Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hilly,

no problem, Stevo and I could always form a breakaway Australian team with all this persecution from the British !! Pleased to hear of your punishment, hope you weren't too hard on yourself.

Doggie,

OK, great, would be happy to pick up the tab if needs be, but think I'll be rooting for the Aussies in more ways than one. Cheers :grin-jump

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have room for a Kamaina (local Hawaiian) it looks like something I could love to join in on although I have never tried to play golf with my pants around my ankles like some of you seem to do, but it might improve my balance hence my game.

I'm 61 and preparing for retirement in Udon Thani with my paraya who understands my addiction to Pattaya and the beautiful, sensual golf courses. I will probably have her fly to Chaing Mai and join me there on the 14th.

I am a discrace to my countryman as far as my handicap goes but I plan on living to 107 so I can finally shoot my age.

Put me down as a player.

Incidently if you fly Nok Air business class the baggage allowance is 30 kilos not 15 so we can take our clubs with us.

I will be in Pattaya July 18th to the 22nd then heading to Shinookville and Koh Kong for a week (no golf in Cambo) but my Paraya will bring my clubs in van from Udon and I would love to meet up with some of you to play golf.

Edited by Bob4you

Hi Bob

I am delighted that you can join us. Am I right in assuming you would like to play in the Pattaya events and then go to Chiang Mai with us? You will be very welcome to play in all the events and your USA team is short on numbers right now.

Thanks for the info about Nok Air. I will be comparing the cost of sending the clubs by road with the additional cost of business class.

More info to follow when I get back from Thailand at the end of July.

Cheers

Doggie

Doggie,

I can safely speak for myself, Fornicator, and most likely Big Brian that the little extra cost for business/Nok plus (??$10-20??) would be well worth it so we could fit our asses in the seats without the aid of a crowbar.

Steveo, our Bangledeshi refugee, can be placed back in the cargo hold to balance out the weight differential that he expressed concern with back in the earlier part of the string. I would reccommend that we ship his horn, cobra, and cart as shown in Hub's post by land transport.

Cheers,

BigKev <grin <grin

P.S.

See you in one week!!

Kev

I will be looking into the fares when I get to Thailand next week. It would be interesting to know how many of you are still interested in the option of a coach trip. It might be feasible to do the coach if there are a dozen or more interested parties and the rest can fly there. Can I have a new show of hands please?

Doggie

Doggie,

Fornicator and I would do still do the coach assuming it is planned so that we and the flyers all get to Chang Mai on the same day - in other words glad to leave a day early on the coach for additional fun and frolic on the road. Trust me you have never seen true frolicking until you have seen the two of us frolic. :beer

Cheers,

BigKev :eyecrazy <grin

Thanks for the feedback Kev.

The plan would be for the coach to leave Pattaya on Saturday with a stop over en route including a round of golf. We would load the coach with liquid refreshment for the journey. Arrival in CM would be early Sunday evening to meet up with the flyers for pre-dinner coktails and canapes - or a belly load of beer and peanuts!

Cheers

Doggie

Doggie,

My preference would be by plane even if it has to be in the cargo hold with my Bangladeshi buffalo for company. :rolleyes: :clueless :cry1

Cheers

Steveo

Chang Mai is about 2/3K baht and takes an hour or so. The bus will maybe take you about 12 hours. See you there and I could even get an extra round of golf or several rounds of the other in whilst you guys are on the road.

Five flights a day and here is their schedule and prices. Forget the dates as not showing for Nov yet.

Economy

THB 1,008.41

Nok Plus

THB 1,508.41

Flight DD8300

Saturday, 15 Oct 2005 Departure

Arrival 06:00

07:10

Economy

THB 1,008.41

Nok Plus

THB 1,508.41

Flight DD8306

Arrival 09:05

10:15

Flight DD8314

Arrival 13:20

14:30

Flight DD8318

Arrival 15:20

16:30

Flight DD8326

Arrival 19:40

20:50

Edited by HILLY

I still fancy the idea of a coach trip - N.B. a coach, not a minibus! And a stopover somewhere that's not on the "normal" tourist trail sounds interesting. My usual guide as to what comprises the "normal" tourist trail is "does it have a MacDonalds", if not, it'll do nicely. :clueless

Frank

Who is your friend? If he wants to join the programme, please ask him to contact me. We are making advance hotel reservations because CM will be busy at Loy Krathong.

If he wants to bring a friend with him, this is no problem as long as I know when he books. Can be from FLB or anywhere he chooses.

