Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Airbus and Boeing products running behind schedule

Yet again you have a dig a European engineering and manufacturing.

One thing I can give the European's major credit for. Killing mass number's of fellow European"s then calling on the USA to stop the killing. If I remember correctly we were called upon twice in the last century to stop you from killing each other.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys will have to carry on this ridiculous topic without BigD, but rest assured, he will be able to read it.

So few Rolls Royce Trent engines used on the A380 and so many problems.

Posted Images

And then the Euros decided they would have a large slice of the pie. :rolleyes:

If it wasn't for the EU taxpayer coming up with massive amounts of start up money and this continues today, taxpayer subsidies. Airbus would never have gotten off the ground.

"DATE:18/12/09

SOURCE:Air Transport Intelligence news

Boeing hails WTO warning by Congress

By Stephen Trimble

Boeing has praised 125 US lawmakers for signing a letter urging the US government to take action after the World Trade Organization (WTO) releases an "imminent" final ruling against Airbus.

The brief letter, spearheaded by Representatives Todd Tiahrt, of Kansas, and Norm Dicks, of Washington, was sent to President Barack Obama.

"Our policies should not reward foreign governments or companies that benefited from illegal subsidies," the letter says. "When the WTO's final ruling in this matter confirms U.S. claims that Airbus products were illegally subsidized, we will be committed to ensuring this principle is upheld."

In a separate news release, Boeing said the WTO decision could be reached soon. An interim ruling on 4 September reportedly found that Airbus accepted illegal subsidies to launch the A380.

Boeing's statement warned that Airbus wants to use the same practices to finance the A350.

"We look forward to working with Congress to ensure this matter of principle and of important policy is enforced," Boeing says.

The European Union is waiting for an interim ruling from the WTO in a case that accuses of Boeing of accepting illegal subsidies from the US government."

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2009/...y-congress.html

One thing I can give the European's major credit for. Killing mass number's of fellow European"s then calling on the USA to stop the killing. If I remember correctly we were called upon twice in the last century to stop you from killing each other.

Thread-fucking yet again BigBunky........ what has WW1 and WW2 got to do with commercial airplanes? :D

Wrong thread. Where's the report button? :unsure:

If it wasn't for the EU taxpayer coming up with massive amounts of start up money and this continues today, taxpayer subsidies. Airbus would never have gotten off the ground.

Where would we be without a couple of billion in government subsidies?

Go back to school and learn your history. :unsure:

Edited by eltib
Wrong thread. Where's the report button? :unsure:

Looking to having me banned?

Thread-fucking yet again BigBunky........ what has WW1 and WW2 got to do with commercial airplanes? :unsure:

I didn't see your response when other guys attack me by thread fucking. Seems your so selective with your outrage. WW1, WW2 has a great deal to to with Airbus building airplanes.

Big D, every now and again, you justify the doctored photograph!
Where would we be without a couple of billion in government subsidies?

Nowhere.

Big D, every now and again, you justify the doctored photograph!

The truth can be a bitch. BTW, I forgot to add in the Marshall Plan where we rebuilt Europe.

The truth can be a bitch. BTW, I forgot to add in the Marshall Plan where we rebuilt Europe.
WHATEVER........ anyhow thanks a bunch, we can now get along on our own, strong currency, build our own better aircraft and cars.

We Europeans have a responsibility to show less culturally developed places in the World how to behave. America professes to believe in "free markets" but anyone who sees how their companies, like Microsoft and Intel, behave know this is bunkum. Airbus sticks in their craw as it’s a case of beating them at their own game. :unsure:

WHATEVER........ anyhow thanks a bunch, we can now get along on our own, strong currency, build our own better aircraft and cars.

Would you PLEASE stop bringing up Anglia!

Would you PLEASE stop bringing up Anglia!

Joe,

The Anglia was undoubtedly one of the ugliest cars ever built. Made by Ford, wasn't it? 1luv

I bet BigD had one for cruising round Cambridge during his student days. :D

We Europeans have a responsibility to show less culturally developed places in the World how to behave. America professes to believe in "free markets" but anyone who sees how their companies, like Microsoft and Intel, behave know this is bunkum. Airbus sticks in their craw as it’s a case of beating them at their own game. 1luv

Simply not true. Both companies are privately run, with no government funds required.

You believe in Regulation, not free markets.

....Airbus sticks in their craw as it’s a case of beating them at their own game.

Holy Nonsense, Bullshit Man!

Airbust wouldn't even exist if it wasn't being supported by Spain, France, Germany, and England. Regardless of what spin you want to put on it Airbust has been taking illegal subsidizes. They couldn't have built the a380 otherwise and they are asking for more to build the a350.

If it were a level playing field Airbust would have folded years ago. Let's see what happens if the WTO pulls the rug out from under the Airbust magic act.

Edited by Samsonite
If it were a level playing field Airbust would have folded years ago. Let's see what happens if the WTO pulls the rug out from under the Airbust magic act.

Absolutely nothing. Is the US going to impose sanctions on the EU because of some industrial subsidies? 1luv Well, except that Boeing will get the tanker deal - which is what the WTO action was all about in the first place.

We Europeans have a responsibility to show less culturally developed places in the World how to behave.

Thank God for the European Colonial Powers. Reminds me of King Leopold and his fellow Belgians in the Congo Free State. They sure showed the natives how to behave. The level of brutality was amazing. It took the Europeans till 1939-1945 to surpass King Leopold and his boys in the Congo to show the world how European's behave.

Thank God for the European Colonial Powers. Reminds me of King Leopold and his fellow Belgians in the Congo Free State. They sure showed the natives how to behave. The level of brutality was amazing. It took the Europeans till 1939-1945 to surpass King Leopold and his boys in the Congo to show the world how European's behave.

Threadfucking yet again.... What has King Leopold got to do with Boeing?