Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

just got back from a great evening at samran saisam . great atmosphere , good tasty food . very enjoyable night .

cerberus thank you for your hospitality it was a pleasure to meet you and your good lady .

your staff were a credit to you they looked after us so well .

recommended for sure GoldenSmile1.gif

• Upvote 1

This is a really good venue. We spent a few evenings there during our recent trip, the music is good, food is excellent and very cheap and it's a nice place to take the Mrs / gf / bar fine for an evening away from WS. It starts to get busy around 10:30 onwards, and really kicks from midnight. Staff are super attentive and Cerberus a friendly host, loads of parking available, and if you want to sit away from the band the seating towards the rear of the club is ideal.

It's located on 3rd road, I'll get a more accurate location and post it here. Well worth a visit guys, & the chicken wings are awesome.

• Upvote 1

Thank you both for your positive comments, the club belongs to my lass and opening it and now getting established has been a hard hill for her to climb. It has without a doubt been a massive learning curve but she has stuck with it and is getting there.

Mixxer it was great putting a face to a BM I had never met, thank you for your hospitality I enjoyed your company and apologise for having to leave prior to your own departure.

• Upvote 1

What type of music dies the house bands play ?

I have enjoyed spending time in "country pubs" in northern Thailand and Isaan and a similar place in Hua Hin.

Would sometimes enjoy that kind of place in Pattaya.

Posted from my mobile so I blame any spelling errors on that.

Edited by Odense

What type of music dies the house bands play ?

I have enjoyed spending time in "country pubs" in northern Thailand and Isaan and a similar place in Hua Hin.

Would sometimes enjoy that kind of place in Pattaya.

We have two live Thai bands, Ndoo and Samran and five singers, so its live music all night. Mainly Thai although we are auditioning new singers who can sing in English as well, its good to be able to mix and match. They also cut loose with shows as the night wears on.

There is a full kitchen till 2am and a lighter menu from 2am till closing.

Well - just like in any other country Thailand has many kinds of music.

I like modern Thai rock and some of the pop while I get enough of mor lam faster.

So it was not so much the language of the songs as the type of the music I was curious about. But I will probably visit anyway next time I have the chance to see for myself.

Do any baht bus routes run past this location? In my mind it's "no", but happy to be corrected. Will be with Flo and she's anti-moto taxis.

AC

Edited by capdagde

Do any baht bus routes run past this location? In my mind it's "no", but happy to be corrected. Will be with Flo and she's anti-moto taxis.

AC

Baht buses do run along third road but not in the numbers you see on 2nd and beach road.

Thanks Cerberus, I think we once waited for ages on 3rd Road then gave up. Good to know. Not there until August, but will stop by for an ordinary night-out with eats. I take it it's not PforP, barfines etc(?). Any menus to have a look at or links thereto? Maybe nice to come to with one of our LT ladies.....

Good luck to Mrs C with her venture.

Andy Cap

Thanks Cerberus, I think we once waited for ages on 3rd Road then gave up. Good to know. Not there until August, but will stop by for an ordinary night-out with eats. I take it it's not PforP, barfines etc(?). Any menus to have a look at or links thereto? Maybe nice to come to with one of our LT ladies.....

Good luck to Mrs C with her venture.

Andy Cap

Hi mate,

Not its not a P4P venue, full restaurant with live music. I will try and get the menu up this weekend, any Thai girls will love it. if you are having a problem getting to us stop by the Den and David or one of our security will sort it for you. The same at Samran end just ask me, the lass or one of the security and they will sort transport.

Hi mate,

Not its not a P4P venue, full restaurant with live music. I will try and get the menu up this weekend, any Thai girls will love it. if you are having a problem getting to us stop by the Den and David or one of our security will sort it for you. The same at Samran end just ask me, the lass or one of the security and they will sort transport.

Excellent solution. Looking forward to seeing the menu :thumbup

if you are having a problem getting to us stop by the Den and David or one of our security will sort it for you. The same at Samran end just ask me, the lass or one of the security and they will sort transport.

A small group of us, maybe 4-5 people, plan on visiting this weekend. Would it be possible for you to post the name of the restaurant and its address in Thai characters? That makes it a lot eaaier to deal with moto- and taxi drivers, Many thanks!

