Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Have been here quite a few times myself while on holidays over the years and not a bad report so far, good food and good service.

We'll arrange a stop there in August Evil. Been past and looked before but never stopped. Central just over the road always beckons with its A/C......

Got an appetite now....

Andy & Flo

I liked the fact that they distinguish between crab and prawn from the sea and freshwater stuff.

Seem to get the more bland freshwater stuff in many places.

And grouper is a reasonable priced, surprisingly less than white snapper, I have found it to have got more expensive over the last year or so in my regular places.

Did you try the Tom Yam Kung/Talay? I have always felt a place that gets the mix of sweet/sour/spicy just right to be a great indicator.

• 1 year later...

Just a brief update on J Daeng, A friend and I had supper there a few nights ago before hitting the bars on LK Metro. J Deng is mostly noted or seafood, grilled seafood in particular, but we weren't looking for a seafood feast. We just wanted a quick meal to cushion our stomachs against the coming onslaught of alcohol.

He's a big fan of salmon steak and remembered it being good at J. Daeng. I decided to go with several standard Thai dishes.

I had green curry with shrimp:

IMG_7830.jpg

Sweet and sour pork:

IMG_7831.jpg

Fried rice with salty fish:

IMG_7833.jpg

IMG_7832.jpg

My friend had a garden salad:

IMG_7837.jpg

IMG_7838.jpg

followed by salmon steak and French fries:

IMG_7828.jpg

IMG_7829.jpg

IMG_7839.jpg

IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7840.jpg

He was well pleased with his meal. The salad cost 80 baht, the salmon 240 baht. My shrimp curry was 120 baht for a small portion (you can order small, medium or large), same price for a small portion of the sweet and sour pork. The fried rice was 80 baht. All the dishes I ordered tasted fine.

We sat down at 8 pm and the place was packed. We got the only two seats available at a small table at the very front of the restaurant. The other guests looked to be Russians, Thais and other Asians mostly eating seafood.

In short, J Daeng remains a solid if unspectacular restaurant in central Pattaya,

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 2