Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I have always used a taxi to get to Pattaya and never used the bell bus.

For my next trip in March I will arrive at BKK on the Eva air flight from London. The plane is due to land at 1545hrs.

There is no way I would be able to get the 1600hrs Bell bus.

So do I hang around the airport until 1800hrs or get a taxi?

Baht bus is cheaper but I have to hang around the airport and I don't get to Pattaya till later on.

Taxi I get to Pattaya quicker but is more expensive.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to decide that on your own. Is two hours of your holiday worth 600-800 baht? That's about what you will save by taking Bell. What is your time worth?

I used bell bus 2 times , 1st time was ok, 2nd time fucking bus was full of india,s, i had to push 2 of the fuckers out of my way so i could get to sit down, never again, taxis all the time

He will even have some beers and limes on ice for you if you ask in the email .   I once got in the back of his cab and he turned round to me with a knife I thought I was being robbed he laughed a

You need to decide that on your own. Is two hours of your holiday worth 600-800 baht? That's about what you will save by taking Bell. What is your time worth?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If the timings suit the bell bus is excellent good service.

The advantages of the Car/taxi service is mainly the convenience for me, not just saving of a couple of hours or a couple of hundred baht. You have probably travelled for the best part of a day want to get to your room for a SSS in short order. Don’t want to be dragging your luggage on and off transport, or taking a tour of Pattaya while everybody gets dropped of before you (always happens to me). :angry2

If I’m taking short haul or domestic flights with just carry on or very little luggage Bell bus is the one. But to start my longed for hard worked for holiday, to have someone meet me and take me to a nice AC car with cold drink waiting then to take me straight to my Pattaya hotel and drop me off with no messing about is well worth the price difference. :thumbup

Edited by Montydog

The great thing about Bells is that fact that it is sometimes an option.

I see it as simple as this. If I can catch a Bells I do and if not I take a cab. Whats the worst that can happen if you dont make a cab booking? There are always people around that will take you for 1000/1200 baht. The thing is that the plane could be late, the queues excessive and the baggage delayed. There is no need to make a booking in most instances.

I am rather lucky in that all my return flights take place whan a Bells bus is handy for me I so know for sure thats its only a 300 baht return trip. If I can just get a bus one way I believe I have been a winner.

Baht bus is cheaper but I have to hang around the airport and I don't get to Pattaya till later on.

Baht bus? It would be cheap, 10 baht? Could take a while if he stops to pick up and drop off passengers a fair bit.

Edited by harro1

Your a man of many words , Id invite you for a beer but I dont know how Id shut you up :bhappy

Look at the 2nd last line in the quote, I wrote that bit. Using an iPad and kind of fucked it up.

Back on topic. I would say bus. Meter taxi is 1500 baht. You can get rides for 1000 baht but are they registered/insured? I just feel safer in a bus. Get a few beers for the ride.

There's another bus service to Pattaya and the pick up point is right beside the Bell Bus pick up point in the Terminal. Their busses leave an hour before and/or an hour after the Bell Busses.

If I were you, I wouldn't pre book the Bell Bus. Just turn up and see which of the two busses has a seat available.

It's very easy to spot fellow Mongers at the taxi rank and share a ride to halve the cost.

The Bell bus leaves on the "even" hour from the airport, but there is another bus that leaves on the "odd" hour so there will be one at 5pm. Its 124 baht but it goes express to pattaya on the motorway and then along Sukhumvit road stopping at pattaya north, central and south roads. You would need a baht bus or MC taxi to your hotel from one of those places. the ticket office is downstairs between exits 7 and 8

Pappillon, sorry we must have both hit the POST button at the same time.

Edited by biggles

plane lands gets to gate, you walk to passport control Q.get bag from carousel may take an hour,so have a coffe or beer

go to the atm have a meal saunter down to the 18:00 bell bus save 1200 thats a couple of beers and a shag on soi 6

I have always used a taxi to get to Pattaya and never used the bell bus.

For my next trip in March I will arrive at BKK on the Eva air flight from London. The plane is due to land at 1545hrs.

There is no way I would be able to get the 1600hrs Bell bus.

So do I hang around the airport until 1800hrs or get a taxi?

Taxi I get to Pattaya quicker but is more expensive.

I'm arriving via EVA next week and I'm booked on the 1800 bell bus. I like not rushing around on landing and I don't even mind if the immigration queue is a bit lengthy! I normally nip to the supermarket just outside the airport (about 100 meters) and buy a few tinnies to lessen the wait. It saves 900 baht on Mr T (assuming 100 baht tip).

I have used the Bell bus when it was a time to suite me but no way would i wait around for over a hour when in a taxi can be in patts in just over the hour , the bell bus plus geting to where you stay takes well over 2 hours as well the one time i used bell bus was when i get to the airport in the morning and was in no rush cos could not get into my room till 2pm anyway

I think I will stick with the Taxi option and book Mr T that way at get there quicker and can get out of my dirty clothes and have shower.

He will even have some beers and limes on ice for you if you ask in the email .th_sorcerer.gif

I once got in the back of his cab and he turned round to me with a knifeth_onguard.gif I thought I was being robbed <_< he laughed and said it for cut lemon :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I have used the Bell bus when it was a time to suite me but no way would i wait around for over a hour when in a taxi can be in patts in just over the hour , the bell bus plus geting to where you stay takes well over 2 hours as well the one time i used bell bus was when i get to the airport in the morning and was in no rush cos could not get into my room till 2pm anyway

When I take the Bell Bus to Pattaya, I don't bother getting in the mini van that drops you off at your hotel. That can add an hour onto your journey if you're the last one dropped off.

I just walk around the corner into the main bus station and private hire a Baht Bus for 100.

The actual bus ride from the airport is only @ 10 mins slower than a taxi.

I have made the Bell Bus connection from your flight as it often arrives early.

Don't delay in getting to immigration to beat any queue. Bags should be there by the time you clear then get down to the lower floor as fast as you can.

Bell bus now share a counter with an hourly bus to Pattaya Sukhumvit Dd and Jomtein Beach which costs 124 Baht.

I find buses as quick as Taxis.

The Bell bus leaves on the "even" hour from the airport, but there is another bus that leaves on the "odd" hour so there will be one at 5pm. Its 124 baht but it goes express to pattaya on the motorway and then along Sukhumvit road stopping at pattaya north, central and south roads. You would need a baht bus or MC taxi to your hotel from one of those places. the ticket office is downstairs between exits 7 and 8

Pappillon, sorry we must have both hit the POST button at the same time.

A baht bus may look for a premium fare when he sees a punter with luggage. Just getting across Sukhumvit at that time of night with luggage in hand makes me vote for the bell Bus first and a taxi if the Bell doesn't work out.