Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 187 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Anyone ever flown Air France to Bangkok?

Hi all,

Wouls appreciate some information please.

Air France seem to have the best deals for when i want to come back to Pattaya. Just wondered if anyone had flown with them and if so what their experience was like.

Flight is from LHR to Paris then to BKK. The leg from Paris to BKK is on a 747-400, does anyone know if there planes are decent - or old wrecks?

Thanks in advance,

G.

Only flew once with Air France, but that was in the nineties......

What I recall from that flight was that it was uneventfull, so that's good.

Good thing was that when arriving at CDG (Paris), a bus was waiting to take the transit passengers

to their aircraft, in my case BRU (brussels), this because of the delay we had en-route (bad weather).

Make sure you arrive in time : depending on the terminal where you have to be, it might mean that

you need to take a bus to go to another terminal....and that is timeconsuming.

Have a good flight !

Jay

Air France is okay. It's a big airline, usually safe, usually leaves on time, generally gets you where you're going, all the seats land at the same time, etc. Nothing exceptional, good or bad. It works. No reason NOT to fly it if it's attractive somehow.

No problem with Air France, but I'd go a long way to avoid CDG.

Depending on where you're starting from, try looking at routing via AMS. Both EVA and China Airlines are pretty cheap on the Amsterdam - Bangkok route and Schipol is fairly civilized (for an airport).

Air France USED to have the best FF club, with their Red Card always got an upgrade...then it all stopped...surly staff.....and CDG, forget it, the only way I would fly back there is if someone could get me a bombadier's seat in a B52.

Edited by Regyai
Air France planes and service are OK (not the best and not the worst).

However CDG airport is a shambles, not easy to navigate from one terminal

to another, and rather rude staff.

I will agree on that. Last week I flew Air France (very shitty food by the way) from Zurich to Seattle through Paris and it was a real pain in the ass. Since you need to take a bus from terminal to terminal you need to go through security again, the folks working this made the US staff seem top notch. I had over an hour and half between flights and the flight was boarding by the time I got to the gate.

Have to put my two cents in.....flew with them twice recently through CDG...airport is old and outdated and just hope you do not have a long layover there. If you have less than a 3 hour layover then get to your next gate as soon as you land. The buses that come around and take you around take their sweet time and then you have to go through a scan again and its always backlogged.

Actually got bumped to business class on my last flight on a cheap airfare and I about fell over in shock. I am a skyteam member and thats why I go with them and put up with CDG. If it wasnt for that.... :allright is what I would tell Air France....course I am using them again in a month for a business trip....through CDG. I need the 20K miles to pad my account for free trips for I am always thinking about being "BKK Bound"...go figure.

LHR and CDG, some sort of massochist? :D

I prefer to use KLM, same mileage club!

I have flown with Air France Manchester -Paris -Guangzhou, and found them to be OK but not brilliant! Reasom I chose them was the flight was way cheaper than anybody else. Didn't like the transfer arrangements at CDG.

Flew KLM Newcastle - Amsterdam - Bangkok and wasn't impressed.

Now will only fly with Emirates, well impressed with them and managed to book Newcastle - Dubai - Bangkok for £490 on 23/11 returning 21/12.

I found that being a little flexible with my dates I was able to get a price I was happy with. I could have got it for £50 cheaper by flying Newcastle -Dubai - Hong Kong - Bangkok and return Bangkok - Dubai -Newcastle but didn't fancy the longer flight times and a midnight arrival!!!