Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 254 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Where is good Dimsum...

I go to MK Restaurant when I want dim sum, roast duck, or wonton soup but I don't care for chicken feet.

https://www.mkrestaurant.com/en/menu

Here's a review from Evil Penevil

http://www.pattayatalk.com/forums/topic/61547-mk-restaurant-central-festival/

Edited by RhinoTusk

If it is authentic Chinese dim sum, rather than the more inferior (IMHO), but cheaper Thai Chinese version that you are after; then I have always found the Marco Polo restaurant at the Montien hotel to be the best. Don't forget to visit the ATM first though. :lol:

I tried one of those largish looking places on North Road that seems to almost exclusively deal with bussed in Asian tourists, and was put off from ever visiting one of them again! It was awful, :puke: and relatively expensive too.

A fellow "foodie" recommended avoiding the place in Central Festival (Canton or similar name), and I have not tried it, but they do offer a dim sum menu.

Really good "authentic" Chinese food is surprisingly rare in Pattaya, and I'm not sure as to whether you would appreciate the "Anglo" versions that are also available, being a colonial! :P They don't really deal with Dim Sum as such though!

Edit in; Just remembered the Montien changed name to the Imperial last year, The various restaurants are still within though.

Edited by Fatboyfat

^^^^ This

If your palate has been spoiled with real Dim Sum (like from some of the best places in Guangzhou) then there's nothing in Thailand that comes close.

There's one or two tolerable places in Yarowat

But

None in Pattaya

If your palate has been spoiled with real Dim Sum (like from some of the best places in Guangzhou) then there's nothing in Thailand that comes close.

There's one or two tolerable places in Yarowat

But

None in Pattaya

Yup, dim sum is the kind of food you might as well skip in Pattaya because it will never be really good.

Evil

:devil

If it is authentic Chinese dim sum, rather than the more inferior (IMHO), but cheaper Thai Chinese version that you are after; then I have always found the Marco Polo restaurant at the Montien hotel to be the best. Don't forget to visit the ATM first though. :lol:

I tried one of those largish looking places on North Road that seems to almost exclusively deal with bussed in Asian tourists, and was put off from ever visiting one of them again! It was awful, :puke: and relatively expensive too.

A fellow "foodie" recommended avoiding the place in Central Festival (Canton or similar name), and I have not tried it, but they do offer a dim sum menu.

Really good "authentic" Chinese food is surprisingly rare in Pattaya, and I'm not sure as to whether you would appreciate the "Anglo" versions that are also available, being a colonial! :P They don't really deal with Dim Sum as such though!

Edit in; Just remembered the Montien changed name to the Imperial last year, The various restaurants are still within though.

I thought the Montien had been sold and is now the Imperial....oops, should have read your full post!!

Edited by jacko

Pattaya... none... some place make a decent dumpling... but in general Pattaya is lacking...

However: go to BKK...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d2184082-Reviews-Din_Tai_Fung-Bangkok.html

I wondered about this place as they always seemed to have lots of customers.

Being a Dim Sum lover myself i can honestly tell you that there are no places that i have been to in Patts that serve authentic Dim Sum , however if you ever find yourself in Hua Hin on a sunday go to the hilton hotel , they serve really good authentic dim sum in their top floor restaurant which is overlooking Hua Hin bay and is open plan to let the sea breeze in and is a really nice place to eat in , i was last there about 6 months ago and the price was about 6oo B per person but you can eat as much as you like for that set price which makes it a really good deal....... :thumbup