Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I've always used the 009 prefix, but this trip it doesn't seem to be cheap - around 20 Baht a minute as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have any other options that might be cheaper?

Thanks

I've always used the 009 prefix, but this trip it doesn't seem to be cheap - around 20 Baht a minute as far as I can tell.

Should be around 7 baht. It (often) depends on what SIM/carrier you use.

Try 007, 008.

I use O2 pay and go your country tariff, I top up £15 a month and get 90 minutes free overseas calls

sorry misread the thread title..free calls TO UK :unsure:

Can't you use Skype on your cell phone?

Skype is the best. can use it with my ipone with wirless and even get a video call with the grandchildren free of charge

Edited by shaul_19
Skype is the best. can use it with my ipone with wirless and even get a video call with the grandchildren free of charge
Well Bill Gates owns it now so expect some changes. :whistling:

You have a number of options.

1 - Cat Card go to Cat on Pattaya Tai near the junction with 3rd Road and buy a Card there you can use it with your mobile. 300 Baht will get you approx 2 hours to a UK landline.

2 - VOIP Service such as Skype but a cheaper one for calling Landlines is www.Voipcheap.com you can download an App for your iCon, Winmo or Android as long as you have credit you can call UK landlines free of charge.

3 - The above on your Laptop or PC instead of your Mobile.

Guest King_Midas

Deedial is 1 Baht to UK landlines and 6 Baht to mobiles.

Several calling cards in Tops etc around 4-5 baht to UK mobiles.

Does anyone have any other options that might be cheaper?

Thanks

Buy a true international sim from 7/11 49bht for sim 90 bht to charge it, can call uk landlines cheaply for 1bht per minute. to dial uk on it 00600 44 if calling mobiles not so cheap about 6bht per min sim lasts 1 year after 1st top up

Well, I finally remembered to check my balance before and after a UK call. Looks like the 009 prefix does still give about 7 Baht a minute. Somehow I dropped about 200 Baht around the time of my first call home, looks like it wasn't that call after all. :clueless I know that it's possible for a girl to transfer credits from one phone to another, but I've only had my regular overnight and I doubt if she'd do that, so I'll just write it off as "one of those things". TIT after all.

Thanks for all the advice folks, normally I just call my (elderly) mother a couple of times a week when I'm out here, I can live with 7 Baht a minute. :D

Guest King_Midas

Well, I finally remembered to check my balance before and after a UK call. Looks like the 009 prefix does still give about 7 Baht a minute. Somehow I dropped about 200 Baht around the time of my first call home, looks like it wasn't that call after all. :clueless I know that it's possible for a girl to transfer credits from one phone to another, but I've only had my regular overnight and I doubt if she'd do that, so I'll just write it off as "one of those things". TIT after all.

Thanks for all the advice folks, normally I just call my (elderly) mother a couple of times a week when I'm out here, I can live with 7 Baht a minute. :D

Maybe you dropped the 9 by accident from the initial call using just 0044 which is around 20 baht a minute ?

Maybe you dropped the 9 by accident from the initial call using just 0044 which is around 20 baht a minute ?

Or the regular overnighter might be less trustworthy than thought.... :whistling:

For calls to the uk do you just dial 0090044 then your city code and number

oops, I think it is 00944....

Buy a true international sim from 7/11 49bht for sim 90 bht to charge it, can call uk landlines cheaply for 1bht per minute. to dial uk on it 00600 44 if calling mobiles not so cheap about 6bht per min sim lasts 1 year after 1st top up

Is there a particular make for these or do , for example, 12call sell them? and you do mean a sim, not a calling card.

Is there a particular make for these or do , for example, 12call sell them? and you do mean a sim, not a calling card.

Well CAT sell calling cards for example.... and once used the system logs your number and attaches it to the say 500 baht credit. The old fashioned thing where you have to type in loads of numbers.

But valkyrie was describing a TRUE SIM.

Edited by jacko

Doubt it, the number's on a speed-dial.

Jacko, That's always possible.

• 2 weeks later...

On One-2-Call, it is 005 followed by 00 and then the number you are trying to call overseas. The guy in my local 7/11 told me it was 3 Baht per minute to call the UK.