Evil

:devil

A small group of us, maybe 4-5 people, plan on visiting this weekend. Would it be possible for you to post the name of the restaurant and its address in Thai characters? That makes it a lot eaaier to deal with moto- and taxi drivers, Many thanks!

Evil

Hi EP. I trust this will serve, if not give me a call and I will chat with the taxi driver.

Samran Saisam สำราญ สายสามpattaya

https://www.facebook.com/samran.live.music.and.restaurant/photos/a.108936799441294.1073741828.108908152777492/108944782773829/?type=3

post-13086-0-83212800-1452684647_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cerberus
  • 1 month later...

An Evil review comming soon :-)

I had a change of plans in January, but I finally made it to Samran Saisam last night. As others have said, the bottom line is very good food at a reasonable price.

IMG_0266.jpg

I had two Thai ladies with me and we got to Samran about 7.45 p.m. The trip from the Avenue in a chartered baht bus took longer than I had expected due to heavy traffic along 2nd Road, Pattaya Klang and 3rd Road. Cerberus was on hand to greet us warmly when we arrived. He was having dinner with another well-known Pattaya bar owner.

IMG_0267.jpg

My Source Coyote has been sharing meals with me since 2012 and I always leave it to her to order. She favors seafood and shrimp in particular.

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

I'm a big fan of hot and sour seafood soup (tom yum talay) and so is MSC.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Several more shrimp dishes:

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0286A.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Both of us are also fans of salmon sashimi:

Untitled-4.jpg

My contribution to the meal was the Thai-style fried chicken:

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

That's quite a bit of food but the three of us were hungry and did justice to it. The total bill was 1,621 baht, with about 1,350 baht for the food and the rest for beverages. I had a large bottle of Singha at 130 baht and ladies had soft drinks and water.

As several other BMs wrote, Samran Saisam is a great place to take Thai girls. Should you ever need a restaurant in which to entertain the parents or family of a Thai wife, this would be a great choice. Thai guests will love the food and attentive service in the traditional Thai style. If you're tired of the indifferent or even rude service in farang-oriented restaurants, try Samran Saisam for something very different.

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0295A.jpg

We got to Samran Saisam early in the evening, well before the live music started and other guests arrived. I imagine arriving anytime after 9.00 p.m. would allow you the full experience of food and music Thai-style.

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

All things considered, Samran Saisam gets a big 8TG6GxeGc.jpg from me.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for dropping by EPE, my but my heart did a flutter when I saw you turn up with your food tasting entourage :uh-uh: My apologies for not spending more time at your table but as you say I was otherwise engaged, the lass turned up 5 minutes after you had departed and guessed the minute I gave her the small present you left. She was sad to have missed you.

I have to say we have rarely seen so much food delivered to one table but you were a group of trenchermen and did it justice.

If out and looking for somewhere to take a lady friend again, do drop by and we can join you and catch up on old times.

Edited by Cerberus
  • Upvote 2

Great pics Evil and a great review. Shame Samran doesn't do a take away service for delivery to the UK. I miss those chicken wings man...

Cerberus, the change of decor is looking good, Mrs Butch sends her regards and still misses her new friend Jack.

Hey Butch you can tell her we have not taken him out since she left as we are in mourning just waiting her return with Izzy in tow, (your presence is optional ) Yes we are pleased with the temple effect and it changes with the different light. Right now we are working on a photo backdrop of London.

Edited by Cerberus
  • Upvote 1

Hey Butch you can tell her we have not taken him out since she left as we are in mourning just waiting her return with Izzy in tow, (your presence is optional ) Yes we are pleased with the temple effect and it changes with the different light. Right now we are working on a photo backdrop of London.

Hey! Whaddya mean "optional"? bollocks, I'll never dirink one of your free, gratis , ice cold , delicious Hoegaardens again....perhaps.

Anyway, chaps, Samran has a youtube channel in case you weren't aware, showing everything from the cooking to the bands, worth subscribing to for the latest news etc. There's even Cerberus there with his pinny on*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PPAVWJVufc

*this is total bollocks, he doesn't wear an apron unless he's hosting his pottery class which is every 29th of November .

Edited by Butch

Good looking fare! I wimp out on the raw shrimp though! Have tried it, but it just doesn't "agree" with my retch impulses, for some unfathomable reason!