Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 493 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Your favourite Buffet Places in Pattaya

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Thai buffet Papillon mentioned is called Sampan although in pronunciation the final "n" seems to be elongated. i.e. Sampannnnn. It costs 169 per person. Mainly Thai food but some falang - chicken legs, pork steaks, french fries, ice-cream, coffee. Drinks are extra - if you order beer they only have big bottles. I was there last night with 4 Thai ladies. Judging by the amount they ate they must have liked it.

Jim

The Thai buffet Papillon mentioned is called Sampan although in pronunciation the final "n" seems to be elongated. i.e. Sampannnnn. It costs 169 per person. Mainly Thai food but some falang - chicken legs, pork steaks, french fries, ice-cream, coffee. Drinks are extra - if you order beer they only have big bottles. I was there last night with 4 Thai ladies. Judging by the amount they ate they must have liked it.

Jim

Not saying much coz they'll eat a lot of anything! :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
buffet breakfast at Lek Hotel

I stayed at the Lek some time ago and spent a lot of time watching the food being dive bombed by flies and handled by everyone who passed along the table.I would rather eat fresh cooked food from the street carts than the Buffet at the Lek,though I suppose that thier buffet is no worse than anywhere else.

• 1 month later...

I walked around that area last night and found a big Thai open-air buffet place called "The Fish" (big sign in English) opposite a big bus park. Was that it? Saw a load of pre-cooked stuff and also raw things you could cook yourself on a Mongolian cooker at the table. 169B

Some sort of giant TV screen (Karaoke?) at the rear.

Didn't actually eat there but made a note to return. Looked fine and didn't smell :)

Me and the Lady occasionally use the Thai buffet along 3rd road just along from Tony's gym, its the cook yourself type, you go to the middle area where all the fresh meats are, chicken, pork, beef, liver, kidney, fish, prawns etc etc, they also have chicken drumsticks and various other bits ready cooked as well as a whole fish can be ordered ready cooked.

You then get the small barbie thing at your table and just add the meat and a few mins and its cooked, then eat and put veg in the stock around the edge and then you have a nice soup, one thing to remember though is when you take off cooked meat with your chop sticks make sure you have not just used the same chop sticks to add raw meat as you may transfer blood from the raw meat to your cooked meat, this can be dangerous.

Cant remember the price as she normally pays but not expensive.

Is that the place just before you come to the overpass that leads to Bali Hai pier. If so, it is excellent. It's called schezuan/sesh wan (spelling) I remember the name as there is a chinese takeaway back home with the same name.

ninja_1.jpg

ninja2.jpg

Went to this place with 4 ladies. 2 - 30 year olds, a 14 year old and a 9 year old. It's a buffet BBQ place. Forgot my camera so grabbed a card. Cost me 300 per person but 150 for each of the kids.

The ladies got so much food. The crabs were crap barely any meat, the ladies were eating the guts. They had something similar to Morten bay bugs and they were awsum. The prawns were ok and the squid was pretty good.

I wouldn't go there by myself but is fun when with some hungry Thai Ladies.

Edit: tried to copy and paste from trip report and photos didn't show up.

I think cost me 1800. 3 large san migs for me a couple of spys and a couple of big cokes..

Edited by harro1

Residence Garden/Captains Table for me. Maybe more expensive (around 4-500? Can't recall exactly) but nice barbecue and some great house wines. Most of the time very convenient for me as I tend to stay there as well. Barbecued meat, pork, chicken, salad bar, a sparse but ever present Thai dish or 2. Decent ambience except for traffic noises if highway is busy.

Did I mention the Elvis show? May be a reason for that. But live entertainment.

Always had a pleasant time none the less.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the buffet at the Japanese place last night on the 6th floor in Centra Plaza on beach road with all you can eat sushi and steamboat and gotta say it was very good, highly recommended :whistling: freeflow of soft drinks and also fruit and ice cream all for 290bht. I gotta say I was stuffed after and you get an hour and fifthteen minutes to fill your boots :allright

If you go along Second Road, take the second or third soi on the right after BigC (Not BigD) then half way up on your right is a huge buffet place. Very cheap and all the girls love eating there cos it's Thai. Seating for hundreds of people. Yummy :whistling:

One learns something everyday,Thais love eating thai food,nice one Papps

One learns something everyday,Thais love eating thai food,nice one Papps
Well they did nearly six months ago..... :clueless

They love eating CHEAP Thai food too!

Where is the Ninja in relation to the Fish? From what I can see they must be close but I only found the Fish when I was walking around.

Has anyone tried the 199B Hot-Pot steamboat buffet on the ground floor of the Tukcom building? (Formerly Day-Night for those with long memories.) I was wandering around there this morning, too early for me to eat a big lunch, but the ingredients looked pretty good and there were several Thai groups eating and apparently enjoying it.

Where is the Ninja in relation to the Fish? From what I can see they must be close but I only found the Fish when I was walking around.

Has anyone tried the 199B Hot-Pot steamboat buffet on the ground floor of the Tukcom building? (Formerly Day-Night for those with long memories.) I was wandering around there this morning, too early for me to eat a big lunch, but the ingredients looked pretty good and there were several Thai groups eating and apparently enjoying it.

Its not as close as you think. Go down North Pattaya road till you reach 3rd road. Turn into 3rd Road about 2km and it'll be on your left with a giant neon sign.

I tried asking the baht bus driver Ninja Moo Ka Ta Sai Sam and was lucky he knew the place. Cost 150Baht for the ride but only 2 of us so I thought it was expensive :devil

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk

Right. The Fish place I saw must have been the one mentioned earlier in the thread. I was thinkking there might be two of them near each other.

