Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 269 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Checked in on Friday for a week and was asked for credit card. I said no I will pay in cash, which I did. So they haven't and will not see my card.

I've had enough of hotels and rent a car holding out thousands of Baht for a few weeks. They blame the banks, banks blame them.

Papadoc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I was at home I was in a better place.

Alas, we travellers must be content.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tell u what, don't flatter yourself! you just ignore my posts. I think that would be best. You simply bore me. I believe if more BM's adopted this attitude then perhaps you would not feel obliged to

Well, you are being a cunt, your word, get a life, though, not that I care. But cunts, like you, don't help. This is my first attempt to post photos.   Glad I bothered.   I accept that this bo

I know that other BM's as are interested in this hotel I am, so I will try to post a few pics I took only last week:         The hotel really does seem to be on the up. I just hope the loca

Posted Images

. I don't trust Thailand with Credit Cards......

neither do i and neither does Citibank , i usually pay 1000 cash deposit and pay by CC on depature about 10 seconds after the CC is processed my phone rings to inform me that my card has just been used in Thailand, they honour that transaction but cancel and reissue me with a new card.

neither do i and neither does Citibank , i usually pay 1000 cash deposit and pay by CC on depature about 10 seconds after the CC is processed my phone rings to inform me that my card has just been used in Thailand, they honour that transaction but cancel and reissue me with a new card.

One time I was at the US Embassy in Bangkok and some guy was there next to be having an affadavit notarized for Cititbank about some fraudulent charges that had been made on his charge card. He had used his card in Bangkok and thereafter, someone ran up $300,000.00 of additional charges. Why he had such a high credit limit or how the bank let it go so far, I'm not sure. Anyway, I try not to use credit cards in Thailand.

...Anyway, I try not to use credit cards in Thailand.

Whilst there must be problems from time to time, I can honestly say than in ten years worth of visits to Thailand I have used credit cards to pay for hotels and to raise cash at ATMs and have never had a problem with fraudulent charges.

In fact the only time I have had a problem was in the UK with a card I only used for internet purchases – I had literally never taken it out of my house. Someone kindly used it to top-up a mobile ‘phone to the tune of £100. Had it quickly refunded by the bank.

I always keep one card for internet transactions only, with the credit limit set to £100, which I use to buy books, DVDs, CDs, etc. Bigger internet purchases (airline tickets, etc) go on a cashback card.

One time I was at the US Embassy in Bangkok and some guy was there next to be having an affadavit notarized for Cititbank about some fraudulent charges that had been made on his charge card. He had used his card in Bangkok and thereafter, someone ran up $300,000.00 of additional charges. Why he had such a high credit limit or how the bank let it go so far, I'm not sure. Anyway, I try not to use credit cards in Thailand.

Perhaps it was actually an Amex charge card?
  • 2 months later...

Thought I'd share my recent experience regards booking the Sabai Wing online. I am sure its the same for Sabai Lodge. I know Sabai Inn is different.

I have stayed in Sabai Lodge/Wing maybe 18 times over the last 7 years or so. So, obviously I like the place. Never had any probs or been asked for any money up front on booking.

Last week I emailed Sabai Lodge to confirm availability at advertised web price of 1200Tbt for Deluxe Pool View. My email was answered promptly confirming availability and that the price would be 1250Tbt per night and 1250Tht for my late checkout. Previosly a late checkout was half the nightly rate! When I queried this price I was told that web price was a "special price" that I could only get if I confirmed and payed now in full. I just made my reservation and payed nothing so I will pay 1250Tbt a night, hopefully on checking out. Intend to say I have no CC on arrival. Will see what happens.

Would you pay a Thai hotel the full amount, 5 months in advance to save £16 / 800Tbt ?

This combined with comments from others re paying on arrival, full price for late checkout, policy change re online prices, maybe Sabai feel there may still be building noise even when I will be there in May and check out after 2 nights?

