Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Apart from Pattaya, where would you choose to live ...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go NKPed:-    

I would not live in Pattaya now, stayed there in the early eighties, doesn't hold much attraction for me nowadays, only visit occasionally to see friends and old neighbours. Stay one to two days max n

You're welcome! I'll also let you know when you become good at it.

Posted Images

I love the countryside so where i live Sai Yok, Kanchanaburi District ticks all the boxes, beautiful, peace and quiet, if we feel like a night out 45 minutes drive into Kanchanaburi, border with Myanmar has now opened though i have not tried it yet. Only down side is hospitals, hope i never have a serious medical problem. Can't think of anywhere else i'd rather live.

• Upvote 2

I would live in Chiang Mai, it is cooler, pretty and very relaxed.

Just spent 2 days up in Chiang Mai and I don't think I'd want to live there...... the traffic was nearly as bad as Bangkok. But I did enjoy driving the twisty road between Den Chai and Lampang, and the hillclimb up to Doi Suthep from Chaing Mai.

Got to be Stoke for me

Stoke...don't be silly ducky..Nottingham has much better nightlife...but not as good as Pattaya.

Seriously Hua Hin has enough of everything to be my 2nd choice due to its proximity to Bangkok.

There are much nicer places like Phi Phi, Koh Chang, Samui and Krabi, but another flight and hours in boat and taxi would be too much.

I would never want to live in Pattaya ,I dont think a nice place for children or if you are in a relationship.

I do like living in Khon Kaen ,but a little too hot in summer months ,I do miss the breeze coming off the sea ,so maybe thinking about hua hin when daughter is ready to change to senior school in 3 years

Tahiti, if I could afford it.

indeed or some other similar island in that vast oceanic region or whatever it's called

No One mentions anything south of rayong on the eastern shore, any particular reason for that?

Edited by aras

no need drink and drive, ican go from stoke to notts on a barge lol

Stoke...don't be silly ducky..Nottingham has much better nightlife...but not as good as Pattaya.

Seriously Hua Hin has enough of everything to be my 2nd choice due to its proximity to Bangkok.

There are much nicer places like Phi Phi, Koh Chang, Samui and Krabi, but another flight and hours in boat and taxi would be too much.

indeed or some other similar island in that vast oceanic region or whatever it's called

No One mentions anything south of rayong on the eastern shore, any particular reason for that?

Ban Chang, Ban Phe and Mae Phim have some lovely beaches down there but too quiet for me ...you would also have to speak decent Thai or take a friend!

Koh Samet is for families. Koh Chang is a better choice..it has more action...but again another hour on a boat.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats fucking beautiful. Im going to have to make a pit stop there sometime on one of my yearly trips.

If you have the opportunity, go for Loy Kratong.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have the opportunity, go for Loy Kratong.

I avoid Thailand at all costs for Loy Krathong. Last time I was around during it, I took off and went to Cambodia and Vietnam for a couple of weeks. Aggressive tourists ruin the experience of Loy Krathong and what it is all about.

I avoid Thailand at all costs for Loy Krathong. Last time I was around during it, I took off and went to Cambodia and Vietnam for a couple of weeks. Aggressive tourists ruin the experience of Loy Krathong and what it is all about.

Can someone tell him. :ninja:

• Upvote 2

Have just returned from a stay at Hua Hin - - Pattaya , take note , the soi's of Hua Hin were clean , the girls more friendly , prices lower - It would be a great place to live

Edited by ozibill
  • Upvote 1

Have just returned from a stay at Hua Hin - - Pattaya , take note , the soi's of Hua Hin were clean , the girls more friendly , prices lower - It would be a great place to live

It's not so long ago they said the same about Jomtien. That said, I think that you could find some good value rentals for a few of years just to see how the place develops. I'd also have a look at places a bit further south ... around Chumphon seems a good bet for the future.

Edited by CheshireTom

You maybe thinking of Songkan but both festivals would be a lot different in a country area.

I am suprised you didn't , seeing that you enjoy inputting your " Expert " knowledge in most of the postings.....!

I would have, but I find him to be a bit of a troll. A bit like your good self. :thumbup

• Upvote 2

I have never been called a troll before , thanks for the compliment...... :thumbup

You're welcome! I'll also let you know when you become good at it. :thumbup

Edited by CheshireTom
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...