Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Now I have a bit of a conundrum.

I am booked next Friday for the Sinopharm vaccine. However I am now also booked in for the week after through the BOI for the AZ vaccine.

Which one should I go for is the question?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jacko as expected BS. I was offered the Moderna in Oct. Not helpful. He will be at the hospital today 0830 to try for the Astra vaccine this month.  I will report back his results today. As i have pos

On the ongoing saga what will kill Bill first. His crazy GO GO girl on her bike or the lack of the vaccine. I do have an update perhaps helpful. As to the girl, we were behind a Motorcycle Taxi who st

The Thailandintervac.com site now has a link for pre-registration at Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi.  Seemed to work.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Broughton said:

Now I have a bit of a conundrum.

I am booked next Friday for the Sinopharm vaccine. However I am now also booked in for the week after through the BOI for the AZ vaccine.

Which one should I go for is the question?

Haven't seen any real information about sinopharm.  With a difference of one week, I would wait for the AZ.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, nkped said:

Did as well.  Any insight as to which vaccine?

I read on ThaiVisa/Asean now, that it was to be AZ.

• Upvote 1

Just received the following email from the US Embassy. Don't understand why it's only a one day advance notice, but it's not the Embassy's doing as the notice is from the Thai govt and the Embassy is only the messenger. 

Seal with white background

Event: COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity for U.S. Citizens - July 17, 2021

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it is offering U.S. citizens in Thailand the opportunity to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine at 4 p.m. this Sunday July 18, 2021 at SCG Headquarters in Bang Sue area of Bangkok. (See location map here:  https://goo.gl/maps/dFRM8oycooZTtQJW8).

IMPORTANT: Doses are limited. Those who are successful obtaining an appointment will be contacted. If you do not receive a return email verifying your appointment, assume all appointments have been filled.

To register please click on this link:https://bit.ly/USTHvax2021

To get an appointment, you MUST: 1) pre-register through the above link AND, 2) receive an email confirmation from the Thai government.

Do not show up at the vaccination location without the above two things, or you will be turned away. 

Please Note:  By filling out this form, you acknowledge that your information is going directly to the Thai Government coordinating officials, not the U.S. Embassy. 

This opportunity is available in Bangkok this Sunday only. You will need to make your own travel arrangements to the vaccination site.

This is a limited opportunity offered by the Thai Government. We do not know when/if similar opportunities will arise again in the future.

Registration information is being collected by the Royal Thai Government, not the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok.  The U.S. Embassy will not have access to information on the form.

For those that pre-paid for their Moderna shots, bad news for you.

What I don't understand is how the Thai Red Cross and other hospitals can commandeer pre-paid doses.

Moderna shots to be allotted

Not all people who have booked, and paid for, the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine from private hospitals will get all their shots since an allotment system will apply, according to the chairman of the Private Hospitals Association.

Chalerm Harnphanich told Thai media late this week about the need for the allotment, which looks very much like a share subscription.

He said the association had placed an order for 5 million doses through the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, which would sign a supply agreement with Zuellig Pharma Thailand, the local representative, on their behalf.

As Covid-19 vaccines are new and for emergency use only, manufacturers want governments to accept “no-fault compensation” and don’t deal directly with private entities.

But before the allotment, 1.1 million of the 5 million shots would go to the Thai Red Cross Society, as well as Siriraj and Ramathibodi hospitals, leaving the private hospitals with 3.9 million doses, Dr Chalerm said.

The Thai Red Cross Society said its 1 million shots would be sold to provincial administration organisations nationwide at 1,300 baht each on condition they administer them on people for free. Siriraj and Ramathibodhi hospitals said they needed the shots for medical workers.

Demand surveys showed 277 of 330 member hospitals of the association had booked 9.2 million doses in total, he said.

To distribute the remaining supply evenly, all 277 hospitals would first get 10,000 shots each. At this stage, Dr Chalerm said 194 hospitals would get 100% of their bookings since they needed less than 10,000 each.

The remaining 2.4 million doses will then be allotted proportionally to the hospitals according to their demand, which at this stage totalled 7.7 million doses. It is then up to each hospital to decide who would get them and how many, he said.

Asked whether the association would order more shots, Dr Chalerm said his group had already planned to order 5-10 million doses of the second generation of the vaccine, expected to be out in the second quarter of next year. 

Somewhere along the way, added Vimut Hospital in Bangkok as a Line friend.  This morning got a message, in Thai, at 8:17.  Google Translate is a wonderful thing.  It was offering the opportunity to register for the Moderna vaccines at a cost of 1,650 baht, 1,200 baht to be paid in advance.  They would send a payment link.  Convinced one will need to be proactive, I  registered.  At 10:36am, got another Line message saying they were full up.  At 11:12am, got the SMS with the payment link.  Of interest, the link is good for 24 hours.  After checking Grab Car to see they would take the hospital as a destination, I made the payment and got a confirming email.  No appointment as yet.  Hope it pans out but, if not, it would not be the first non-performer I had in Thailand.

