Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those that might be interested in how effective air purifiers are, here's a mini review of the Sharp FP-F3061-C that I've been using in my home office for a little over four years now. What prompt

Considerably better air quality in Pattaya today:

This morning's efforts.  

Posted Images

I am really struggling with the pollution.I made the mistake of walking second road,from Klang to south Pattaya rd.Then up beach road to Klang.I paid for it the next day with a serious chesty cough and generally feeling like hell.

It's so bad that this will probably be my last visit to Pattaya.

I am off to Bali in a couple of weeks,it's the rainy season but anything is better than this.

I have no idea about a solution to the problem but the combination of industrial, agricultural and traffic is deadly.

It's a serious problem for this old falang.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, yselmike said:

I am really struggling with the pollution.I made the mistake of walking second road,from Klang to south Pattaya rd.Then up beach road to Klang.I paid for it the next day with a serious chesty cough and generally feeling like hell.

It's so bad that this will probably be my last visit to Pattaya.

I am off to Bali in a couple of weeks,it's the rainy season but anything is better than this.

I have no idea about a solution to the problem but the combination of industrial, agricultural and traffic is deadly.

It's a serious problem for this old falang.

And for this one! 

I recently have returned to the UK after five and a half weeks in Patts. For the majority of that time, I was unwell to some extent or another with respiratory issues. Those caused lack of sleep, and that made me, to use your words, "feel like hell". 

I have another trip planned for 4 weeks in March. I'm seriously wondering if I should cancel it. 

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

And for this one! 

I recently have returned to the UK after five and a half weeks in Patts. For the majority of that time, I was unwell to some extent or another with respiratory issues. Those caused lack of sleep, and that made me, to use your words, "feel like hell". 

I have another trip planned for 4 weeks in March. I'm seriously wondering if I should cancel it. 

The problem is going to deteriorat in the short to medium term.I noticed the big buses have returned in numbers this morning while I was on the beach.Soi Buakhao is a no go zone for me,on my one visit to metro delivery trucks and bikes were belching out toxic fumes.Soi six had cars crawling down.Its 04:37 Monday morning I am in my hotel room coughing away,it's not good.

After the rain yesterday afternoon, I did expect better and clearer visibility this morning.  That does not appear to be the case.  I am still of opinion that visibility is dependant on both air quality and how humid the air is.

DSCF0426-Edit.jpg

DSCF0427-Edit.jpg

DSCF0428-Edit.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0479-Edit.jpg

DSCF0480-Edit.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0497.jpg

• Like 1
16 hours ago, blue_flag said:

After the rain yesterday afternoon, I did expect better and clearer visibility this morning.  That does not appear to be the case.  I am still of opinion that visibility is dependant on both air quality and how humid the air is.

The rain was pretty local, I heard heavy in Khao Talo area, but North of town at my place it was a bit of nothing. It is always low visibility in the mornings where I am, and I can feel the pollution in  the air from sunrise to mid morning. Got a few fields nearby so I believe the stuff coming over from Cambodia gets supplemented by nearby fires. 

18 hours ago, blue_flag said:

DSCF0426-Edit.jpg

DSCF0427-Edit.jpg

DSCF0428-Edit.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0479-Edit.jpg

DSCF0480-Edit.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0496.jpg

DSCF0497.jpg

I'm on my hotel balcony,Klang soi 12.Early most morning's I can smell burning.looking north east I've been able to see some hills in the distance maybe 3 times in 24 morning's,I first thought it was mist from humidity,now I believe it's only from burning, agricultural, industrial and traffic.

1 hour ago, yselmike said:

I'm on my hotel balcony,Klang soi 12.Early most morning's I can smell burning.looking north east I've been able to see some hills in the distance maybe 3 times in 24 morning's,I first thought it was mist from humidity,now I believe it's only from burning, agricultural, industrial and traffic.

On our weekly hash runs we're seeing the results of the burn offs on a regular basis now. Pic from the run this past Monday.

R2031-093.jpg

LOL, the latest govt recommendation for reducing air pollution.

Thai Government Wants People to Reduce Incense Burning for Chinese New Year to Stop Air Pollution

"The Deputy Government Spokesperson publicly stated that the Thai government was concerned about the health problems from PM 2.5 smoke on a concerning level. To reduce small dust particles in the atmosphere and protect the environment, the Thai government asked to reduce the use of incense and to use electric incense instead."

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

LOL, the latest govt recommendation for reducing air pollution.

Yes I saw this being mocked on TNT yesterday..... apparently I have to put my incense stick out when done with it. 

As the Chinese New year Fireworks go off all around my house. 

Edited by jacko
1 hour ago, jacko said:

Yes I saw this being mocked on TNT yesterday..... apparently I have to put my incense stick out when done with it. 

Do they burn fake plastic money as they do in Cambodia? 

3 hours ago, jacko said:

My lady didn't get the memo on not burning incense. Pic from this morning.

2024-02-09 Chinese New Year.jpg

40 minutes ago, Kev said:

Is that done every day or is it a special occasion?

Done the day before the Chinese New Year out of respect and to make merit to her Chinese ancestors.

• Thanks 1

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld

NNT- National News Bureau of Thailand 

The Ministry of Interior, through the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation, reveals three strategic approaches to address issues related to forest fires, haze, and fine particulate matter (PM2.5) pollution

1. Pollution Reduction at the Source: Collaboration between districts and local administrative organizations is emphasized to prevent and reduce pollution at the source (origin). Authorities with legal responsibilities are directed to enforce laws rigorously.

2. Public Awareness Campaign: Prioritizing proactive communication to inform and raise awareness among the public regarding the prevailing situation and the causes of particulate matter. Encouraging public involvement to collectively prevent and alleviate pollution issues in the area.

3. Emergency Response to Forest Fires, Haze, or Elevated PM2.5 Levels: Implementing various precautionary measures. Prioritizing the safety of personnel involved. Establishing safe zones and dust-free rooms adequately. Providing assistance in accordance with relevant regulations and strict, transparent criteria.

Additionally, to prevent hazards during the Chinese New Year festivities in 2024, provinces, districts, and local administrative organizations are instructed to inspect communities with fire-prone materials, especially those involving the production and trade of floral decorations. The emphasis is on increasing vigilance in production processes to minimize potential risks to life and property.

22 hours ago, yselmike said:

Do they burn fake plastic money as they do in Cambodia? 

Yes I believe they do.

20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

My lady didn't get the memo on not burning incense. Pic from this morning.

What an odd looking breakfast!

• Haha 1