This all displays, I feel, a change in attitude by Sabai. Perhaps its just got so popular, many Russians etc, they now call the shots and if you don't like it then too bad.

Edited by python

Perhaps it was actually an Amex charge card?

No, the guy said it was Citibank.

In any event, no hotel has ever demanded that I use a credit card. In fact, I had to resort to travelers checks one time when my cards were declined (the bank thought the chargers were fraudulent, since they came from Thailand). Usually, a periodic deposit of cash will work. For example, you're going to stay two weeks. On check in, you leave a deposit and, ever couple of days, top up your account. How can they complain about that? In the end, they settle the bill and refund any extra I've paid.

Another thing I sometimes do is to pay for the room up front through Agoda. I charge the whole thing to my card and that's that. The hotel is paid and I haven't given the front desk my card. Of course, some places, like small hotels and guest houses, only take cash, which is fine with me.

• 5 months later...

Thought I'd share my recent experience regards booking the Sabai Wing online. I am sure its the same for Sabai Lodge. I know Sabai Inn is different.

I have stayed in Sabai Lodge/Wing maybe 18 times over the last 7 years or so. So, obviously I like the place. Never had any probs or been asked for any money up front on booking.

Last week I emailed Sabai Lodge to confirm availability at advertised web price of 1200Tbt for Deluxe Pool View. My email was answered promptly confirming availability and that the price would be 1250Tbt per night and 1250Tht for my late checkout. Previosly a late checkout was half the nightly rate! When I queried this price I was told that web price was a "special price" that I could only get if I confirmed and payed now in full. I just made my reservation and payed nothing so I will pay 1250Tbt a night, hopefully on checking out. Intend to say I have no CC on arrival. Will see what happens.

Would you pay a Thai hotel the full amount, 5 months in advance to save £16 / 800Tbt ?

This combined with comments from others re paying on arrival, full price for late checkout, policy change re online prices, maybe Sabai feel there may still be building noise even when I will be there in May and check out after 2 nights?

This all displays, I feel, a change in attitude by Sabai. Perhaps its just got so popular, many Russians etc, they now call the shots and if you don't like it then too bad.

So did you end up having to produce a cc or did they let u pay cash at the end of your trip?

Albez,

On arrival at Sabai Wing, early last month, I was asked to produce a credit card as I expected, but I was also asked if I wanted to pay now or later. Naturally, I said I would pay later, "no problem" came the reply so I payed 16 days later in full by cc at lunchtime prior to leaving that evening.

A couple of other things I noticed on my stay was the you no longer can get towels at the pool and the noise at times, at the Ruan Thai/Garden pool as the constructionof the huge hotel at the top of Soi 2 continues.

Another thing that I experienced, a BG from Soi 3 who pissed me off, so I told her where to go and left her in her bar. I went elsewhere to drink just to see her pass by later with 2 girls carrying a bag that she had left in my room earlier. I thought WTF!!!! I returned to hotel and spoke with the Duty Manager at reception. I was pretty angry, I asked why he allowed access to a stranger? how he knew it was her property she was removing, what if any of my personal items are missing from my room? all meet with a shrug of the shoulders. Spoke with General Manager next day, he agreed with me and denied this could happen so informed him this was logged in the occurrence book at reception. He assurred me he would get back to me but never did. This would not have happened before.

My attitude is changing towards Sabai Wing & Sabai Lodge.

Albez,

On arrival at Sabai Wing, early last month, I was asked to produce a credit card as I expected, but I was also asked if I wanted to pay now or later. Naturally, I said I would pay later, "no problem" came the reply so I payed 16 days later in full by cc at lunchtime prior to leaving that evening.

A couple of other things I noticed on my stay was the you no longer can get towels at the pool and the noise at times, at the Ruan Thai/Garden pool as the constructionof the huge hotel at the top of Soi 2 continues.

