Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It was a great game, for Spain. I am glad Germany lost against Italy, otherwise they would have received a similar hiding. Super Mario misfired big time and can now return to Manchester City. I had picked Italy to win. Be advised never to follow my tips. :smile:

Yes I agree.....had England had to face Spain they would have run rings around the England side.

An entertaining game and a display by a team that really plays as one.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They did, and it was nearly their undoing, need to improve against the home nation Ukraine, I would drop Young for Rooney and Milner for Walcott. Leave Carroll and Welbeck as front two strikers with

Hi,   None of Bayern's players were on duty.

Agreed. I thought they were two fairly decent games. The Greeks looked well-organised once they settled down - is the Russian captain related to the plonker by the same name at Arsenal?

Hi,

Great show from Spain. Must go down as the best International team of all time. They still have most the team in mid 20's so could break the hoodo of European teams winning the WC in South America.

You'll have to remind me boys, who tipped Spain to win it? ;)

As Alan Hansen put it last night: "an absolute master-class in pass and movement, the likes of which I have never seen before." I'm sure a few sides over the years would have given them a run for their money but they were in a league of their own at times last night and the best team definitely won the tournament.

According to the poll, 10 BMs (almost 35% of the votes).

It was a rhetorical question anomaly man. I think you turned out to be the worst for predictions in this tournament. Can't wait for your predictions on next season, your knowledge of football obviously knows no bounds.

It was a rhetorical question anomaly man. I think you turned out to be the worst for predictions in this tournament.

You've lost me, Sam. Baht was the only BM to "tip" Spain. I can't see where you mentioned them until after they beat France and were safely through to the semi-finals and a game against Portugal. :clueless

You've lost me, Sam. Baht was the only BM to "tip" Spain. I can't see where you mentioned them until after they beat France and were safely through to the semi-finals and a game against Portugal. :clueless

Whatever Tom. I picked up a nice little combined sum from the Coral bookmakers, one of my drivers at work and one of my mates in the pub. Even if you don't believe me and think I only tipped Spain from the semi finals onwards that would be better than your predictions. :thumbup

Edited by Siam Sam

Whatever Tom. I picked up a nice little combined sum from the Coral bookmakers, one of my drivers at work and one of my mates in the pub. Even if you don't believe me and think I only tipped Spain from the semi finals onwards that would be better than your predictions. :thumbup

Sam,

I don't disbelieve you and have no reason to question what you done with Corals or down the pub. However, in this thread, you didn't tip Spain until after they qualified for the semis - that's not an opinion.

Who do you fancy for the Thai Premier League? They're on a bit of a break at the moment but the games resume this coming weekend. :smile:

Who do you fancy for the Thai Premier League? They're on a bit of a break at the moment but the games resume this coming weekend. :smile:

Don't follow it although I'm sure I would if I lived in Thailand. Funnily enough, my wife's sister's other half is the goalkeeping coach for Muangthong United FC.

Don't follow it although I'm sure I would if I lived in Thailand. Funnily enough, my wife's sister's other half is the goalkeeping coach for Muangthong United FC.

Muangthong, Buriram and Chonburi are all fairly decent teams by Asian standards on their best days. Songkhla (Wuanchon) manage to pack 35,000 fans into a stadium that should probably hold no more than 15,000 when those three visit. Scary stuff.

Your wife's sister's other half must be doing a decent job - Muangthong beat us in a penalty shoot-out in the Cup semi-final last season.

Edited by CheshireTom