Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Mr. T vs. Mr. Toon

Get the bus you idiot - it costs 150 baht and you get a free short time (or 2 if you're a good negotiator).

WTF?

Andy Cap

Who ??, me :banana

This year i treated myself, flying Thai airways and landing at 0610am(hopefully) in a comfortable

part of the plane with 9 other people in my cabin.

2211296503_c3bfa0249f.jpg

If all goes well, i will be through customs like a rocket and be outside the airport by 0630am

and then wait for the first bell bus at 0800am to save 1050 baht.

Or option 2, outside airport at 0630am, taxi waiting and in Pattaya by 0800am, drop off bags

and change into shorts and flip flops and out for a beer on beach road by 0830am.

Let me think about this

4497673 seconds

Who ??, me :D

This year i treated myself, flying Thai airways and landing at 0610am(hopefully) in a comfortable

part of the plane with 9 other people in my cabin.

2211296503_c3bfa0249f.jpg

If all goes well, i will be through customs like a rocket and be outside the airport by 0630am

and then wait for the first bell bus at 0800am to save 1050 baht.

Or option 2, outside airport at 0630am, taxi waiting and in Pattaya by 0800am, drop off bags

and change into shorts and flip flops and out for a beer on beach road by 0830am.

Let me think about this :clap2

Hi glynbuk

That cabin looks nice but pricey. Just as well we're not all the same..... I guess you have loads-a-money or perks that get you that sort of luxury cheap(er) - good for you. I used to fly in a Gulfstream private jet when I worked for Disney shops in Saudi - that was free - and they let me sit in the jump seat on landings too. But I digress.... Never been a great one for so-called "luxury" and tell me something is "exclusive" and I run a mile. I don't come to Thailand to be hermetically sealed off from the place and pay a premium for it.

So my point is..... if you get the bus back as well - that's 4 STs - still can't tempt you (HEL-LO!) ??

Big smile from that nice Bell lady - reserved or not, no pompem! Chill out max. 90 minutes at the airport watching the world go by (giving the girls marks out of 10 for fun) preparing brain for the wonder that is Pattaya. Get on bus, put on seatbelt, fall asleep (two times I took Secrets limo I slept the whole way anyway), get woken up at Pattaya bus station. Jump into minibus, have a chat with other passengers (if there are any), quick shower at hotel then go out and start spending the 2100 baht that I've saved.

Horses for courses.... :banghead But... sincerely... enjoy your treat!!!

Andy Cap

Edited by capdagde
Hi glynbuk

That cabin looks nice but pricey. Just as well we're not all the same..... I guess you have loads-a-money or perks that get you that sort of luxury cheap(er) .........

So my point is..... if you get the bus back as well - that's 4 STs - still can't tempt you (HEL-LO!) ??

Big smile from that nice Bell lady - reserved or not, no pompem! Chill out max. 90 minutes at the airport watching the world go by (giving the girls marks out of 10 for fun) preparing brain for the wonder that is Pattaya. Get on bus, put on seatbelt, fall asleep (two times I took Secrets limo I slept the whole way anyway), get woken up at Pattaya bus station. Jump into minibus, have a chat with other passengers (if there are any), quick shower at hotel then go out and start spending the 2100 baht that I've saved.

Horses for courses.... :D But... sincerely... enjoy your treat!!!

Andy Cap

Yes it was expensive but i have a credit card with 15 months interest free credit, so i thought, what the heck :banghead

The thought of the bus had crossed my mind, a little slower pace down to patts and see the views at leisure

but i cannot decide, my guess is i will go with the taxi.

Thanks for your input though Andy :clap2

The bus I usually take is not bell as it doesn't work with landings of my flights.

I always try, though. If the wait is more than an hour, I go to the bus terminal

in the airport using the shuttle, and head down from there. The departure

schedule is in between the gap in the Bell schedule. It's all good.

I used Mr Toom to the airport in October. The driver found the house and was slightly early. No problems, 1000 baht.

On my return I have been using the airport taxi, after reading a lot of posts here putting down the service of the 2 Mr Ts! I also felt I could not guarrantee my arrival time, and hunting for someone in the hawking crowds with bleary eyes was always a worry. I thought it was only 200 baht more. But beware, on my arrival the lady would not tell me a fixed price to Pattaya... she now says 'have to ask driver'. She has likely been paid off. :bigsmile: This is LOS! Haggled down from 1500 to 1400....but with the 50 baht surcharge and tolls on top this is too much of a differnce. Back to Mr Toom.

Edited by jacko

I have always used, and refer all my friends to Mr. Dim's Taxi service. He is a great guy in person, speaks English very well. He has a nice sized newer mini-van, so can take several people at a time if your arriving with friends. Smoking is allowed, and he is more then happy to slow down or even pull over to let you get some pictures.

He has taken me to get my Sak Yant tattoos done, and stayed the entire time with me, translating when necessary. He will do everything from airport pickups/dropoffs, day trips, and even any of the touristy stuff like the tiger zoo or the crocodile farm. I would recommend him to anyone I know, as he has not only never been late for any of my friends or myself, but always shows up early. The only driver I know that has a 100% approval rating from my friends and myself.

His prices are very comparable with all the other transports, with pickups form BKK to Pattaya running 1200baht.

His number is #0890526749. If you need to arrange a pickup by email, I make nothing from his service, he is just a good friend, and a good man, so I do all that I can to give him all my and my friends business. Feel free to email me, and I will make sure he gets your info to setup the pickup.

email to: the3sombarpattaya@yahoo.com

In a few weeks, I will finally convince him to get his own email so you can contact him directly that way lol.

This is all good info in this thread.

I used Mr. Toom once before ... the driver showed up at the airport in a real old junky car. Think it was an old Volvo or something ... Never again with Mr. Toom.

Tried another company on the trip after that one. Might have been called Pattaya Limo Service (or something like that) ... They were a no show! Had to get a metered taxi from the airport down to Pattaya at midnight. The driver had no clue where anything was in Pattaya. Drove around lost for about an hour.

Well, in about a week, me and my wife are coming to Thailand again from the PI. Flight arrives at about midnight .... I guess I will now try this Mr. T

How much is Mr. T charging from the airport to Pattaya nowdays? .... I guess you also have to pay the tolls in addition to the driver's regular charge?

What do you folks usually tip the driver when you get down to Pattaya if everything turns out ok?

Thank's :)

How much is Mr. T charging from the airport to Pattaya nowdays? .... I guess you also have to pay the tolls in addition to the driver's regular charge?

What do you folks usually tip the driver when you get down to Pattaya if everything turns out ok?

Thank's :)

Mr T is 1000 which includes parking and tolls. I tip 100 For the return Mr T charges 900 baht including tolls. 100 baht lower as there are no parking charges and no waiting time.