Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Why is it so hard???

I posted this topic a little while back and now its only days to go with no response...I simply wish to share a cab ride to Pattaya to make it more fun and split the costs???....is that simple enough!!!

i.ve been on this board awhile now and seen several hunderd "share taxi" requestes but have only seen a handful of people on the board respond.

have to belive as unlikely as it seems, not many people on the same flights at the sametime that are on the board.

you'ld probably have better resuts wearing a pattaya tee-shirt on the plane and wondering around the plane and asking people where they are going.

chers

rb

i guess that the chances of a board member being on your plane and reading your post is quite small,

others on other planes arriving the same day may not want to wait for you to share a 1200 baht

taxi and prefer to get straight down to the action with no delay.

i guess that the chances of a board member being on your plane and reading your post is quite small,

others on other planes arriving the same day may not want to wait for you to share a 1200 baht

taxi and prefer to get straight down to the action with no delay.

I gave up on this after twice not getting a reply. When you think of the fairly small number of people who post on a regular basis, it's not that easy to find someone arriving even close to the same time as you.

I did once have one guy who was staying at the same hotel travelling on the same flight. Only problem was, he was travelling a day earlier than I was!

Alan

Guest Fatboyfat

This board can give a false impression as to the numbers who ACTUALLY visit Pattaya, especially from the transatlantic contingent. I have on occasions gone through a 3 week period without coming across a single American tourist (or even hearing one in the distance :D ). Also arrivals from the 3 predominent country/areas on this board are in general different; ie you will probably need to match with a traveller from Oz or NZ.

I have posted 4 times on this forum and so far had no luck at all,but out of my 4 trips I have shared a taxi twice as I got talking to guys on the flight who were coming to Pattaya also.I also cant believe that there are so few responses.

Thanks guys will also post on other forums and keep an ear out on the plane for other travellers with plans like mine...still a minor issue in the overall scheme of things...Jboy

screw it....if you get there during the day take the Bell Transport bus(150 baht)....they take you to your hotel in a mini van when you get to the bus station.

From the Airport - 8am, 10am, 12noon, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm.

If you want a pickup at the airport, you telephone 027474675-6 and they will tell you the gate to meet at.

rrc_bus@hotmail.com

You could also check the calendar and see if anyone else is arriving the same day and the PM them with your flight info and ask if they arrive at the same time.

I give a shout out in the baggage area and have been succesful in sharing a ride.

I posted this topic a little while back and now its only days to go with no response...I simply wish to share a cab ride to Pattaya to make it more fun and split the costs???....is that simple enough!!!

Well let's see.....

I one of your other posts you say that you are going to Bangkok and then to Pattaya, whilst in this post you are seeking to share transport to Pattaya. You've changed dates of when you are coming.

You say that this topic was posted earlier and yet when we look at the first entry you don't mention (or if you had you've deleted it) your arrival date or time and you are wondering why no replies?????

Edited by rightsaid

I have never posted or reponded to a taxi share requests because like people say the chances of similar flight times are fairly slim. However on my last two trips to LOS i have met people on the plane who are heading for Pattaya so both times shared a taxi and once a private car. Just speak to people at the airport or on the plane im sure you will find someone heading to Pattaya. If not listen to people calling for taxi and if they go to Pattaya ask if you could chip in and travel aswel....

I have never posted or reponded to a taxi share requests because like people say the chances of similar flight times are fairly slim. However on my last two trips to LOS i have met people on the plane who are heading for Pattaya so both times shared a taxi and once a private car. Just speak to people at the airport or on the plane im sure you will find someone heading to Pattaya. If not listen to people calling for taxi and if they go to Pattaya ask if you could chip in and travel aswel....

Spot on kadafi, if your at the airport and listen to people asking for taxi's to pattaya, ask if you can hop in with them. Nine times out of ten, someone will accept the invition and halve the cost. Happened to me. <grin

Try printing out PATTAYA in large letters. Attach the sign to your carryon when you get to the waiting area before the last leg of your journey. Bet that will get you a person to share the ride with.

"Anyone visiting 8 to 15 Aug let me know and maybe we can arrange some transport and catch up..Jboy"

First of all, it's sorta hard since you don't have a date and time as well as where from the ride is starting. Maybe posting time and date would have helped a little. Also instead of starting a new thread, you should have posted to your first thread and given a date and time.

I have posted on 'sharing rides' several time with getting hooked up twice. On both of these shar rides we have ended up being friends and have been back to Thailand and Pattaya many times again to meet up.

I will agree with the other posters, having someone else arriving at the airport at the same time going to Pattaya is slim to none. I just checked the calendar for my arrival date and I think there are 3 of us. Spread that out over a 24 hour period and from many countries, what are the chances that we arrive any time close to each other.

Not exspecting get a offer to share, I will post soon about my arrival at midnight the 20th of September from airport to Pattaya.

LeoTex

I've given a lift to a guy coming back from Singapore and shared a cab on a couple ,of occassions solely because I met them in the airport bar or on the plane. Not intentional or really trying to save money but sometimes you meet someone who is good company.

I've tried around 30 times and have never been successful. Came close on the last trip, problem was the other punter was a smoker and I'm not so that fell through. Probably the first time that I am successful either my flight or his will be a couple hour late. I agree with others that you'll probably have more success at the baggage carousel.

This is a send-up, right?

Do you figure it's simple to find someone arriving at the precise time you are, alone, and already thinking about the joys of a joint cab ride to Pattaya?

Or do you figure that if you can't find someone to pay the 600 baht, then your holiday is down the tubes?

You might want to take the free shuttle to the bus terminal at the airport, and get a bus to Pattaya.

as for joekicker....u idiot...the dates on this clearly show Ive been and gone....however as I dont allow this to annoy me I am going to return back to LOS for an extended period as it was awesome...!!!!

as for joekicker....u idiot...the dates on this clearly show Ive been and gone....however as I dont allow this to annoy me I am going to return back to LOS for an extended period as it was awesome...!!!!

So after you spent some time in Pattaya your intelligence improved and your realised how hugely silly your post was. Good.

No actually my intelligence is fine...it is you who chose not to read or check the dates on this issue initially...either way it is now not an issue and I will be back over there very soon...

PS If u wish to have a go at me by all means make some attempt but really I dont know why u need to.

:banana :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Here's what I've tried. After you get your bags go down stairs to the Taxi stand. It's runing about 1400 baht to Pattaya. there should be some people in line, give a shout anyone want to share a ride to Pattaya and see what happens.

also another good Idea it to ware a t-shirt saying Pattaya on the plane.

a lot of people just arn't on your schedual. don't take it personal on the replys