Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use AVG but I am now receiving a message that I have to buy the subscription version .... any ideas why the free version is no longer available?

Edited by som nam na

I quit using Norton a couple of years ago when it got too resource hungry. When I installed Windows 7, I had a free ninety day trial of Norton Internet Security 2010. I found that it had changed a lot. It is fast, light and you don't know it is even there. It rates very high in the ratings. It cost about $55 but that licenses three computers.

After using AVG and having BIG problems, I made up my mind that I would NEVER use another free anti-virus program.

Norton.jpg

I too use AVG, free version. I have also been using Lavasoft's Ad-Aware spyware detection for years. They have recently upgraded to a full antivirus suite, still free at this point.

Just to make sure they are working I have downloaded from Norton's site a 'free virus scan' program. It updates everytime you load it and scans your system. If it finds anything, it asks you to purchase full program to fix it. So far it has only found spyware, which AVG and and Ad-Aware handle easily.

AVG-FREE and a good spyware scanner

Spybot or Ad-aware are good spyware scanners to choose from.

I have been using for them for years with no problems, just make sure you DO keep it updated

take a look at downloads.com for all your needs.

Edited by farman

I quit using Norton a couple of years ago when it got too resource hungry. When I installed Windows 7, I had a free ninety day trial of Norton Internet Security 2010. I found that it had changed a lot. It is fast, light and you don't know it is even there. It rates very high in the ratings. It cost about $55 but that licenses three computers.

After using AVG and having BIG problems, I made up my mind that I would NEVER use another free anti-virus program.

/quote]

I agree with Gary, Norton is the way to go. Well worth the money.

like the other guys i got fed up with Nortons as it outgrew its base idea. Tried the freebies, but none seemed to tick all the right boxes, little drawbacks with each.

Have been using Panda for the last couple of years. No problems at all, even had to reinstall after my old computer went tits up.

:leaving

Avast! (the exclamation point is part of the name) has been so good in the free home version that I paid for the professional version for my business. No problems, very fast and self loads updates.

Even the new Norton is a system hog, and after you install they will try to get you to pay more for a somewhat faster upgrade. The only thing fast about Norton is their loss of market share in the last 2 years.

Edited by mendobrew

All of the major freeware anti-virus software is better than most or all of the for-pay stuff. At the moment, the best single protective software package for Windows is the free Microsoft Security Essentials.

Edited by joekicker