Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Learning to play golf in Pattaya

hello all

I am coming to patts for 2 months from mid october and want to learn to play golf. I currently play maybe 1 time a year for a charity day so am a complete novice. I will bring my own clubs to Patts.

Can anyone help with the best way to go about it and some ideas on costs. I am guessing lessons on a driving range etc. I will have a motorbike and am an experienced rider so can travel with clubs on bike.

Any advice and recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers

:chogdee :chogdee

There is a girl from FLB that is an avid golfer and teaches others how to play.. Anyone recall her name, that might be a fun way to learn to play the game!

hello all

I am coming to patts for 2 months from mid october and want to learn to play golf. I currently play maybe 1 time a year for a charity day so am a complete novice. I will bring my own clubs to Patts.

Can anyone help with the best way to go about it and some ideas on costs. I am guessing lessons on a driving range etc. I will have a motorbike and am an experienced rider so can travel with clubs on bike.

Any advice and recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers

:chogdee :chogdee

THE DRUNKEN DUCK is starting golf trips in the next few weeks

go see TTT ting tong tony and he will give you any help you want

There is a girl from FLB that is an avid golfer and teaches others how to play.. Anyone recall her name, that might be a fun way to learn to play the game!

Mod.

IMHO you need to contact Calum of Solor Golf.

HIs board name is Doghaus. He runs the annual FLB Ride Her Cup, and is a very good guy... One of the best I know in Pattaya. He would be happy to give you all the info you need. If you prefer to call him, his number is:

For help with planning your golf holiday to Thailand, call our UK office on

+44208 441 8377

If you are outside UK, then call us in Thailand on

+66 836 184449

or skype us solar.golf.

Edited by frostfire

IMHO you need to contact Calum of Solor Golf.

Good advice. Someone like this will put you in touch with the right pros. A couple of nights at a driving range, a couple of days on the course - and you'll be cursing and throwing your clubs with the best of them.

Try David Race from Diana Driving Range phone: 0811614209, I can highly recommend him.

Mod is the first to admit that she doesn't have the patience to teach people to play golf.

David charges 1000B per hour which is pretty good value.

Once you've got yourself a few lessons under your belt contact either Callum or Mod and they'll be able to take you around one of the many golf courses.

Eventually you'd might like to hook up with one of the many golf clubs running out some of the bars. But one step at a time.

BTW, I'm in the process of learning also so when you get in give me a call. I'll PM you my number if you want?

Cheers,

Alf.

• 2 weeks later...

Try David Race from Diana Driving Range phone: 0811614209, I can highly recommend him.

Mod is the first to admit that she doesn't have the patience to teach people to play golf.

David charges 1000B per hour which is pretty good value.

Once you've got yourself a few lessons under your belt contact either Callum or Mod and they'll be able to take you around one of the many golf courses.

Eventually you'd might like to hook up with one of the many golf clubs running out some of the bars. But one step at a time.

BTW, I'm in the process of learning also so when you get in give me a call. I'll PM you my number if you want?

Cheers,

Alf.

Happy to help with this. Just email me at sales@solargolf.co.uk.

I have been thinking of running a "Learn to Play Golf Week during the low season if there are enough takers. Might get round to advertising it on our website when we have something ready. www.solargolf.com.

Thanks for the reference Frosty.

Callum

Happy to help with this. Just email me at sales@solargolf.co.uk.

I have been thinking of running a "Learn to Play Golf Week during the low season if there are enough takers. Might get round to advertising it on our website when we have something ready. www.solargolf.com.

Thanks for the reference Frosty.

Callum

More details on the "Learn to Play Golf Week" as I'd be interested.

A couple of nights at a driving range, a couple of days on the course ...

There use to be driving ranges on 3rd Rd.

I think there is still one at the Pattaya Nua side of 3rd Road.

Any information about it? about price?

There use to be driving ranges on 3rd Rd.

I think there is still one at the Pattaya Nua side of 3rd Road.

Any information about it? about price?

"A couple of nights at a driving range, a couple of days on the course ..."

If you're a complete beginner, I'd strongly advise a couple of lessons first. You use the driving range to practice and to embed muscle memory so that, on the course, your swing is automatic. But it's no use (even harmful) to practice, and embed, bad habits. Any teaching pro will tell you that they spend longer breaking bad habits than teaching new stuff. You need to be shown the basics before you start, it'll serve you better in the long run.

"A couple of nights at a driving range, a couple of days on the course ..."

If you're a complete beginner, I'd strongly advise a couple of lessons first. You use the driving range to practice and to embed muscle memory so that, on the course, your swing is automatic. But it's no use (even harmful) to practice, and embed, bad habits. Any teaching pro will tell you that they spend longer breaking bad habits than teaching new stuff. You need to be shown the basics before you start, it'll serve you better in the long run.

That is sound advice. Take lessons from a pro as early on in your game as you can.

It's not even a good idea to try the game first to see if you like it before taking a lesson. You don't have to be a great golfer to love the game, but being a terrible golfer simply because you don't know how to correctly swing the club can make it very un-enjoyable.

I no longer golf because of a shoulder injury. However, if I ever decide to try and play the first thing I will do is take lessons. Hopefully some of my bad habits will have been forgotten.

Some people can pick the game up and play without any lessons. If you have good hand eye coordination,are somewhat athletic with a good range of motion you can get good with practice. If not get lessons before you start. You will pay good money for years and years, you will practice and practice and in the end....You will still suck. As long as you enjoy it then its all good. :chogdee

A couple other things . . . . .

There is more free advice on the golf swing than probably on every other sport out there combined. Almost all of it is wrong.

As a corollary to the above, don't get too wrapped up in reading all the golf books and magazine articles that are out there. After a while they seem to contradict one another. The only exceptions are Ben Hogan's "Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf", Hervey Penicks's "Little Red Book", and Tom Watson's book on the short game.

Don't get sucked into buying any of the gadgets that are out there. Their inventors haven't discovered any "secret", except how to separate golfers from their money.

And the most important tip I can offer: Don't take it too seriously and just try to have fun. Michael Jordan, perhaps the greatest basketball player ever, calls golf the hardest thing he has ever tried to do, and he isn't any better at golf than I am (we have about the same handicap).