Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Eva Air cabin crew strike

Taipei-Seattle flight on July 11 not canceled so they should have an aircraft to make the return trip on the 12th.  Cutting it a bit close.?

It's gone tits up! :(

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3734979

Breaking News: Taiwan’s EVA Air to continue strike as talks break down

The management refused to withdraw punitive measures against flight attendants taking part in the strike

By Huang Tzu-ti, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2019/06/29 22:16

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) –Flight attendants at EVA Air have decided to continue their strike following failed negotiations with the company’s management that lasted for three hours on Saturday (June 29).

Earlier in the day, members of the labor union had voted to accept a compromise deal, bringing hopes that the 10-day strike could end as soon as the two sides ink an agreement later.

The negotiations broke down over a number of sticking points, including refusal by the management to withdraw punitive measures against employees taking part in the strike.

The next round of negotiations will take place on July 2, according to the union.

The "ambush strike" that started on June 20 has led to approximately 2,000 flight cancellations and losses estimated to be NT$1.8 billion, affecting hundreds of thousands of passengers, EVA Air said in a news release.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:52 PM, Bazle said:

I am reminded on the EVA app I have on my phone that if I booked through a travel agent, it is the travel agent I need to contact, not EVA, in the event of a problem.

Oooh when looking for flights from Amsterdam to Bangkok on Skyscanner,I checked the reviews of the agents that offer really cheap flights they were across the board scathing of the customer service if something went wrong only contact was via email and most of them just don't answer.Normally I would always recommend booking direct with the airline but in this case.......

53 minutes ago, yselmike said:

Oooh when looking for flights from Amsterdam to Bangkok on Skyscanner,I checked the reviews of the agents that offer really cheap flights they were across the board scathing of the customer service if something went wrong only contact was via email and most of them just don't answer.Normally I would always recommend booking direct with the airline but in this case.......

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head.

I'm not looking forward to what I think I'm going to have to deal with. 

Don't usually use agents.  Last month, booked a Bangkok to Hong Kong trip through American Express, but had to reschedule.  Very impressive service, one relatively short phone call.  Trip next month was directly booked with Eva.  I suspect more cancellations will be posted when the Eva day workers come to work Monday morning.  Not looking forward to this now that the strike will continue.

Edited by nkped

The Eva website indicates some flights are operating, BR 67, for example.  Not quite sure I believe it.

11 hours ago, nkped said:

The Eva website indicates some flights are operating, BR 67, for example.  Not quite sure I believe it.

Yes, BR67 and 68 are not listed amongst the cancellations they have published from today to 12 July. 

I wonder if they are going to spread the pain and include them in the next lot of cancellations. 

The cancelation list now shows through 21 July.  BR 67 and 68 are not on it. I suppose they could be using supervisors who are flight qualified to continue a limited number of flights.

• Thanks 1

I expect EVA might be good for a few bargains in the next month in an attempt to recover market share and reputation. An SMS poppeed into my phone today, which required translation but here is the gist of it.

Use Bangkok Bank credit card to book flights at www.  .evaair.com / en-th / bangkok / BBL.html Get up to 7% discount and receive a 15% cash back credit when spending as specified + redeem points for the purchase amount 1 Jul 62-30 Sep  62

Well the good news is Eva are going back to work.... the bad news is.....

Heathrow strike threat to summer holiday travel.

More than 4,000 workers at the airport - including customer service, engineering and security staff - have voted to strike over pay.

Staff will walk out on 26 July, 27 July, 5 August, 6 August, 23 August and 24 August, which the Unite union said could create "summer travel chaos".

Heathrow says it has contingency plans to remain open and operate safely..

BBC News.

2 hours ago, cheetzie said:

I hope their contingency plans are robust and effective. Time will tell. 

You are joking... they shut the place down if they find an empty cigarette packet and call in the bomb squad!

On 7/16/2019 at 4:42 PM, monkeyman said:

Selfish brown swines.

If they don't want to be treated like shit they should get jobs with EVA Air(?) :clueless  

Apologies to "Confused".  This was a sequel to post #2.