Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

New direct flights from UK to Pattaya Utapao

At the end of the day we all choose to spend our time and money the way that we see fit. Personally i have never flown a low cost airline such as Ryanair or Air Asia in my life and would never fly long haul on any aircraft with a 17 inch wide seat unless it was the last flight out of a war zone. If finances dictated that i could choose two trips flying economy or one flying business i would choose the one flying business every time provided that it was on a decent airline. That is my choice. Others would choose a different option. That is their choice and i respect their choice.

12 hours ago, Brown1950 said:

In my recent booking with Qatar Airways i avoided the Dreamliner and have a combination of A350/A340/A380 aircraft on the route MAN/DOH/BKK.

My next booking with Qatar is the A350/A340 combo from MAN - BKK and return.... Sampled the A350 from EDI last October/November and the A350 is a huge improvement on the cramped QR 787 Nightmareliners....

8 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Strange because the Qatar dreamliners are 31" pitch which equates to 78.74cms comparing apples with apples

The MAN-DOH and DOH-MAN uses the 787.

Screenshot_20190129-151631_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, tombon said:

My dates in May have it as 2 of the 3 flights sitched to the A350......

I booked flights for 16th May until returning 4th June and QR27/QR28 have both come up as being A359 on the Qatar website.........

QR21/QR22 showing A359 and QR23/QR24 showing 788 on the same dates....

Edited by TheFiend

They have cutback on using the 787 on the MAN route. I think it's just one of the three flights a day that they use it on. 

My experience of it with qatar almost stopped me from flying again. It was that bad. I am 6.3 and was sat next to a heavy set guy. All I do now is avoid qatar as I know they can change an aircraft at any given time.

4 hours ago, tombon said:

They have cutback on using the 787 on the MAN route. I think it's just one of the three flights a day that they use it on. 

My experience of it with qatar almost stopped me from flying again. It was that bad. I am 6.3 and was sat next to a heavy set guy. All I do now is avoid qatar as I know they can change an aircraft at any given time.

I was often irritated that the early morning landing into Manchester was parked away from the terminal and I was short-sleeved and cold walking to a damned bus . (Always opened my case and got the jacket out inside. )

10 hours ago, tombon said:

I wouldnt take any notice of netflights who sell flights its clearly wrong. Both Qatars own site and Seat Guru say otherwise

Do acknowledge that Qatar get many complaints over seat pitch in general though.

14 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

I wouldnt take any notice of netflights who sell flights its clearly wrong. Both Qatars own site and Seat Guru say otherwise

Do acknowledge that Qatar get many complaints over seat pitch in general though.

I used netflights seat pitch as a reference to my own experience on Qatar's 787.

I flow etihads 787 in December. 79cm and comparing that with Qatar's there was a very noticeable difference.