Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Apparently after Drogba's departure from Chelsea there have been a number of redundancies made........2 physios, four stretcher bearers, 2 stunt coordinators and a drama coach!!

It's not too difficult to work out WHY he kept falling over. I would as well!

Jamie above has the right idea for team selection for England's next game. If Cahill is fit I'd put him in for Lescott.

:clueless Wasn't he replaced by someone not called Rio?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They did, and it was nearly their undoing, need to improve against the home nation Ukraine, I would drop Young for Rooney and Milner for Walcott. Leave Carroll and Welbeck as front two strikers with

Hi,   None of Bayern's players were on duty.

Agreed. I thought they were two fairly decent games. The Greeks looked well-organised once they settled down - is the Russian captain related to the plonker by the same name at Arsenal?

Yes she's an improvement on 'Stan the pan' our village team's sponge and bucket man........

Cahill's not even in the squad eh? Well there you go. Jamie was completely right then....I must pop up and give him a big green one.

Hi,

Portugal are a threat to everyone with Ronaldo in the mood. Germany could have gone out last night if a penalty was given for the tug on Bendtner. Russia went out despite having the best goal difference in the group. I wonder how many times that has happened ?

Looking forward to the Spain v Croatia tonight,should be cracking. Fancy Spain still especially if Torres is on form again.

Hi,

England face moment of truth tonight. Tough game IMO playing home team in any competition. Roy has done a good job so far.

Watching the game on 'Snow-vision' with an old fashioned ariel....(Long story won't bore you).......It was disappointing and frustrating to see how many touches Joe Hart was getting from back passes. Now I played village football and understand the need sometimes to avoid giving the ball away yourself....better to give it to the keeper so that he can hoik it upfield straight to the opposition......No one expects otherwise of a GK put in that position and no one loses face. But this wasn't happening on the dog-shit encrusted playing fields of olde England.

Glad Ashley Cole was booked for the slowness of his throw ins, though it wasn't any slower than normal. His method is ....look to take the quick one but don't, then beckon with his hand, then twist from side to side long enough for every target to be marked up and at a standstill, call for movement and then pass into a space controlled by the other team. He'd do better to just pick it up, shut his eyes and throw the bugger!

Their goal looked good, their passing more assured, their pattern of play less timid........But they lost and we won......The shoe has been on the other foot so many times for England that I'm not going to bemoan our good fortune and success so far in this tournament. We wouldn't have gotten either without some grit, skill and organisation.

We can can play better and should expect to......We can go all the way.......Or we can go home next game. That's sport and why we watch it!

Edited by atlas2

Hi,

Good performance by England in a tough match. The phone ins have been scathing of the team but I think Ukraine are not a bad team and to beat them in such an important match was a good show. France are beaten by Sweden and now face Spain. Not impressed with France or Spain in this competition and am hopeful of collecting on Germany.

some cheeky buggers deleted their votes

Hi,

What a cad. Portugal looked good last night and Ronaldo looks up for it. With the other Real players and Moutinho they have quality through the side. England and Italy should be a tight game.

Hi,

What a cad. Portugal looked good last night and Ronaldo looks up for it. With the other Real players and Moutinho they have quality through the side. England and Italy should be a tight game.

And Germany looked strong last night......

Could be a cracking game between the French and Spanish tonight. After the Germans refused to bail out the Greeks last night, will the French do likewise? Will it be adios, or au revoir ... ? :ninja: I'll go for France 'cos I like the two guys from Newcastle and I think that Mexes can take care of Torres. The big question is, will Davie Cameron follow in Angela Merkel's footsteps and be in Kiev cheering on Gerrard and company?

And Germany looked strong last night......

Hi,

Germany showed how an ultra defensive side like Greece can be beaten. Brave to start with all new attack. Schweinstiger seems out of form however.

Hi,

He is suspended tonight.

Err, yes. I'll still go with the French though.

I thought Schweinsteiger dictated the tempo of the Greek game.

Edited by CheshireTom

Err, yes. I'll still go with the French though.

I thought Schweinsteiger dictated the tempo of the Greek game.

Tom:

I hope you are wrong as I have punts on the spanish and english teams. Looks good so far.

Viva la Roja! :thumbup

That is the French out... and Spain not too impressive I thought.

I'm picking Engerlund 2-1

The pouting striker will get tossed if things aren't going England's way.

Not sure which prediction coming thru would make me happier. :ninja:

Well I said England wouldn't qualify out of their group so they have been the surprise package for me, I tipped Spain to win it so my bet is still looking good although I think Germany are the strongest team I have seen so far. I think England have done okay so far, I see it as a job done qualifying from their group because they haven't been playing any really attractive football and there is still lots of room for improvement. I think they have the potential to beat Italy but I don't think they will beat Germany if they go through.

I agree with jamie392305 as I believe that the difference between our squad in this tournament and the others I have watched in the last ten years is that the team spirit seems to have been restored, something that a foreign manager has so far not been able to achieve. In the past there have been far too many egos and events off the field creating a dispirited England camp, it's good to see a manager that has got the team wanting to play for him. It's the first tournament I can remember where we aren't going into it thinking that we are good enough to win it and feel as if we deserve to win it which I think has had a positive effect on the side.

I expect Rooney to score tonight and I really do believe they can beat the Italians.

I expect Rooney to score tonight and I really do believe they can beat the Italians.

I'm sure I read somewhere that England has never beaten a "major team" in tournament play, other than at Wembley. If that's true, now would be as good a time as any to rectify the situation.

I'm sure I read somewhere that England has never beaten a "major team" in tournament play, other than at Wembley. If that's true, now would be as good a time as any to rectify the situation.

England 1 Germany 0 2000 European Championship Group Stage Charleroi,Belgium

England 2 Spain 1 1980 European Championship Group Stage Naples, Italy

England 2 Spain 1 1968 European Championship Quarter Final Madrid, Spain

England 1 Argentina 0 2002 World Cup Group Stage Sapparo, Japan

England 3 France 1 1982 World Cup Group Stage Bilbao, Spain

England 3 Argentina 1 1962 World Cup Group Stage Rancagua, Chile

Six games won against "major" teams at venues other than Wembley in sixty-two years of entering tournaments. Now that's a shit record.

Edited by Siam Sam

England 1 Germany 0 2000 European Championship Group Stage Charleroi,Belgium

England 2 Spain 1 1980 European Championship Group Stage Naples, Italy

England 2 Spain 1 1968 European Championship Quarter Final Madrid, Spain

England 1 Argentina 0 2002 World Cup Group Stage Sapparo, Japan

England 3 France 1 1982 World Cup Group Stage Bilbao, Spain

England 3 Argentina 1 1962 World Cup Group Stage Rancagua, Chile

Six games won against "major" teams at venues other than Wembley in sixty-two years of entering tournaments. Now that's a shit record.

It probably referred to the knock-out stages. The 1968 Spain game was home and away, not tournament play. The tournament stages were actually held in Italy, where England lost to Yugoslavia.

Edited by CheshireTom