Another thing that I experienced, a BG from Soi 3 who pissed me off, so I told her where to go and left her in her bar. I went elsewhere to drink just to see her pass by later with 2 girls carrying a bag that she had left in my room earlier. I thought WTF!!!! I returned to hotel and spoke with the Duty Manager at reception. I was pretty angry, I asked why he allowed access to a stranger? how he knew it was her property she was removing, what if any of my personal items are missing from my room? all meet with a shrug of the shoulders. Spoke with General Manager next day, he agreed with me and denied this could happen so informed him this was logged in the occurrence book at reception. He assurred me he would get back to me but never did. This would not have happened before.

My attitude is changing towards Sabai Wing & Sabai Lodge.

Wow, think I would of changed hotel if that happened to me.. I take it all your valuables were locked up in the safe?

Is it different management at sabai wing and sabai lodge?

Also how is the construction at the top of the soi.. is it nearly finished?

Mates and I stayed at the Sabai Wing in June this year

for 2 weeks. I was asked for credit card as usual and

for my ladies card and signature so she could sign for

anything she ordered.

Found the rooms with Balcony well appointed and quite

large 2 bottles of water free everyday but they were

slack if you didn't drink 2 they didn't give you 2.

Mini Bar was reasonably priced.

I left everything out computer phone and no probs.

In room safe was good. Laundry put in before 11am

and you got it the same day. 200bht for GF or LT

to have breakfast no joiner fee even for 2.

24 hr security laundry and massage across the road

motor bike taxi and money exchange 20 yards.

Drinking street 100yards bigC 50 yards sabai dee

50 yards.

Pool good and mostly in shade. Large billiard table

and bar next to pool. The restaurant is now open after

renovations. We had a few afternoons by the pool with

Gin & Tonics.

Is a bit of a family hotel especially on weekends when

they come down from Bangkok heaps of kids. also many golfers

(as I am).

And just to add the obvious many Russians (not that theres

anything wrong with that)

Hi, yes all valuables locked away so I did not lose anything. All that she took was her bag that I would have returned to her next day in any case. Not really the point though, just pissed me off that the hotel allowed this to happen and obviously had no clue as to what was who's property.

I agree with the points above by Ularu and think I was just unlucky regarding the duty manager on the night.

The construction noise came from one of two sources, or both on some days! At the top of the pool the chalet rooms where being refurbished. Some days a lot of handtools, drilling, sawing and tile cutting etc, other days nothing. These would be finished by now. The hotel looked pretty much the same to me as it does in the earlier photos by teelak. Just a few floors higher but not near completion.

Regards,

Hi, yes all valuables locked away so I did not lose anything. All that she took was her bag that I would have returned to her next day in any case. Not really the point though, just pissed me off that the hotel allowed this to happen and obviously had no clue as to what was who's property.

I agree with the points above by Ularu and think I was just unlucky regarding the duty manager on the night.

The construction noise came from one of two sources, or both on some days! At the top of the pool the chalet rooms where being refurbished. Some days a lot of handtools, drilling, sawing and tile cutting etc, other days nothing. These would be finished by now. The hotel looked pretty much the same to me as it does in the earlier photos by teelak. Just a few floors higher but not near completion.

Regards,

Ok thanks mate, not booking up till later in the year so hoping the construction is finished by then.

Have u ever stayed in the deluxe large pool rooms.. if so they any good?

Albez

With the exception of the Chalets at the Dolphin pool I have stayed in all the room types in Sabai Lodge. I would not stay in the cheapest rooms along the edge of the car park as found them dark, noisy and small. Unless some have been refurbished I feel all the rooms are all a bit tired and could use a bit of a refit and a lick of paint. I liked the Deluxe A rooms at the rear of the large pool. I liked the veranda to have a smoke and drink on but now I don't smoke it is less of an issue. Would recommend the newly built/refitted chalet rooms at the garden pool. Very convenient, I would guess 1500Tbt a night. I stayed there once and it was nice.

My last 4 or 5 trips I stayed in Deluxe Pool View room Sabai Wing. I like these newish rooms as described above by Ularu.

