Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I have booked flight for 14th July ,booked 3 months ago only £380 but 2 week later went to £510 this is with Ethid airways ,so still some good prices but you have to book in advance now for good prices.Looking forward to my first trip to pattaya next week.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitespider,

£435 is a fantastic price on eva for late sept - the best i can get is £550.

If you point me in the right direction, i'd be happy to buy you a beer! I'm looking to going out on sept 21st.

cheers fella

• 9 months later...

I found the need to resurrect this nearly-year-old thread. I was looking at airfares for November and saw a huge difference in business class fares (SFO-BKK) between EVA and the others. EVA fares were running about $1,350 USD r/t, while every other airline I saw was double that or more. Any ideas on why the big difference?

I found the need to resurrect this nearly-year-old thread. I was looking at airfares for November and saw a huge difference in business class fares (SFO-BKK) between EVA and the others. EVA fares were running about $1,350 USD r/t, while every other airline I saw was double that or more. Any ideas on why the big difference?

I get $3377 for biz class and $1184 for ED on EVA for Nov. For comparison, CX is $5270.

tm

Edited by too_mutt
Guest Fatboyfat

Just a thought, but could the advertiser you are looking at possibly be trying to "con" people that the Evergreen Deluxe is Buisness Class.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just noticed that Wednesdays BR067 and BR 068 have been cancelled. Maybe the aircraft has gone tech or the weather is not too good.

Even the Taipae-Bangkok leg cancelled.

Commiserations to any BMs on tonights BR 068, hopefully you'll get bumped onto TG.

EVA is still flying the 747 from LA and SFO over the Pacific, with the Evergreen Delux class. I booked for early October for $1043 SFO-BKK-LAX through their web site. Could I have done better with a travel agent?

That seems a pretty good price to me. I'm booked for May in economy at $779 and November in economy at $890. Figure around $200 more for ED and yours sounds about right for current prices.

Haha :clap2 I just read Mescalito's post and now realize I've just responded to an almost 1yo post.........

Edited by brotherbuzz
I have just noticed that Wednesdays BR067 and BR 068 have been cancelled. Maybe the aircraft has gone tech or the weather is not too good.

Even the Taipae-Bangkok leg cancelled.

Commiserations to any BMs on tonights BR 068, hopefully you'll get bumped onto TG.

Yes one of the 777-300ER was out for two days of servicing as I was actually trying to book Eva's flights on one of those days to be told "no flight".

Because of the timings I believe only one round trip was "out of action" as it were.

Chivas

Etihad, Emirates , Qatar...........simply the best, don't think you will beat them on price, service or any other give critiria :allright

Not so sure about Etihad of late, overpriced and poor schedule from Heathrow.

Used them few times from Gatwick and then was excellent airline.

Edited by rainsberger

The Gatwick flights are being reintroduced later this year (late summer I recall) for certain days of the week.

Forget the details without going into my system but if you go into westeast or wherever and put in some dates youll see Gatwick reappear on the schedules.

Chivas

The Gatwick flights are being reintroduced later this year (late summer I recall) for certain days of the week.

Forget the details without going into my system but if you go into westeast or wherever and put in some dates youll see Gatwick reappear on the schedules.

Chivas

Hi Chivas.

Would like to think that is true, but there is nothing new on Etihad's own web site about

reintroducing the Gatwick flight. Infact they can't even fill the seats on the Heathrow flights.

Have gone up to October and no flight schedule's from Gatwick.

I have seen since etihad moved from Gatwick there is now a 12 hour stopover in Abu Dhabi airport each way :bigsmile:

Hi my friend, if you catch the 13.05pm service from Heathrow EY012 you arrive at Abu Dhabi

after the Bangkok flight EY402 has gone so you now have to wait 10hrs until the morning

flight at 09.00 arriving Bangkok 18.30pm.

Not so bad coming back flights almost the same as before.

Just booked Thai Airways £475 25th June good deal i think.

Also flying Thai Airways 3 weeks tomorrow Saturday £462, you can't beat going

non-stop but i did not mind flying with Etihad because of good prices and very short

stop-overs.

But now Etihad has changed for the worst with higher prices and longer stop-over

No thank you Etihad will fly with someone else.

ebookers 1-15 sept economy £558 inc taxes

PHONE them up and you will get a better rate than online and this should inc evergreen

By the way since they upgraded to the new planes I dont think they call it evergreen anymore but I could be wrong. I flew economy 3 weeks ago as it was all that was available and it was very good - mond you it was less than half full so everyone had a whole row to themselves almost.

If you book for AFTER 6th Sept onwards you should get cheaper deals as that is the last day of the school hols i.e. the end of the peak price season.

I always use the same "agent" at ebookers and I can give you her direct number if you PM me. She ALWAYS beats the online price and usually throws in one night at Landmark BKK whcih you can take or leave but as EVArrives 15.15 can be useful for anyone not wanting to make the late run to Patts.

Last;ly and defintely least, you get Nectar points in addition to the airmiles - and she sorts both of those out for you as well if you are nice to her hahahah

Could you PM her no? Would like some shiny new nectar pts! :allright

I'm looking to fly LHR-BKK with Eva in mid-June.Prices are £469 for economy or £789 for Elite premium economy.Can anyone advise if it's worth paying the extra £320 for premium? Especially regarding seating,i'm big-boned ;)

for some reason I am not allowed to PM, can someone advise on how I can get a free night at the landmark using the said travel agent? I'm looking to fly EVA LHR-BKK.

I'm looking to fly LHR-BKK with Eva in mid-June.Prices are £469 for economy or £789 for Elite premium economy.Can anyone advise if it's worth paying the extra £320 for premium? Especially regarding seating,i'm big-boned :bigsmile:

Probably not. I've never tried Economy but it doesn't look significantly inferior to Elite, which isn't a patch on the old Evergreen Deluxe.

Okay, Elite gives you a few extra inches on seat pitch, better choice of movies and a bigger screen, but it's usually fully booked, whereas Economy is often half empty so you can actually end up with more room.

I'd save the money and put it towards a Premium Laurel ticket for your next trip. PL is very nice if you're prepared to spend the dosh.

telmah

I am also a big guy but fly economy with Eva. Elite is not so good as Evergreen used to be. Save your money for more important things :bigsmile:

Going during this time of the year the flight may not be over crowded anyway, have a great time.

While I'm a little bit loathe to mention it (since I don't enjoy crowded planes any more than the next person), my cursed sense of citizenship and fair play has driven me to inform that as I was doing my daily search of fares from Eva (as I know they tend to have these little "spot sales"), I found that they have dropped fares for fall travel if departing in the U.S. from Seattle with cattle class Economy at $836 round trip, inclusive of all fees and taxes or $1,036 for Deluxe, all-in. My dates are 19 SEP to 07 OCT, so there's even a return on a Sunday in that pricing. When I checked Deluxe last week, it was $1,301 for the same dates and itinerary. I can't find the duration of that pricing listed anywhere, but the applicable dates of travel are for departures between 05 SEP and 31 OCT. If I'm looking at the fare rules correctly, the damn things are even refundable, less a $100 fee.

You may accurately conclude that I have reduced the number of available Deluxe seats (the still fly the 747's on this routing) by one.

You may now purchase at will.

Pen

Edited by PenName