Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Nice Plahgat! People should know that although the monitors are carnivorous and look menacing, they do their best to avoid human beings. So don't be afraid to enter the park! LOL

Yes, it is a very good video. But I'm not so sure about their avoiding human beings. Specifically, small children / toddlers.

Nice Plahgat! People should know that although the monitors are carnivorous and look menacing, they do their best to avoid human beings. So don't be afraid to enter the park! LOL

Seen them on the roads out towards Bang Chang on bike rides, there is a nature reserve out there with warnings,,,, saw a big old boy one day wandering over road..

Water monitors are mainly scavengers that will eat dead carcasses and eggs, and apart from catching a wounded fish or some nestling baby bird now and then I doubt they would attack any healthy live big animals!

But if you leave a baby on the ground near to one of the canals were they live, if they got the opportunity they would probably grab it!

That said I've never heard any stories about water monitors chasing and hunting for humans, quite the opposite they will run away as soon as they see you!

Don't confuse them with crocodiles ... because that's another story! :whistling:

Plahgat