Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 484 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

From the time you disembark the plane allow about 40 minutes to get through immigration and collect your bag, I have done it in 25 minutes only because I was first in line at immigration and my bag was one of the first out.

You will have plenty of time if your plane is not delayed, if you miss the bus then you should be able to get a taxi for 1000 tolls included provided you bargain.

From the time you disembark the plane allow about 40 minutes to get through immigration and collect your bag, I have done it in 25 minutes only because I was first in line at immigration and my bag was one of the first out.

You will have plenty of time if your plane is not delayed, if you miss the bus then you should be able to get a taxi for 1000 tolls included provided you bargain.

Agreed but if you are delayed I'd go to the Bell Travel agent and ask what time the next bus is and if there is there room for you. If the timing or seat availability is not good then go for a taxi.

Glyn.

Agreed but if you are delayed I'd go to the Bell Travel agent and ask what time the next bus is and if there is there room for you. If the timing or seat availability is not good then go for a taxi.

Glyn.

the bus runs every 2 hours its 200 baht and it takes you to your hotel in under 2 hours

And if you miss the bus you can take the shuttle to the bus station and catch the other companies coach.

And get dropped off on Sukhumvit Road from where a baht bus will charge you more for the 5 to 10 minute trip to your hotel than the 90 minute run from the airport cost you. Never again thank you. :angry2:

Glyn.

If you are running a little late, dont despair. I have gone downstairs around 10 minutes past the hour of departure and the bus has still been loading. make the effort to go down and check before you abandon all hope.

As somebody said, less than 10 min to the bus after you have collected the luggage. Very easy to locate. Even if you come out of the wrong gate at ground level, you can run to the bus.

They will wait atleast 5 min for you beyond departure if have a pre booking

Even if you do miss the bus, they will happily accomodate you in the next bus unlike in US of A...

They will wait at least 5 min for you beyond departure if have a pre booking

If you believe their website, you cannot take the bus WITHOUT a pre-booking.

As somebody said, less than 10 min to the bus after you have collected the luggage. Very easy to locate. Even if you come out of the wrong gate at ground level, you can run to the bus.

They will wait atleast 5 min for you beyond departure if have a pre booking

Even if you do miss the bus, they will happily accomodate you in the next bus unlike in US of A...

sure they do, but then you are waiting up to 2 hours for the next bus .... :chogdee

Glyn.

If i missed the bus I would not wait 2 hours for the next one, I would just take a taxi

PB#1

think price is 350 now.dont need to book,in june i think i was the only one on board who had booked.

Both these statements are incorrect.

The fare is still 200 Baht.

Bell now say:

Passenger for Suvarnabhumi Airport

"We do not accept walk-in passengers"

All passengers must reserve your seats in advance through the web site, otherwise we cannot serve you.

We apologise for this inconvenience.

Bell Travel Service Team

http://www.belltravelservice.com/index.php

Here is the latest from the Bell Bus website. This is a pop up as soon as their home page loads:

Dear All Valued Customers,

In the past, there were many passengers reserved seats in advance and did not show up.

Therefore within 10 minutes before bus time, we will allocate your reserved seats to other passengers if there are passengers waiting for the bus.

But if you are on your way to the bus please kindly call our staff to let us know that you will be travelling with us. Then we will keep the seats for you.

Thank you for your understanding and co-operation.

Bell Travel Service Team

If you believe their website, you cannot take the bus WITHOUT a pre-booking.

You can. The price is still 200B. I have an email confirmation from them...I'll try to find it and post it here...

PS: I don't know if they have changed their rules now...

Edited by sick buffalo

Here's the message. Note it is dated Aug 2009...

Dear XXX,

Yes, you can do that. The fare is still the same 200 baht/person to hotel in our service area.

Thank you and best regards,

Sirisong Haewan

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 2:56 PM, wrote:

Name: XXX

Phone: +9XXX

E-Mail: XXX@yahoo.com

Topic: About Services

Is it OK if I do not make a reservation but land up at the airport and take the next available bus to Pattaya? Will I still be charged 200B to my hotel?

I am asking because I do not know what time I will land at the airport. It will depend on my connection from Singapore to Bangkok. I do not yet have a confirmed ticket.

please clarify,

Thanks and regards,

XXX

--

Bell Travel Service Co., Ltd.

Tel. Bangkok Office: 02-747-4673, 02-747-4675

Tel. Pattaya Office: 038-370-055, 038-370-056

Suvarnabhumi airport: 086-345-8442 and 086-345-8441

sure they do, but then you are waiting up to 2 hours for the next bus .... :kissing

Hey the delayed flight could land 30 min before the next bus... :chogdee

Here's the message. Note it is dated Aug 2009...

Indeed. The message about needing to book came up on their website long after that.

I suspect that they need to conform to some airport rules and were brought to task. However, I also suspect that if you have not booked and there are seats available, you will be treated "flexibly"

from the booking site. Bus fare:

* 350 Baht/person

* The fare includes pick-up and drop-off service from and to your hotel only in service area.

Are you sure you chose Airport-Pattaya? I logged into my account. It confirmed a price of 200. Here....

passenger informationRequired fieldtrip information

route Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya

date 29 Nov 2010

time 08:00

pick up location Airport

drop off location Canterbury Tales

Add Passengers (You can add up to 20 passengers, by submitting one by one in each row.)

no. title name lastname room mobile

1. mr XXX 111 80467543 delete | edit

ADD

Total Fares (Thai Baht) 200

Checked again...

Bangkok - Pattaya is 350

Airport-Pattaya is 200

The 350 baht fare is Pattaya to Bangkok, and includes pick up at your Pattaya hotel and drop off at your Bangkok one.

More distance, messing about getting to your Bangkok hotel, more price.

Quite honestly, I can't praise the bell bus service enough, I don't want the hassle of getting a taxi and negotiating prices after a long flight. They always drive too fast and you never quite know whether you are going the right way. 200 baht door to door is the bargain of the year in LOS.