On my last stay in May the Dolphin Pool was reserved for a Golfing Party and the Sabai Wing pool was full of Russian kids from first light to about 8 every night. As a result the other 2 pools got pretty full.

Regards,

Thanks for the update. I usually stay at the Sabai Inn but avoided it last month and moved to the Sabai Resort. I was worried about the noise but I have to report that the Resort was fine and I would stay there again. Low season rate via Internet was 1050 baht for superior room which is not as superior as that in the Sabai Inn so I will be moving back.

Oh to be rich.

• 2 months later...

Once again, I’m thinking of staying at Sabai Wing (adjacent to Sabai Lodge) for my October pilgrimage. Is the construction work at the top of Soi 2 still going on? For a company called PreBuilt there seemed to be a lot of 'finishing work' involved.

Any other building work or issues (i.e. problems) in the Soi 1 & 2 area?

As usual, any info will be gratefully received.

Some eight weeks ago they were getting to the topping off stage and the main concrete pours were tailing off. I have to believe that they must be into the fitting out stage. Perhaps I was lucky but there was never a noise issue with this construction. There was in fact more noise from the Sala Thai restaurant refurbishing. They closed it down for some weeks and totally revamped the place. One other point about the area. I did have some good nights at the music bars on the Second Road just around the corner from Soi 2. There are some good bands here and a few reasonable ladies but beware of the good looking hello girls and the less tasty staff once you get seated.

Once again, I’m thinking of staying at Sabai Wing (adjacent to Sabai Lodge) for my October pilgrimage. Is the construction work at the top of Soi 2 still going on? For a company called PreBuilt there seemed to be a lot of 'finishing work' involved.

Any other building work or issues (i.e. problems) in the Soi 1 & 2 area?

As usual, any info will be gratefully received.

One major plus for the Sabai Lodge is that you can go in and out with "guests" and nobody bothers you. You can make girls leave their ID at the front desk, but as far as the front desk is concerned, they don't seem to care one way or the other.

Edited by js007

As far as I am aware all the Sabai properties have lifts as long as the building is over one floor. The area around the big pool at the Sabai Lodge for example is only one floor up so no lift.

Do the buildings offer elevator service?

Do the buildings offer elevator service?

Sabai Wing certainly has elevators. I think that there is a step (or two) to get in the main entrance on Soi 1, then you are right by reception and the elevator - to the new part of Sabai Wing.

The original elevator to the ‘old’ part of the hotel is through the door that leads to the pool.

I’ll check out the access and elevator situation for you for both Sabai Loge and Wing during my visit next month.

One major plus for the Sabai Lodge is that you can go in and out with "guests" and nobody bothers you. You can make girls leave their ID at the front desk, but as far as the front desk is concerned, they don't seem to care one way or the other.

Never stayed at the S Lodge, only the S Wing. In my experience Sabai Wing receptionist / security staff always ask for the ladies’ ID cards, although personally I’m in favour of this ancient Thai custom.

Some eight weeks ago they were getting to the topping off stage and the main concrete pours were tailing off. I have to believe that they must be into the fitting out stage. Perhaps I was lucky but there was never a noise issue with this construction. There was in fact more noise from the Sala Thai restaurant refurbishing. They closed it down for some weeks and totally revamped the place. One other point about the area. I did have some good nights at the music bars on the Second Road just around the corner from Soi 2. There are some good bands here and a few reasonable ladies but beware of the good looking hello girls and the less tasty staff once you get seated.

Many thanks once again, Teelack - for the hotel and supplementary info. Special thanks for the tip off re the old ‘good looking hello girls’ trick! I’ve been caught that way before.

I’ll email my room request now – how many email stamps do I currently need for Pattaya?

One other new feature of the area is that there is a ne night market. The old one was at the end of Second Road but the new one is a 100 meters to nearer Big C on the same side. This is handy if your looking for the odd gift to take home.

Despite all the noise and trucks etc I was amazed that the Classroom a'gogo was still going strong. This place has some resilience.