Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Those French!  What a bunch of funny guys!

This is just too funny to pass up!  Best of all its true:

The link is no longer valid, so here's the article

French government bans use of word 'email'

The French government has banned the use of the word 'email' in all its ministries, documents, publications and websites.  In the latest step to stem an incursion of English words into the French language, the Culture Ministry says the term should be replaced with 'courriel'.  The ministry's General Commission on Terminology and Neology insists internet surfers in France already use the phrase courrier electronique (electronic mail) instead of email.  The commission ruled: "Evocative, with a very French sound, the word courriel is broadly used in the press and competes advantageously with the borrowed mail in English."  The commission has links to the Academie Francaise, the prestigious institution that has been one of the top opponents of allowing English terms to seep into French.

Some internet industry experts say the decision is artificial and doesn't reflect reality.  Marie-Christine Levet, president of French internet service provider Club Internet, said: "The word courriel is not at all actively used. Email has sunk in to our values."  She said Club Internet wasn't changing the words it uses, adding: "Protecting the language is normal, but email's so assimilated now that no one thinks of it as American. Courriel would just be a new word to launch."

© Associated Press

Story filed: 15:54 Friday 18th July 2003

At one time France was an important player in the world scene.  But now the country is just a joke and they are grabbing at straws. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people.

They need to grow up and face facts the English language is the language of the world. When I fly anywhere in the world the language used to talk with ATC and Airport Towers is English. That says a lot about the current state of the world.

That is probably the dumbest thing france could do.  Many people are boycotting France after they turned on us, in fact their economy is hurting.  Most countries can do without france but they can't do without us.  They are very ignorant and very rude people.

john.

In Hungary is a common, that french people are rude and nationalista etc. On my way to Paris I wondered, all people were very friendly, the city is romantic etc. Going out from Paris the sceene changed, there are I felt those famous reticent. BUT I agreed with them. Tourists were loud, rude, pissing on the sideway and I felt, that they don't need anyone, for them just a chagrin the aliens.

hehe, we in Hungary using in the slang instead of e-mail : Emil

You really need to understand  the French beaurocracy then you will understand the silliness of it all.

Dont forget. This is the country which had an avowed Racist and a proven liar and cheat as candidates for a Presidential election.      (the liar and cheat won)

A few years ago they tried to ban the word 'Hamburger'

and also ' le sandwich'

They have as much success at that as they will when they try to ban smoking or taking little dogs into restaurants.

???

But ....wait..... maybe we could ban 'defense', 'ho', and 'aksed' from the British (English) language.

:))

I always thought a Ho was a garden implement ?

Lifes too short anyway.

Come on now, guys who make that wonderful bread and some of the best wine in the world can't be all bad.

But if you want to really piss off a Frenchman remind him about Waterloo.

Great isn't it that they chose Waterloo Station as the terminus for the Eurostar trains.

Soon after De Gaulle died Noel Coward was discussing the event with a friend.

The friend wondered how De Gaulle and God were getting on, and if they were having a lively conversation.

"That depends on how good God's French is" Coward replied.  

Well, at least we can always count on the Brits:

An American tourist in London found himself needing to go to the bathroom something terrible. After a long search he just couldn't find any public bathroom to relieve himself. So he went down one of the side streets to take care of business. Just as he was unzipping, a London police officer showed up.

"Look here, old chap, what are you doing?" the officer asked.

"I'm sorry," the American replied, but I really gotta go."

"You can't do that here," the officer told him. "Look, follow me."

The police officer led him to a beautiful garden with lots of grass, pretty flowers, and manicured hedges. "Here," said the policeman, "whiz away."

The American tourist shrugged, turned, unzipped, and started urinating on the flowers. "Ahhh," he said in relief. Then turning toward the officer, he said, "This is very nice of you. Is this British courtesy?"

"No," retorted the policeman. "It's the French Embassy."

Take care,

WISteve

Fonz,

That was over a hundred years ago.  Another time and another France.

100 years ago FT was a water buffalo I'm thinking.  See what being a bad water buffalo will get you? ;) :P :P :D :D

Yuck it up,

WISteve

WISteve.

The comment was made to express a bit of wry humour.

Not as a indictment for or against any country.

What does  (Yuck it up) mean :)

Fonz:

Not derisive in any way.  It means "laugh it up".  You know, hahahaha, nyuk, nyuk....  Three Stooges kind of laugh.

No insult intended man.

--WISteve

Fishing time - there is a new BBC series about air traffic control. the first program describes a fatal accident at Paris CDG airport where a major factor contributing to the accident was the fact that controllers were directing french speaking crews in French. A british cargo plane was cleared to enter the live runway while another plane was taking off. The resulting collision killed the British co-pilot. The British captain was initially arrested and charged with manslaughter. Although the mistake was by the French controller the British captain would probably have been aware of the mistake and queried his incorrect clearance if all radio messages had been in English.

stevoh.

• 3 months later...
Great isn't it that they chose Waterloo Station as the terminus for the Eurostar trains.

Great except for the fact that the French have asked us to rename the station as the name offends them. ::)

A very wise man once said France would be a wonderful place if it wasn't for the French living there !!  ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

dont say that tourists piss on the sidewalks in france the one ive seen doing it where mostly frenchmen and the rest frenchwomen(admittedly drunk)so please get facts straight