Ninja. Fish. What has that got to do with buffets anyway? :devil

Happy 2011 to all

Right. The Fish place I saw must have been the one mentioned earlier in the thread. I was thinkking there might be two of them near each other.

Ninja. Fish. What has that got to do with buffets anyway? :whistling:

Happy 2011 to all

Obviously you've not eaten at either places. Its 150-300B for all you can eat ; including fresh seafood.

Obviously you've not eaten at either places. Its 150-300B for all you can eat ; including fresh seafood.

I know that, thanks. I was just wondering what the names had to do with buffets. Or restaurants for that matter. Not that it makes any difference.

There is also a second Japanese buffet place opposite the one in Central Festival. It's not as good as the first one but it has 25% off on Wednesday which makes it more worthwhile. You get an extra 15 minutes there though it beats me how anyone could eat for more than an hour anyway. 30 - 45 minutes does me.

There is a steak buffet for about 300B also in Central F. Not been there as I'm not a meat eater.

Lek and Apex are both pretty dire IMHO. Of the two I would probably chose the Apex if I had to. Not enough Thai stuff in either for my taste. I would rather spend the money in the no-name Thai place on Soi Buakhow. It would be difficult for one person to spend 180B on food in there, unless it was for takeaway.

For breakfast the Diana Dragon at 105B is far nicer than the Lek or Apex or Diana Inn. The Diana Inn has a decent evening buffet (better ingredients but less choice than the Lek or the Apex).

Sizzler beats all of them for soup, salad, dessert at about 200B with water. Go to the Royal Garden one, not the Festival one as it is much less busy. I only have the salad bar there as the main course I tried was not good and the chips (fries) are greasy.

There is also a 99B buffet breakfast sign up on the Sawasdee hotel about half way down the Soi that Page 10 is in, by VT6. The sign says 7 - 10:30 but on the day I looked it didnt seem to be working so I dont know what it is like.

every saturday at THE KINGS TABLE on soi 13 across fro the sportsman

199 baht for bbq buffet ribs,chicken,ham,roast pork roast beef

sausages and shrimp and kabobs the best potato salad in pattaya

they also have good array of thai food

i was there on january 1 for it and every saturday since i have been here

My absolute fav is Ninja also... I gotta go there at least once or twice per trip... I love the seafood buffet option 300 baht...

One not mentioned, but only kinda a buffett Jade house on Wednesdays... free... well sort of... really 200 baht... love the pig skin... and the extra's aren't bad either... (and I'm not talking food... :banghead )

Montien Seafood Friday's are really good, but as mentioned pricey...

Cherry Resturant Wed is awesome... very classy..

Sushi shi (the conveyor belt place in Festival) also has a new outlet @ Big C... but last time I went (in Nov) they had changed the items they offer to a cheaper selection of items... so it wasn't really worth it anymore IMHO... YMMV

There is another Thai style bbq place just up the street from Ninja BBQ on 3rd Road, but I've never been there... Emil likes that place so maybe he'll tell us about that place...

I know that, thanks. I was just wondering what the names had to do with buffets. Or restaurants for that matter. Not that it makes any difference.

There is also a second Japanese buffet place opposite the one in Central Festival. It's not as good as the first one but it has 25% off on Wednesday which makes it more worthwhile. You get an extra 15 minutes there though it beats me how anyone could eat for more than an hour anyway. 30 - 45 minutes does me.

There is a steak buffet for about 300B also in Central F. Not been there as I'm not a meat eater.

Lek and Apex are both pretty dire IMHO. Of the two I would probably chose the Apex if I had to. Not enough Thai stuff in either for my taste. I would rather spend the money in the no-name Thai place on Soi Buakhow. It would be difficult for one person to spend 180B on food in there, unless it was for takeaway.

For breakfast the Diana Dragon at 105B is far nicer than the Lek or Apex or Diana Inn. The Diana Inn has a decent evening buffet (better ingredients but less choice than the Lek or the Apex).

Sizzler beats all of them for soup, salad, dessert at about 200B with water. Go to the Royal Garden one, not the Festival one as it is much less busy. I only have the salad bar there as the main course I tried was not good and the chips (fries) are greasy.

There is also a 99B buffet breakfast sign up on the Sawasdee hotel about half way down the Soi that Page 10 is in, by VT6. The sign says 7 - 10:30 but on the day I looked it didnt seem to be working so I dont know what it is like.

55 sorry , I thought you were talking about the food itself. I guess its up to the owner what they want to name it. They can even call it 'Not A Food Place' Resturant if they think its gonna pull in people. There's even a famous seafood resturant in Singapore called 'No Signboard' Resturant. If you ever make it there , try the white pepper crab! :whistling: http://www.nosignboardseafood.com/

Apex's not the best but cant be beat for variety , even the thai/chinese fare is pretty good with its clear soup , susages , chilli paste , thai curry etc. Different everyday. But the last time , they were missing the pancakes so I dont know if its a one off thing or its no longer on the menu. The coffee's improved and I need my coffee even if its not civet poop coffee!

I was possibly a bit unfair with the Apex. Especially for anyone who likes it enough to go for the "buy 10 get 11" offer.

There are several places where I would rather spend the money though.

Whilst I'm typing: Indian place at the far south end of 2nd road just before the turn-off to Jomtien. 219B. I looked at it but wasnt impressed as there wasnt much choice. They also do Thali for 180B and that's nearly a buffet, I suppose!

• 1 month later...
Are you joking? I only tried it once, a few months back, and it was absolute shitt - out of 10 I'd give it -1000. Maybe I just went on a bad day?

I agree ,I stayed there for 2 holidays and I watched that buffet get handled for hours by everyone as well as getting flies all over it.It would be safer and probably more hygenic to eat at the roadside stalls.