Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Staying here in the new year with the family. First time, usually stay in Areca but do not want to chance it with the building work and I got a really good deal through this site.

Couple of Q's as have driven past it loads of times going to Jomtien but I am unfamiliar with the area.

1 ) Will do a large grocery shop when we get here, is the Big C and Tesco Sukhumvit the best option. ?

2 ) Is there anywhere nearby to have breakfast, do not really want to go into town and Hotel breakfasts are not usually the best value

3 ) Are there any decent bars (of any kind) nearby, we will go into town of an evening, its just nice if there are good bars if we have been the beach etc.

4 ) Is Pattaya Park walkable from here, (good value and daughter loves it) Google Maps suggests it is, or are we best getting the Baht Bus to Jomtien and walking along the seafront.

Thank in advance

Martin

Staying here in the new year with the family. First time, usually stay in Areca but do not want to chance it with the building work and I got a really good deal through this site.

Couple of Q's as have driven past it loads of times going to Jomtien but I am unfamiliar with the area.

1 ) Will do a large grocery shop when we get here, is the Big C and Tesco Sukhumvit the best option. ?

2 ) Is there anywhere nearby to have breakfast, do not really want to go into town and Hotel breakfasts are not usually the best value

3 ) Are there any decent bars (of any kind) nearby, we will go into town of an evening, its just nice if there are good bars if we have been the beach etc.

4 ) Is Pattaya Park walkable from here, (good value and daughter loves it) Google Maps suggests it is, or are we best getting the Baht Bus to Jomtien and walking along the seafront.

Thank in advance

Martin

1. Yes. But there is a family mart right across the road. Smaller selction but not much higher prices

2. Ther are a few restarants near but not much choices. Hitel doe have a breakfast that isnt too bad. Baht bus route to town is easy. But hRder to get back since you usally have to catc at south pattya road. Walking , especially during peak trafiic at 4- 19 om is fast.

3. Not much near. Baht bus to Jomtien or town is best option

4. Pattaya park is walkable but uphill so maybe not the best for a family. Baht bus up the hill and then walk is doable. Not too hot now.

I am staying there right now.

The family mart opposite is fine for single items. tesco lotus is two songthaw rides away for big things.

At 7pm it is quicker to walk to walking street than using a baht bus.

Downside from my expert cook viewpoint is that there is no microwave in the suite.

Not a bad place to stay. Breakfast in hotel lacks selection but cost only 161 baht and is good.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.

There used to be "Formula One" cafe over the road, not sure if it's still there, as I haven't been for a couple of years, but if so, it was ok for a breakfast.

In the R.G itself the breakfast menu, I think, still finishes sometime mid/late morning, then its on to the menu proper. Certainly agree about the walk to Walking street. That works up a nice thirst :smile:

There used to be "Formula One" cafe over the road, not sure if it's still there, as I haven't been for a couple of years, but if so, it was ok for a breakfast.

In the R.G itself the breakfast menu, I think, still finishes sometime mid/late morning, then its on to the menu proper. Certainly agree about the walk to Walking street. That works up a nice thirst :smile:

If you are packing kids the logistics of getting to and from the RG would be too much for me. Frankly, not sure why anyone would bring kids to Pattaya unless you were going to stay in one of the big resorts at the north end of Pattaya.

You might want to consider the Hilton since it is part of the shopping mall.

Daughter is 11 and this will be her 4th visit so no issues with baht buses etc. Responding to the comments around children and Pattaya we go here or Miami every winter and we all enjoy Pattaya a lot more the people are more friendly and more to do and much better value . we just dont like the flight.

I personally could not think of anything worse then staying in a resort complex in the North of the city.

For those there now what are the prices like in the RG?. We usualy stay in the areca and the food and bar prices are very good just a shame thete is building work

I would

Daughter is 11 and this will be her 4th visit so no issues with baht buses etc. Responding to the comments around children and Pattaya we go here or Miami every winter and we all enjoy Pattaya a lot more the people are more friendly and more to do and much better value . we just dont like the flight.

I personally could not think of anything worse then staying in a resort complex in the North of the city.

For those there now what are the prices like in the RG?. We usualy stay in the areca and the food and bar prices are very good just a shame there is building work

1. Up the hill 5 minutes by Baht bus is a good grocery store in the same shopping plaza as the Rose massage place and the bus to BKK airport. Across from Pan Pan. You can't miss it. Good liquor selection, cider and such, and they sell Pepsi Max which Family mart does not.