On 7/18/2021 at 3:22 PM, nkped said:

Somewhere along the way, added Vimut Hospital in Bangkok as a Line friend.  This morning got a message, in Thai, at 8:17.  Google Translate is a wonderful thing.  It was offering the opportunity to register for the Moderna vaccines at a cost of 1,650 baht, 1,200 baht to be paid in advance.  They would send a payment link.  Convinced one will need to be proactive, I  registered.  At 10:36am, got another Line message saying they were full up.  At 11:12am, got the SMS with the payment link.  Of interest, the link is good for 24 hours.  After checking Grab Car to see they would take the hospital as a destination, I made the payment and got a confirming email.  No appointment as yet.  Hope it pans out but, if not, it would not be the first non-performer I had in Thailand.

You got a message on LINE and sent a payment?  Bit risky dont you think? Not some thing that I would do. 

20 hours ago, Pine Tree said:

You got a message on LINE and sent a payment?  Bit risky dont you think? Not some thing that I would do. 

The 1,200 baht is hardly a major concern.  Have protection from a major hit using the payment information although that probably wasn't front of mind when I hit send.

The Thailandintervac.com site now has a link for pre-registration at Samithivej Sriracha Hospital, Chonburi.  Seemed to work.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, nkped said:

I registered on that site when it was first opened, what, some 3 months ago. No response, so it doesn't  seem to work. 

16 hours ago, Pine Tree said:

I registered on that site when it was first opened, what, some 3 months ago. No response, so it doesn't  seem to work. 

Well thanks for the feedback.... back to ground zero. 

57 minutes ago, rhodie said:

This one seems to be the latest.

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

Fraught with problems. Most, including me, have encountered an error after entering their email address. That then leads into another problem with the system. The shitty programmers have designed a system that remembers your email address so if you try again with that address you get the message it's already taken. Then to top it off, the data you enter is visible to anyone and everyone. Amazing Thailand, SNAFU

Screen Shot 08-01-21 at 12.04 PM.JPG

7 hours ago, jacko said:

Well thanks for the feedback.... back to ground zero. 

The new one, announced to start today, 1st Aug,  doesn't work either.  I'm off to cuddle the g/f and have a beer, not necessarily in that order.  . 

15 minutes ago, Pine Tree said:

The new one, announced to start today, 1st Aug,  doesn't work either.  I'm off to cuddle the g/f and have a beer, not necessarily in that order.  . 

Just tried again and was successful. First step was email address entry. Once that was accepted immediately received an email with a link to a web page for entering Name, DOB, passport, etc. Entered the required info and after submitting the data received a registration success email.

image.png

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Just tried again and was successful. First step was email address entry. Once that was accepted immediately received an email with a link to a web page for entering Name, DOB, passport, etc. Entered the required info and after submitting the data received a registration success email.

image.png

I understand that the result may be the Chinese crap and a mixture of that and AZ, so no thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Pine Tree said:

I understand that the result may be the Chinese crap and a mixture of that and AZ, so no thanks. 

I'm over 60 so I expect it will be AZ, but remain hopeful some of the Pfizer my tax $'s paid for that the US donated and has been allocated to foreign residents will find its way into my arm. If it does happen it's the Chinese crap, I'll pass and wait for until something more effective is available. Other than my age, I'm not in any of the high risk groups, and my nature is to avoid large crowds, so I can afford to wait.

• Like 1

LOL, just got an email from my first failed attempt at registering with a link to input my personal info. They must have wrote a quick fix to the code to send out emails to those that got an error message when they attempted to register.

The latest and includes Phizer.
https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats 
Was active last night but not showing today. Maybe online later. Worth a try if you specifically want Phizer.
Is that an Indian or Chinese knockoff from Pfizer (/ Biontech which is the German company that developed the vaccine)?

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

Good news! Pattaya News posted about an hour ago Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is taking vaccine registrations for those over 60 or with pre-existing conditions. This isn't like the previous pre-registration where they would notify you when the vaccine becomes available, but an honest to goodness registration where you can pick the date and time for your jab.

Edited to add: One catch is you have to have previously been a patient at BPH and have a Hospital Number (Patient Number) to register. 

Note their nationality drop down isn't in alphabetical order for every country. I found American near the bottom of the list between Tanzanian and U.S. Virgin Island.

https://healthrisk.bangkokpattayahospital.com/rvi_covid/rvi_add.php

Screen Shot 08-03-21 at 07.32 PM.JPG

Edited by forcebwithu
10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Good news! Pattaya News

I saw this posted on FB and went in there.... took me a while to find my Nationality. It all seems a bit 'wooly', ie loose, I think I made a registration but might have forgotten to enter my phone number, I certainly don't recall putting in my patient number with them. No error message at all.....

Despite being able to book a date and time it is still called a survey... and rather than confirm things, they will tell you if it changes.

I think I will try again when I wake up proper... desperate to not be living a life like this much longer!

Edited by jacko