Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Where in Pattaya can I buy a cheap hand blender ?

I have looked at Friendship and Big C on Pattaya Tai and in Home Works.

All 3 shops have a simple cheap blender at 600 - 800 baht - but only Home Works (next to Big C) has a hand blender - and only one fancy model at 4000 baht.

What I am looking for is something similar to the cheap (probably Chinese made) 500 baht hand blender I was planning to bring from home - but forgot.

Thanks - I will give that a shot :-)

Edit - I checked PowerBuy at Central - and they did not have one. The nice woman there would order one in if I tell her the brand and model.

Edited by Odense

Thanks Gary - I just ordered one from Lazada.

I've always been leery of having things shipped to me from out of country.

Are you having it shipped to Thailand or your country?

If Thailand, can you let us know when it arrives (how long the shipment took that is)?

Shipped to Pattaya - at home I have a Bamix AND a cheap hand blender I meant to bring along.

I will tell you when I (hopefully) get it.

• Upvote 1

There were some "normal" blenders including one with some similarity to a hand blender. But both the staff there and I was in agreement they did not have any.

Edited by Odense

If Thailand, can you let us know when it arrives (how long the shipment took that is)?

I have had a hit and miss record having stuff shipped into Thailand using both Ebay and Ali Express. Out of 5 items last year, 3 arrived fine, (UK and China origin) and one caused me a lot of aggravation and seemed to vanish or was turned back in Bangkok. Another box was sitting in the Naklua post office and the postman lied that he tried to deliver and left a note in the box. ( I went and got it). Things took 10-15 days. Rather poor odds of getting stuff. Lazada use COD which might work better.

Edited by jacko

I have had a hit and miss record having stuff shipped into Thailand using both Ebay and Ali Express. Out of 5 items last year, 3 arrived fine, (UK and China origin) and one caused me a lot of aggravation and seemed to vanish or was turned back in Bangkok. Another box was sitting in the Naklua post office and the postman lied that he tried to deliver and left a note in the box. ( I went and got it). Things took 10-15 days. Rather poor odds of getting stuff. Lazada use COD which might work better.

I have ordered three different items from Lazada. All three were shipped via Kerry logistics. Two came in three days and one took four days. The items were well packed and all three came with free shipping. All three were small electronic items.

Since I got screwed by AliExpress, I have cancelled my membership. Most of the AliExpress sellers are fine but if you ever need after sales service, as in a guarantee, forget it. I have a Samsung S4 in a drawer that is just junk. That seller, Hongkong Hi5 mobile, now denies ever even selling me the phone and they refuse to answer emails or messages. AliExpress would do nothing to help me. I should add that Hi5 Mobile is a preferred AliExpress seller.

As far as eBay and Amazon, the shipping costs are ridiculous and very often, Thai customs gets a big divvy too.

I thought Lazada was in Thailand ?

It is - and in the Philippines and maybe other Asian countries. But speed of delivery depends on if the item is in their stock or not. In this case it was not so it takes longer.

I did not spot that - but it was clear in the order confirmation.

I have ordered three different items from Lazada. All three were shipped via Kerry logistics. Two came in three days and one took four days. The items were well packed and all three came with free shipping. All three were small electronic items.

Since I got screwed by AliExpress, I have cancelled my membership. Most of the AliExpress sellers are fine but if you ever need after sales service, as in a guarantee, forget it. I have a Samsung S4 in a drawer that is just junk. That seller, Hongkong Hi5 mobile, now denies ever even selling me the phone and they refuse to answer emails or messages. AliExpress would do nothing to help me. I should add that Hi5 Mobile is a preferred AliExpress seller.

As far as eBay and Amazon, the shipping costs are ridiculous and very often, Thai customs gets a big divvy too.

I got a refund to my CC wrt my missing China item, using a dispute with Ali Express... dealing with the Chinese guy was a pain, language barriers and he seemed to think I should close the dispute despite not having received the goods and he said he had sent them. I have used Ebay when the item originated from China and postage was free (small items) and once ex-UK on a must have item and paid about US$8-9 shipping.

Ive never had any issues with aliexpress.

All items have arrived and are as described (mostly motorbike parts).

I purchased my 3D printer from there and whilst it has had its moments the aftersales service has been great.... send em an email about the print nozzles clogging up and seemed like they were not getting hot enough... they DHL'd me a complete new print head set-up at no cost to me.

I flashed new firmware following their instructions and bricked the printer..... they DHL'd me out a new motherboard at no cost to me.

Had a random parcel delivered, was a new power supply for it... I emailed them and said I did not order this, was it for someone else, yep they replied they sent it to the wrong person but not to worry I can keep it and they will send the person another another one.

Edited by Fondles

My problem with AliExpress was after the dispute was cancelled, the seller forgot about me. AliExpress told me that I cancelled the dispute so they could do nothing. The phone was guaranteed for a year. Hongkong Hi5 Mobile refused to answer my messages so I disputed the charge with my credit card company. That got some action. Unfortunately after sending the phone back to them twice, I still had more problems within a couple of weeks of getting the phone back. It is a pain in the ass sending it back not to mention the expense. The guarantee runs out in June and now they say that I didn't buy the phone from them. I gave up and cancelled my membership. I should add that I have purchased more than fifty items from AliExpress and was quite happy with the products. Any problems or questions I had were promptly dealt with WITHOUT any dispute.

Looking at the the thread title I was reminded that in one of my prior lives, a non-electric rice cooker would have had long black hair and would have spoken fluent Korean.

Ah, the infamous "out for delivery"...and then nothing status.

Usually that means a trip to some post office.

Well - I am happy to say that the package with the hand blender was at the front desk and is now in my possession.

What recipee would you use for a mild mayonaisse (including which oil) and where would you buy the ingredients ?

I got a refund to my CC wrt my missing China item, using a dispute with Ali Express... dealing with the Chinese guy was a pain, language barriers and he seemed to think I should close the dispute despite not having received the goods and he said he had sent them. I have used Ebay when the item originated from China and postage was free (small items) and once ex-UK on a must have item and paid about US$8-9 shipping.

I ordered a spare part for a mobile from a guy that sells on ebay in the UK and received nothing after 2 weeks despite him claiming he had posted it and then claimed he posted out a replacement after I said the first one never arrived.... Lad went ballistic when I left him negative feedback and then resorted to trying to bribe me to remove the negative. Got a refund off paypal and ordered the part from Germany which came within 3 days.

Edited by TheFiend
  • Upvote 1

Ah, the infamous "out for delivery"...and then nothing status.

Usually that means a trip to some post office.

Well it had only been out 2 hours and one whole minute... still time yet!

Soi Sawang Fah!

Edited by jacko

Well it had only been out 2 hours and one whole minute... still time yet!

Soi Sawang Fah!

As I already posted - it is with me now - without any trips to the post office

Edited by Odense

As I already posted - it is with me now - without any trips to the post office

I think the post office trip is more likely if you live in a condo without an office person available to take delivery, or a house that they either can't find or need someone to receive the item.

I've made many trips to the various post offices which seem to be determined randomly, even with the same mailing address on the packages.

I ordered a coffee maker from Lazada on Sunday morning. It came today and everything was as ordered. The Kerry tracking website didn't work, it said no record of the number but my coffee maker came today so I guess I can't complain.

• Upvote 1