Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Urgent Need Helpppppppp

My brother in law has a time share and he and my sister love it. He admits that with all the yearly fees that he could rent a decent hotel room but he says that he is assured of a very nice place and no hassles. It's not a scheme for Cheap Charlies because you will not save any money. I should add that he is a chemical engineer for BP and is quite well off. He says his time share company is a good one with properties all over the world. A couple years ago they stayed at one in Phuket.

Porkies come to mind. I'm sure most love their 30 k car that they could've gotten for 25 grand. Then again, does someone willingly admit that they got snookered?

• Downvote 1

Fair play and nice one to 4niceight, picking up 7k baht for an hour and a half is a nice touch. Can't blame people for being skeptical though, especially in LOS and even more so in Pattaya (which, let's face it is scam central).

Steamer, it's not something people boast about I guess, but if you want to hear how I was conned out of a few grand, I'll tell you, and I expect several more here will sympathise / identify with my situation.

I took out an endowment policy in the early 90's and paid an interest only mortgage, the plan being the endowment (£55 pcm) will mature in 2016 giving me enough to pay my mortgage off and leaving me a nice lump sum to retire on.

The mortgage was for £42k, the projected endowment value was £65k or something like that. The reality is that although the mortgage was paid off long ago, I (foolishly) kept the endowment going, so next year I should be in for a nice £65k sterling right?. wrong, try £17k sterling. 1 k interest in 25 years. fanfuckingtastic. Meanwhile the cunt of a financial advisor has been creaming off his commission all this time.

That's how I got well and truly stiffed. £55 pcm for 25 years even in a regular high interest account on the high street would have got me more.

I did refer it to the financial ombudsman a few years ago when I had the chance, the best offer the company would come up with was £500 compensation plus my payments back with the interest accrued. I just decided to keep it going as a savings plan.

Anyway, I've decided with the 17k I get I'm going to stick it in an ISA and enjoy some tax free but pitiful interest.

But what did you have to sign up for....( Nobody gives away free money )......... :whistling:

There are legitimate researchers who pay stipends. I do have to admit to being a little surprised at the amount.

Although I get the feeling this is genuine…...

My worry would be……..that intermingled with an hour and a half of mostly innocent chit chat…….Details such as DOB, passport number, visa and bank accounts……could be given and possibly used in some way. Or sold on to third parties that specialize in creating 'false' identities.

This of course could just be my own paranoia.

But I wonder were you asked for personal details……?

If not I'll give them a ring...

I was asked to take along a photocopy of my passport photo page and a photocopy of my visa extension. They checked those on arrival at the hotel reception to verify my age and retirement status, and before going into the interview. If anybody wants to call the lady (Mo), she does want some more retirees from US or GB for two more sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday this next week.

Edited by 4niceight

I was asked to take along a photocopy of my passport photo page and a photocopy of my visa extension. They checked those on arrival at the hotel reception to verify my age and retirement status, and before going into the interview. If anybody wants to call the lady (Mo), she does want some more retirees from US or GB for two more sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday this next week.

Plenty of said retirees in Pattaya that could use a bit of extra drinking money.......... :D

Did they just look at them or did they keep a copy or write down personal information regarding your identity?

Our attendee seems to be economical with the details of what was asked of him, and what personal details were taken and recorded.

Offering 7000 baht, or rather actually giving it out, is rather an expensive gesture. Many attendees of the 2 Expat clubs in town would fulfil the requirements and do it for less. By offering this relatively attractive amount surely they are reducing their sample size.

Forgive me being a bit economical with details. I do so because 1) the OP will possibly be monitoring this thread, and I know she needs more applicants, and 2) there are just too many BM naysayers who are only interested in asking questions so they can dig their nasty little teeth in for their own small minded entertainment, and to show how clever they think they are. Atlas2 knows me well and he'll be the first to tell you that I'm intelligent enough and savvy enough not to be taken advantage of. For the record again, I was never asked for details of my bank accounts, address, or any other info that they could have used to dupe me. I'm also able to edit pdf files, and print off the resulting amended document, if you understand how that could help in this instance.(see post #31).

Now that's all said, I'm p'd off with some of the posters here. If you want more info just phone the OP and get an appointment for Tuesday or Wednesday, then you'll get to know and maybe get a little richer. I've got 7,000 baht in my bin and am chuckling to myself! Over and out!

Edited by 4niceight
  • Upvote 2

Dear All Retirees US & British Citizens,

My name is Patcharee, working in Ipsos Ltd.Market Research Company based in Bangkok. Now We are interested in conducting a study on foreign retirees' s life in Thailand. The specific target group is US & British citizens who retired and live in Thailand at least 1 year. They are 56-70 years old.

The discussion will take around 1.5 hours at Hotel Baraquda near The Avenue on Pattaya Sai 2 as schedule following:-

Thursday 13 November 2014 Time 13:00-14.30 = 1 person

Time 15:30-16:30 = 1 person

The topic are concerning your towards life and lifestyle, Consumer Financial Management and consumer banking insights study.

After finishing the discussion, You will get the incentive by cash amount 7,000 THB.

Please urgent contact to my mobile 086-4790667, Line ID: mobluehouse.

Warm regards,

Patcharee (Mo)

Thanks all for interested

Now we need require for 3 US (for UK we 're completed)

the schedule following :

Tue 15.00-16.30

Wed 10.00-11.30 , 13.00-14.30

if u need more information Please contact to my mobile 086-4790667, Line ID: mobluehouse.

Thank you

Mo.

• Upvote 1