Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

BF from Walking street Go Go probably broke my safety box and steals TB 100000 + + a couple of days back

Hotel safes are easy to get into happens in Philippines all the time, best to keep valuables in your pockets when you go out.
Then there are the baht bus pick-pocket girls and the katoeys.

I would never ever take my passport out with me, in fact I leave all the cards, licences etc etc back in the room and it is just cash in my pockets.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you stay in the ABC hotel in AC their in room safes are actually linked to the front desk system and they can give you a print out of when the safe was opened and how long for. Also tell you who has accessed your room and when. Manager says they have never had any problems of theft since system was installed.

They just had a problem with someone losing a big amount by an employee that got into the safe in the last 2 mos. To their credit they replaced the money.

They just had a problem with someone losing a big amount by an employee that got into the safe in the last 2 mos. To their credit they replaced the money.
Never say never.....

And I agree, to their credit as generally little respoinsiblity is taken.

Its likely that someone knew you had that amount (silly) money in your safe, its more unlikely a girl would go to this trouble if she didnt know what was inside, 100,00 baht in cash sounds like you were asking for trouble.

Its likely that someone knew you had that amount (silly) money in your safe, its more unlikely a girl would go to this trouble if she didnt know what was inside, 100,00 baht in cash sounds like you were asking for trouble.

He's now saying (on "Addicts") that MAYBE! there was only 70000bht and not 100,000, seems to me he's telling "Porkies"! I for one do not think for 1 minute that the girl is guilty (if anything happened at all!) Simply just to many holes in his story.

Maybe whole thing made up to advertise this "Milockie" crap which appears to be anything but foolproof!

• 2 weeks later...
However all this turns out, one thing seems obvious to me: don't keep that kind of money in a room safe. It takes all of about 15 minutes to open a Thai bank account. Then, you deposit your money and you're out the door with a new ATM card.

I usually have a laptop and camera and so on, but I usually have those items insured.

Anyway, I've always been lucky, I guess. Nothing ever taken from my room.

Why not just use a debit card (or credit card) from your falang bank to get cash from an ATM? Then you don't have to keep large amounts of cash in your room safe (or the safety box behind the hotel desk. :whistling:

Just remembered an experience in Phil late last year. Staying in a high rise condo and had trouble opening the in room safe. Called reception and they advised look underneath the the safe for the key. :allright

Why not just use a debit card (or credit card) from your falang bank to get cash from an ATM? Then you don't have to keep large amounts of cash in your room safe (or the safety box behind the hotel desk. :allright

what do you advise when the ATM machine at the corner of Soi Diana and Buckaroo eats yer debit card? :hithead

what do you advise when the ATM machine at the corner of Soi Diana and Buckaroo eats yer debit card? :(

Use the other one that you have brought with you in case of this kind of emergency.

what do you advise when the ATM machine at the corner of Soi Diana and Buckaroo eats yer debit card? :clueless
Keep more money in your bank account. When I put my ATM card in a machine it gets down on one knee! :allright
what do you advise when the ATM machine at the corner of Soi Diana and Buckaroo eats yer debit card? :rolleyes:

I only use ATM that's attached to a bank branch. The ATM at the Royal Garden Bank ate my card. It took me all of five minutes for one of the teller's to fetch it from the machine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...