Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

So's Place on Soi 15 Behind The Avenue

Nice to see So's Place has expanded. We ate there a few times last trip (2016) and found the price/quality excellent. We appreciated the small portions as we are not big eaters.

Andy Cap & Flo

Thanks for the review Evil. This is my sort of place where the cooking is personal and seems that the food looks authentic. I have been using places like this but the last two shut their doors and this looks like a good replacement. I also find that Thai girls are happy in unpretentious places like this and prefer the home made version to the restaurant sort.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did try the chicken with cashews and it was very good! However, So's is closed Friday and Saturday due to the Buddha days.

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 2

Thanks, Evil. Been wondering about So's since I pass by fairly often. Have you tried any of the food stalls on the ground floor of The Avenue? A walk through there is always greeted with very tempting smells coming from the eateries.

I did try the chicken with cashews and it was very good! However, So's os closed Friday and Saturday due to the Buddha days.

Evil

:devil

Looked to be closed yesterday (Sunday) too. Missed some good days for business.

Have you tried any of the food stalls on the ground floor of The Avenue? A walk through there is always greeted with very tempting smells coming from the eateries.

I ate regularly at several of those during my last stay a few months ago. Many seemed to offer the same, so it was a case (for me anyway ) of finding one I liked and sticking with them. 50b gave me a plate of something with rice (chicken in various forms, pork, and sauce) or a noodle soup. Almost miss my daily feed there most about my trip...

Thanks, Evil. Been wondering about So's since I pass by fairly often. Have you tried any of the food stalls on the ground floor of The Avenue? A walk through there is always greeted with very tempting smells coming from the eateries.

The eateries and other stalls in the back covered section have been cleared out. It's empty now. The front open-air section beside the fountain still has food stalls and tables for sit-down dining. I haven't tried it yet.

Another good meal at So's. I was hungry last night, so I had a big bowl of pork noodle soup for 80 baht:

IMG_0150.jpg.364c2502260e6eb4fb08f9927c0

followed by garlic fried spare ribs at 145 baht. The ribs were meaty and tender, while the sliced garlic had been fried crispy without any burning. With rice and a bottle of water, the meal cost 280 baht in all.

IMG_0354.jpg.c5f2f2a11d91a57b69ef1fb37bc

IMG_0355.jpg.1fb8f0c4fa801f968d23f29a6b7

IMG_0358.jpg.8751cacc4e017fd8d1322acd0a4

IMG_0360.jpg.601047c05097ff941016730b469

Evil

I was shocked yesterday to see all the food stalls gone. After looking around I saw a small sign on the escalator noting that the stalls had been moved upstairs. That space is much more cramped, hot, and uncomfortable; there was often a very nice breeze passing through the ground floor location that made eating there more attractive. What this is all about I have no clue; remodel, space for new business, city regulations run amok?? If anyone has a clue would love to know. Pattaya seems to be engaged in a battle not only with beach road ladies but also food vendors---making Pattaya safe for the Chinese...

Tried So's twice---was good and will be making it a regular stop.

I was shocked yesterday to see all the food stalls gone. After looking around I saw a small sign on the escalator noting that the stalls had been moved upstairs.

Yes, the back section of the ground floor of The Avenue has been cleared. Tonight a six-member crew was washing it down.

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

The front bottom section still has food stalls, plus more tables and chairs:

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0020a.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

A new eating section has opened on the second floor:

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

A Thai man was celebrating his birthday with his wife and a friend. He asked me to take pics. I will email him a copy of them.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Apologies for the -1 red, fat finger syndrome on my iPad trying to give you a green.

Regards

Evened it up for ya!

The birthday boy is hubby of the lady who cooked my lunch most days last trip. Hardly any English between them, but I never went hungry, got credit from them various times when I only had a 1000 note, and was used as a guinea pig for a few new dishes they produced.

Really miss my 50b cow man gai!

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...