, depending on the dish.....but is more used for curries,

but cilantro goes good in curries too....

it is great with limes, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, chillies, zest,a main staple for any good kitchen..

hope you discover it...I am sure you will agree

cheers

Cilantro is coriander !

Just a daft Yank name for it :beer

Always have some in the house for Thai and non Thai cooking and salads.