Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in March. It is located along the road that goes to Jomtien, near the VC hotel. It is a small hotel around 8-10 units. It is owned by an American with mostly an American clientle. It is easy to get to, the baht buses stop 10 feet from the hotel entrance. This was my second time I have stayed here, the last being in 2006. I enjoy this place and will be staying again on my next trip. I always stay in a suite room, and these rooms are more like an apartment than a hotel room. I have stayed in penthouses 2 & 4. This trip was penthouse #2. the unit has a separate bedroom, full kitchen, living room/entertainment areas. In the suites a personal computer was also provided with free internet. There is also free internet in the lobby. In room safes separate AC units and TV's for the bedroom. The entertainment area has a bar and a dancers pole if you are in to that. Even though it is very close to the road it is very quite. Easy to get back at the end of the night just a short walk through the Arab section of town. I paid 2900 baht per day. I realized I could stay at a cheaper place, but I am on holiday and I like to splurge. The separate bedroom is nice as I like to get up earlier than the TG of the day and am able to watch TV with out disturbing them.

The only drawbacks are the AC only works with the key inserted and no shower caps for the ladies.

PB#1

thai_2010_010.jpg

thai_2010_007.jpg

attachment=36591:thai_2010_006.jpg]

thai_2010_008.jpg

thai_2010_004.jpg

thai_2010_006.jpg

thai_2010_007.jpg

I've always wondered about the attraction of that place as I thought it overpriced from when it opened. Large enough to be sure but I can't see how on earth it is worth anywhere near Bt2900 a day or 40k for 2 weeks. I can't say your report has changed my opinion, only perhaps to reinforce it.

It is twice the price of the RG and hardly compares.

It is owned by an American with mostly an American clientle....

A very friendly and helpful guy!

The Vault is a bit of a luxury place to stay but would be great if you wanted to organise a couple of parties with your mates and invite some bar girls.

• 2 weeks later...

I was pleasantly surprised by the Gold Vault Inn. I was visiting Fort Knox and expected a motel so close to a military installation to be shabby. Instead, the rooms were spacious and well-appointed, including refrigerator, microwave, and wireless internet access. The rate was reasonable, too. I will definitely stay there again.

I have always stayed at the Vault when I visit. He has 4 different types of rooms with different prices. LK Metro and RG do not even compare. Mike takes his guests around, supplies them with phones, you just can't beat the service or the staff.

I've always wondered about the attraction of that place as I thought it overpriced from when it opened. Large enough to be sure but I can't see how on earth it is worth anywhere near Bt2900 a day or 40k for 2 weeks. I can't say your report has changed my opinion, only perhaps to reinforce it.

Not saying there aren't better deals at 2,900 baht, but having stayed at both, the rooms (take a look at that bathroom) at the Vault as well as the location are larger and nicer than the RG even without the amenities like free computer/internet.

Not saying there aren't better deals at 2,900 baht, but having stayed at both, the rooms (take a look at that bathroom) at the Vault as well as the location are larger and nicer than the RG even without the amenities like free computer/internet.

Sure but one is Bt1450 a day with 2 pools and so forth and the other is Bt2900 a day and offers no pool and few facilities. I don't think the RG is the best value in Pattaya but for a separate bedroom and kitchenette facilities it has to be considered.

Perhaps a better analogy would be to say just where you think is worse value at Bt2900. Taking obvious stupidity aside, I'm not sure.

...I don't think the RG is the best value in Pattaya but for a separate bedroom and kitchenette facilities it has to be considered...

Other than its location, I've always thought of the RG as a good value, so I would be interested in your opinion of what is the best value in a Pattaya hotel.

:D

Edited by Samsonite
Other than its location, I've always thought of the RG as a good value, so I would be interested in your opinion of what is the best value in a Pattaya hotel.

:rolleyes:

If you ride a motobike, you can get from Walking Street to RG in less than 5 min.

Sure but one is Bt1450 a day with 2 pools and so forth and the other is Bt2900 a day and offers no pool and few facilities. I don't think the RG is the best value in Pattaya but for a separate bedroom and kitchenette facilities it has to be considered.

Perhaps a better analogy would be to say just where you think is worse value at Bt2900. Taking obvious stupidity aside, I'm not sure.

I've stayed in both the RG and the Vault.

The 2900 baht suite at the vault cannot be compared with any other room I have ever seen, anyplace, for less than US$100/night. It's really cool. Jaccuzzi, bar, stage with chrome pole, PC, etc...

The standard room is very big, but not a true suite, so for 1300 baht the RG is much nicer. The long room, if memory serves me, is just a longer version of the standard room so it's really huge, but still just one room.

The rooms at the vault are very nice, very clean, and have all the things you need such as a safe, PC, big shower/bathroom, no guest fee, etc. Also, house keeping even does your laundry every day so that will save you some time and a few baht! However, no pool, restaurant, balcony or reasonably priced separate bedroom suite.

My thoughts exactly...

Edited by sick buffalo
If you ride a motobike, you can get from Walking Street to RG in less than 5 min.

You can walk it in about 15 minutes. As to motorbikes, I'm not suicidal. :rolleyes:

I've stayed at the RG and liked everything about it, EXCEPT the location. If you are going to spend all your time in the

Walking Street area, then I don't think there is a better hotel, but if you plan to spend anytime north of South Pattaya

Road, then Soi 13 is a more central location.

Leaving the RG is not a problem, but getting back is a pain in the a**, especially later at night. I even tried hiring a baht bus to go directly back to the RG and the idiot driver still stopped along the way and picked up other passengers. There should be an open hunting season on baht bus drivers. :D

Edited by Samsonite

It looks nice but it costs about 4 times more that what I will pay for a large room in a new hotel with a swimming pool.

Surely anyone thinking about spending that kind of crazy money on a place to sleep would opt for the less expensive absolutely beautiful 39sq metre executive rooms at Nova Gold.

Why on earth would anyone be worried about disturbing the Thai bar girl?

I treat everbody the way I would want to be treated. I only get to Thailand once per year for 2 weeks. So for me it is not a matter of money, but more a matter of time, even if I could stay for free, I would only get 2 weeks. I treat every trip to Asia as possibly my last trip, so I splurge. I do spend a couple of hours a day reading, so it is nice if I have a TG with me, she can take a nap with out me disturbing her, or if she is hungover, she can sleep in while I go get breakfast.

PB#1

• 3 weeks later...
I treat everbody the way I would want to be treated. I only get to Thailand once per year for 2 weeks. So for me it is not a matter of money, but more a matter of time, even if I could stay for free, I would only get 2 weeks. I treat every trip to Asia as possibly my last trip, so I splurge. I do spend a couple of hours a day reading, so it is nice if I have a TG with me, she can take a nap with out me disturbing her, or if she is hungover, she can sleep in while I go get breakfast.

PB#1

I can understand that sentiment. I've got an 8 night visit coming up - my first in 2 years - so I am staying in a terrace suite at the Marriott. Nice rooms, easy access to the pool, and of course much less hassle coming back with a guest than staying in the main block of the hotel (especially for ST). It's not that cheap, but it works for me.

Edited by irmster