Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Is KFC the rankest fast food?

Atlantic salmon is a different species altogether from Pacific salmon and the Atlantic variant is what's used in the farms even in the Pacific. It's tasteless and doesn't hold together very well. They even have to add food colouring to it so people can recognize it.

And? I didn't for one minute think that it was Pacific salmon they were catching in The Outer Hebrides. :thumbup

Which restaurants do you recommend in Pattaya for salmon? I think the Sizzler promo has just finished ...

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why is a women like a bucket of KFC ? Because once your past the Tender breasts and the juicy thighs All you have left is a greasy wet box to put your bone in.

Is that a chip on your shoulder… or maybe a french fry ?

McDonald's burgers 100% beef, No horse

Posted Images

I guess some prefer hamburger over steak and don't know (or care) about the difference.

Amateurs. :yawn:

You've still to tell us where the best place in Pattaya is that serves Wild Pacific Salmon. :frustrated1:

Sizzer is still is the Mc'Donald's of sit down restaurant's whether they be in Thailand or anywhere else. Ohhh, let's go to IHOP for some decent grub. the 8 year olds will think they've gone to heaven.

Suggesting that Sizzler is half decent is a travesty.

Edited by steamer
  • Upvote 1

KFC now has boneless available (or 'on offer' for you Brits).

If it is on offer, what is the special price?

Edited by jacko

Sizzer is still is the Mc'Donald's of sit down restaurant's whether they be in Thailand or anywhere else. Ohhh, let's go to IHOP for some decent grub. the 8 year olds will think they've gone to heaven.

You've already mentioned that (although I don't think that IHOP is in Thailand yet). The best place in Pattaya (or LOS) for (Pacific) salmon is what I'm after. In the meantime, I'm off to Sizzler to renew my annual membership. :thumbup

Suggesting that Sizzler is half decent is a travesty.

The description I used was, "I reckon it's consistently good value for money - certainly the branches in Thailand operated by Minor Food." What alternatives do you reckon are worth a visit?

Edited by CheshireTom

I have asked the following question before,

Where is the best sausages to buy and take home from Pattaya ?.............I received a answer last time being the Pig and Whistle but they where not that good

Where is the best sausages to buy and take home from Pattaya ?.............I received a answer last time being the Pig and Whistle but they where not that good

You would have better luck at getting an answer if you opened a topic with that question, rather than asking it in the middle of a topic about KFC (or salmon).

Sent from the mostly bugfree Tapatalk app for Android.

Atlantic salmon is a different species altogether from Pacific salmon and the Atlantic variant is what's used in the farms even in the Pacific. It's tasteless and doesn't hold together very well. They even have to add food colouring to it so people can recognize it.

You do know that British Columbia is the home for farmed salmon in the Pacific NW?

It's been a couple of years since I ate at the Pizza Hut at the BigC on 2nd Road. I found the sausage to be excellent. I liked the way it was spiced.

It's been a couple of years since I ate at the Pizza Hut at the BigC on 2nd Road. I found the sausage to be excellent. I liked the way it was spiced.

Pizza Hut sells sausages to take home and cook? :clueless

Edited by Hub

Back in the mid '70s I was passing the firs McDonald's to open in my home country, so I decided to give it a try. What a disappointment...... I've never been back to McDonald's anywhere.

Then KFC opened up, and I tried that too...... sort of edible, comparatively expensive. I have been back the odd time when other options have not been available. It is several years since the last time, under duress from a TGF. She paid.

That's about it for corporate fast food places for me. Thailand's street stalls offer better variety, value and taste.

Edited by Mick2
  • 2 months later...

KFC do a nice khow yam ki sep

Took me a bit, but I finally realized you're talking about the Kao Yum Gai Saap (Spicy Roasted Chicken on rice)

Chicken is pronounced a little like Guy, and Saap (spicy) is pronounced much like Lap, like a lap in the pool.

thumb_600.jpg

Edited by LocalYokul

When it comes to good Yum I prefer this restaurant:

yum+saap-7.jpg

Not too sure if there's any branches in Pattaya though.

When it comes to good Yum I prefer this restaurant:

Not too sure if there's any branches in Pattaya though.

Yeah, that looks delicious.

Any more pictures?

Took me a bit, but I finally realized you're talking about the Kao Yum Gai Saap

Hi. Maybe "You" know it with this phonetic writing, but not sure if it's better than Wobbly's one..?

Looking on the Internet you can find many attempts to write that in English, but not really one is good...

Khow Yam Ki Sep (Wobbly)

Kao Yum Gai Saap (Yokul)

Khao Yam Kai Seep (google)

Khaao Yam Gai Seet (thai-language)

The only way to have it right is with ข้าวยำไก่ซี้ด :smile:

I don't like KFC (and McDo either) but if I HAD to go there again, I could take this dish. Looks good :smile:

https://kfc.co.th/rice.php?lang=en

• 2 weeks later...

If it is on offer, what is the special price?

The boneless bucket of 10 pieces is $16.

BTW, 10 pieces only goes up about 2/3 of the volume of the bucket, since the bucket was made for holding chicken with bones that take up more space.

You can also get the buffet if you dine indoors, but they don't put the boneless out on the buffet. They don't even put their new grilled chicken on the buffet unless you ask them for it. Honestly their grilled chicken stinks though. It's entirely too dry and void of spices.

Yeah, that looks delicious.

Any more pictures?

Well, since it's you, YES

yam_saap(5).jpg

yum-saap-major-ratchayothin.jpg

422081920ofzanh_ph.jpg

Khow Yam Ki Sep (Wobbly)

Kao Yum Gai Saap (Yokul)

Khao Yam Kai Seep (google)

Khaao Yam Gai Seet (thai-language)

The only way to have it right is with ข้าวยำไก่ซี้ด :smile:

Yes, for those of us who can read Thai, that would be the correct way.

I was actually going for ข้าวยำไก่แสบ

To me YAM is a sweet potato, not a spicy salad.

The McDonalds in Jakarta is disgusting. No bacon. Not been game to try it in any other SE Asian country. KFC was ok in KL. The best food in Thailand is fish and finger pie available from the nearest bar or massage place. I keep coming back for it and it is not fattening.

Back to the original question. Like most people I like a dose of junk food now and then. I usually do not eat KFC but on an annual basis I get a voucher from them for a free feed as I am a shareholder. Last week I used mine and it was truly horrible. It was full of fat and left a puddle of the shit after I had tried to eat it. I checked with someone else who has cooking training and we believe that perhaps the issue is that it is just not cooked properly and that perhaps the oil is not hot enough hence not being sealed. Unless its free I wont be trying it any time soon.

• 2 months later...

The McDonalds in Jakarta is disgusting. No bacon. Not been game to try it in any other SE Asian country. KFC was ok in KL. The best food in Thailand is fish and finger pie available from the nearest bar or massage place. I keep coming back for it and it is not fattening.

I Second that...Jakarta KFC is horrible, The Colonel should get his arse over there and see how his product is trashed