Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Would you fly EVA again?.

30 minutes ago, nkped said:

Where folks in the high rises hung their laundry out so that it would be dried by the jet exhaust.

Even the folks in the low rises too ......... I fucking loved those days..young, handsome and with money to throw away... None of which describes me now though ...

• Haha 1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When i fly for me its about cost most, i only fly 2 times a year as live here , i go back uk 10 oct for 2 weeks , just booked thai air come back 27 oct cost £526 return 

I flew in on THAI 2 days ago, although I’ve flown into Nagoya since then, and THAI are charging £80 for the bulkhead seat on board the flight! Cash to the chief steward onboard! If you try and move in

I think it was mentioned earlier but Thai Airways now charges for exit row/bulkhead seats. I asked a check in (as I always do) to change to an exit row and she told me they now charge 100$ (I was in H

12 hours ago, Butch said:

Thai and even BA009 out of LHR are looking tempting. The Mid day Thai flight especially so.

Don't do it. Much of my anger at BA last time was really delayed shuttles to and from Manchester. But at LHR, from the overcrowded lounges, we were bused to the aircraft. It was still a rubbish old 777, with a bad seat and defective IFE. For the return leg  into BKK I did get a particularly good stewardess, kept the liquid flowing, a little bit of a surprise, a heavy Eastern European lady.... 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Of course you are correct, I get confused easily in my old age. Thanks for putting me right...!!

I do prefer T3 to T2. I remember flying out of T3 to Oman on Gulf air Tristars back in the 70's, when T3 was full of cigarette smoke (like the planes) and had horrible brown corduroy seating  and a huge "flapper" board to announce flights.

T2 is like an industrial warehouse with big windows, whereas I feel T3 has got a bit of character about it, albeit mostly from my memories.

21 hours ago, jacko said:

Don't do it. Much of my anger at BA last time was really delayed shuttles to and from Manchester. But at LHR, from the overcrowded lounges, we were bused to the aircraft. It was still a rubbish old 777, with a bad seat and defective IFE. For the return leg  into BKK I did get a particularly good stewardess, kept the liquid flowing, a little bit of a surprise, a heavy Eastern European lady.... 

I know, I know, My brain is telling me to get with the program, especially as  I'll be on my own so most probably travelling econ (unless they have a decent PE price, i.e less than a grand) but the timings seem to be better, plus when they're not actually on strike they are kind of reliable. After flying with EVA since the 90's, Thai a couple of times, I'm secretly considering the prospect of flying the flag. hopefully someone can beat some sense into me in the meantime.

4 hours ago, Butch said:

I do prefer T3 to T2. I remember flying out of T3 to Oman on Gulf air Tristars back in the 70's, when T3 was full of cigarette smoke (like the planes) and had horrible brown corduroy seating  and a huge "flapper" board to announce flights.

T2 is like an industrial warehouse with big windows, whereas I feel T3 has got a bit of character about it, albeit mostly from my memories.

I know, I know, My brain is telling me to get with the program, especially as  I'll be on my own so most probably travelling econ (unless they have a decent PE price, i.e less than a grand) but the timings seem to be better, plus when they're not actually on strike they are kind of reliable. After flying with EVA since the 90's, Thai a couple of times, I'm secretly considering the prospect of flying the flag. hopefully someone can beat some sense into me in the meantime.

I also much prefer T.3 to T.2

Alas though!  Thai use T.2. so I have to put up with it!

• Like 1

I have just had a thought whilst decanting my Mont Clair from box to plastic water bottles...Have you thought about Air France? OK, I have only flown ECO once with them but it wasn't too long ago...but I found CDG easy to navigate through (even though I was ratassed from the lounge and incoming flight) and the in-flight food was very good IIRC. The most important thing though was they served excellent wine in the small individual bottles so that I ordered 3 at a time stashing them in the seat pocket and all around my seat under the blanket for later...

• Upvote 1

For some reason my Mrs is very much against flying with Air France due to their recent mishap, plus it is a bit of faffing around going from UK to Paris, but saying that I have considered KLM in the past via Schipol, but to Thailand I need to fly direct. We flew KLM to Cape Town once and really liked it, so for our Manila trips they might be an option.