Doggie

Doggie,

As I PM:t to you. I got an attractive price for Chiang Mai from Thai air. However if I read Hilly`s price information correct there is no point for me to fly without you guys.

So count me in when making reservations.

After the Chiang Mai I will return to Pattaya again. The hotel rooms in CM are of course

single without joiners fee, right?

I been suffering a problem with rotator cuff but will start to practise soon to beat the hell out of the opponent since they got almost unfair backup from the great golf players from Bangladesh.

:eyecrazy

Softrabbit

Brian

Let me know if you need any help with flight or hotel bookings. If you let me know your departure airport and dates, I will take a look at what we can do for you.

Cheers

Doggie

Well, thanks to doghaus, I got my tickets on Friday. The travel agent couldn't get me Evas Evergreen Deluxe on the dates I wanted, but doghaus could.

Thanks, I owe you some beers. :clueless

This board never ceases to impress me.

The programme is pretty much fixed as follows:

4th November - Kittens Open

6th November - RideHer Cup registration evening

7th November - RideHer Cup

8th to 12th November - some more golf and a lawn bowls tournament

13th November - depart for Chiang Mai. Coach to Bangkok and scheduled flight to CM. I will probably send the baggage by truck. If there is any live baggage that doesn't warrant the investment in an air ticket, this can be sent by road as well!

14th to 16th November - Golf in Chiang Mai. We will probably play Green Valley, Royal Chiang Mai and Lamphung.

17th November - return to Bangkok. Some of the guys will be staying in Bangkok or transferring to their flights home. I can organise transport back to Pattaya for those that need it.

Alright, if I understand this (always a point of contention in my case :cry1 ), the calendar is relatively open between November 8th and 12th? I'm asking because I am giving serious thought to throwing a "Countdown to 50" party at FLB one of those nights and want to make sure there are enough merry-makers around to join in the festivities. I turn 49 in January, but since I won't be in LOS then I want to start the countdown in spectacular fashion, and this looks like the only chance I'll have to do so. :clap2

:D

No date has been fixed yet but there will definitely be the annual birthday party that used to be at Kittens (Catz this year) some time around then which many of the guys usually attend. Our birthdays are on the 13th but as we will be on the road to Chiang Mai then, my guess at this stage is that it will be held on Friday 11th - so you might want to avoid that date.

Having said that, at that time of year there are always shitloads of board members in town so you need not fear being shorthanded whatever date you choose. :P If you can avoid the 11th for your party that´ll be good as I´ll be able to attend then as well. :beer

Cheers

Pie

No date has been fixed yet but there will definitely be the annual birthday party that used to be at Kittens (Catz this year) some time around then which many of the guys usually attend. Our birthdays are on the 13th but as we will be on the road to Chiang Mai then, my guess at this stage is that it will be held on Friday 11th - so you might want to avoid that date.

Having said that, at that time of year there are always shitloads of board members in town so you need not fear being shorthanded whatever date you choose.  :lol: If you can avoid the 11th for your party that´ll be good as I´ll be able to attend then as well.  :chogdee2

Cheers

Pie

Thanks for the suggestions! I've already pinged the folks at FLB and proposed the 9th as a target date. The more I think about it the more I'm looking forward to it. I just hope the 4 months between now and then go by pretty quickly because the anticipation is killing me! :lol:

Dog -

I remain a big fan of an old fashioned coach trip north, but am extremely flexible and laid back about such things, so if the majority opt for a shorter sojourn made at 35,000', then you'll hear no gripes from me. Given the degree I'm looking forward to things, you could stick me on the back of hobbled elephant and I'd still be lacking a care in the world.

Thanks once more for taking charge on the arrangements and coordinating what is essentially a hoarde of unruly children. A round or two in your direction will be my pleasure.

Regards,

Pen

Doggie,

I have a friend that would like to play in the rideher cup, but he is not a board member, but he does visit the flb bar with me. If you have any places going after all board members have signed up. He would be more than happy to join in.

Only 16 weeks and counting to beating them yanks again ( no hard feelings )

Cheers

bertie

Bertie

The more the merrier! Please invite him to join the event and just post a reply with a nickname for him. I will ned his handicap and polo shirt size nearer the time.

Cheers

Doggie

• 3 weeks later...

Doggie,

At this point what is the roll call for the Chang Mai trip?

Cheers,

BigKev

p.s.

Please allow the Bangledeshi's to join us. We will need someone to watch our bags in the cargo bay of the plane :D . Not mention this will help balance out the weight load of Myself, Fornicator, and Big Brian in the front of the plane :clap1 .

Edited by BigKev