2. The RG hotel breakfast is not badly priced. I have the continental which is lots anyway for around $3.

3. They have a bar (now) as part of the redesigned restaurant. I don't drink much , but about the neighbourhood there is not a lot. Up the hill there is one at the top that looks promising, a smaller one a couple blocks on the same side. There are quite a few smaller bars and restaurants up the hill on the same side.

4. I would say it is not close enough at all to walk.

I walked from RG to Pattaya Park. The Thai lady I was with thought I was nuts. Took maybe 25 minutes. But I walk to Soi 6 from there as well.

I do the same. Walked in jomtien yesterday as well. pavements are a bit bad again though as some utility has dug bloody great holes every 30 metres or so and has left disturbed uneven paving slabs between.

When I was at the RG last Feb there is a little place on the Family Mart side of the road that had a good breakfast called Rita's and there was another place in the Mr. Mac hotel right beside the RG. Both places have been there for years, but I thought the food was better at Rita's.

When I was at the RG last Feb there is a little place on the Family Mart side of the road that had a good breakfast called Rita's and there was another place in the Mr. Mac hotel right beside the RG. Both places have been there for years, but I thought the food was better at Rita's.

It's name is Nitra 150 metres up hill on right

My last stay in Pattaya, I made a special trip to RG to eat their breakfast. Excellent bacon and home fried potatoes. Coffee is nice as well. They did screw up my eggs, though. It was the first time in about a dozen meals so I'd still go back.

R.G is a great place to stay.On the same side of the rd as the hotel about a 5 minute walk up hill there is a nice small restaurant it's bright blue and white can't remember the name.English breakfast 99 baht.Nitra whilst not the smartest place does very nice food.The park is too far to walk.

Whilst I acknowledge there are numerous places to eat/breakfast in the vicinity I have always found that the ten minute walk up the road to "Seafresh"

http://www.seafreshpattaya.com/ was well worth it. Ate there on many occasions last trip. Was always given a warm welcome and the food was always freshly cooked and of good quality.I looked upon the walk as part of a daily exercise/constitutional.This place is also "family friendly", clean and efficiently run. I see their website now advertises a home delivery option. Ideal for R.G residents.

SEAFRESH001.jpg

Edited by N3RGT
  • Upvote 1

I forgot how easy it is to get food delivered in Pattaya.

1. Door2Door - Food Delivery Service since 2003 - HOME

www.door2doorpattaya.com/‎

2. HOME - Waiter On Wheels - Great Restaurants In Pattaya Delivered ...
    www.wowpattaya.com/‎

3. Order from 39 restaurants in Pattaya | foodpanda.co.th
    www.foodpanda.co.th/restaurants/index/city/pattaya

Edited by short

I have not stayed at RG for several years now. Being an early riser I always enjoyed having breakfast by the pool. The food was so good and reasonably priced, additionally the warm morning sun/pool ambience made it not worth the hassle leaving the hotel for brekkie.

Thank in advance

Martin

Foodmart is about a km or 2 away on the baht bus route and sell most things (pattaya park on the same route.)

Walking st area etc is only 10 min walk for all the bars or there is one just up the hill on the left (not family though really), also Jomtien new plaza although never been there.

Breakfast there is ok. think theres a place opposite also.

I am staying there right now.

The family mart opposite is fine for single items. tesco lotus is two songthaw rides away for big things.

At 7pm it is quicker to walk to walking street than using a baht bus.

Downside from my expert cook viewpoint is that there is no microwave in the suite.

Not a bad place to stay. Breakfast in hotel lacks selection but cost only 161 baht and is good.

Pretty sure you can have a microwave if you ask.

If you are packing kids the logistics of getting to and from the RG would be too much for me. Frankly, not sure why anyone would bring kids to Pattaya unless you were going to stay in one of the big resorts at the north end of Pattaya.

You might want to consider the Hilton since it is part of the shopping mall.

The Hilton! Don't think the prices will be similar.

There is a bar called Soho just past mr. macs.

The Formula one place mentioned I this is called Altos although I prefer Nitra.

The Foodmart is the place mentioned at the bus station opposite Pan Pan.

I've always enjoyed the RG and for the price you get a separate bedroom rather than a standard hotel room.

Please note that in order to get the best price you must book through to your pattayapages website in advance. Doing this, it cost me 1500 bath per night.

As a walk in I was charged 2200 baht for a night.

None of the Internet booking sites could match the flb pattayapages website.

• Upvote 1