Besides, I'm not really keen on the French, never have been. Smug wankers.

4 hours ago, Butch said:

For some reason my Mrs is very much against flying with Air France due to their recent mishap, plus it is a bit of faffing around going from UK to Paris, but saying that I have considered KLM in the past via Schipol, but to Thailand I need to fly direct. We flew KLM to Cape Town once and really liked it, so for our Manila trips they might be an option.

Many years ago I was quite keen on KLM, upstairs in their Jumbo,, Emergency Exit seat, loads of space and Grolsch beer!

Again the shuttle let them down, that hop to Manchester on the way back was dismal, sat in a crappy little satellite terminal. They also moved their timings which made it a late arrival, instead of conveniently early. Air France, yes attitude was an issue.... I hold a grudge. I was in the no smoking area in Biz, long haul to Sao Paulo. It stank, all the crew were in the galley area smoking their heads off with their stinky Galloise! Yes, long time ago, I also did not like the transit in De Gaulle. I really find the transits in the Middle East to be the lesser of 2 evils. You get 2 premium class flights, instead of one long haul one and then a European hop equivalent to a budget carrier. 

48 minutes ago, jacko said:

Many years ago I was quite keen on KLM, upstairs in their Jumbo,, Emergency Exit seat, loads of space and Grolsch beer!

Again the shuttle let them down, that hop to Manchester on the way back was dismal, sat in a crappy little satellite terminal. They also moved their timings which made it a late arrival, instead of conveniently early. Air France, yes attitude was an issue.... I hold a grudge. I was in the no smoking area in Biz, long haul to Sao Paulo. It stank, all the crew were in the galley area smoking their heads off with their stinky Galloise! Yes, long time ago, I also did not like the transit in De Gaulle. I really find the transits in the Middle East to be the lesser of 2 evils. You get 2 premium class flights, instead of one long haul one and then a European hop equivalent to a budget carrier. 

Did  you end up with a good collection of Delfe houses..???

16 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Did  you end up with a good collection of Delfe houses..???

Yes I did, a whole shelf was occupied by them at my mother's place. You got empty ones in and out of Saudi of course. My alcoholic brother was known to try one now and again! Had to get rid of them when mother passed, all ended up at the charity shop. 

5 hours ago, Butch said:

Totally understand the anti-AF feeling...When I worked in Africa we racked up the miles with Kenya Air but spent them with KLM

1 hour ago, hatter said:

When i fly for me its about cost most, i only fly 2 times a year as live here , i go back uk 10 oct for 2 weeks , just booked thai air come back 27 oct cost £526 return 

That is a good price - Who did you book through and was it in pounds or Thai Baht then converted.....???

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hatter said:

I'm seeing £866 for that routing on Thai  ??

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

I'm seeing £866 for that routing on Thai  ??

785 quid on sky scanner ..... (BA 567 quid) I would love to know how to snaffle a price like that..!!  

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

785 quid on sky scanner ..... (BA 567 quid) I would love to know how to snaffle a price like that..!!  

Well that price in Baht would be 19,882 Baht so its a spectacular result..................

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

Well that price in Baht would be 19,882 Baht so its a spectacular result..................

I don't disbelieve it but just want to know how it is done ....I don't want his fish, I want him to teach me how to fish ...that's all!!

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I don't disbelieve it but just want to know how it is done ....I don't want his fish, I want him to teach me how to fish ...that's all!!

Could be a flash sale and also its less than a 1 month ticket with fixed dates

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

Could be a flash sale and also its less than a 1 month ticket with fixed dates

That's what I was thinking but I'd like to know who was selling at that price..... I'm going through a bad patch at the moment and a 250/300 quid saving on a flight home could mean the difference between seeing my new grandaughter or not before I pop my clogs..

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I just did a quick Skyscanner check and China Southern are coming in around 16,000 baht.

Etihad at about 22,000 baht.

Thai didn't show until over 30,000 baht. 

25 minutes ago, martini9946 said:

Love the ad for "Shop on board" showing 3 types of vaseline ....