Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

"Bar closures" - bars closed closed or open and not serving booze?

It's all in the title really.... During "bar closures" - are bars closed closed or actually open and not serving booze?

Last time I was there we were in a gogo which was open but with no booze until 7-11 started selling again - that was a "Buddha Day" I think.

Thanks in advance

Andy Cap

P.S. Oops, just saw the other thread on the same subject - so anywhere that serves food can stay open and bars not, even if they don't serve alcohol?

Edited by capdagde

I was there during one of these election shut downs a few years ago, and found plenty of places who were very willing to sell you a beer, although no music playing and lights very low, they can be found mate.

Good opportunity if you know in advance to arrange an all day barfine free date or two isn't it? No business, nothing to do for more than an hour or two to vote, girl want money and something to do.....

Good opportunity if you know in advance to arrange an all day barfine free date or two isn't it? No business, nothing to do for more than an hour or two to vote, girl want money and something to do.....

And yet barowners (some, not all) will still expect a barfine to be paid.

I was there during one of these election shut downs a few years ago, and found plenty of places who were very willing to sell you a beer, although no music playing and lights very low, they can be found mate.

Have to second this. 'Don't know what the risk of a raid might be, but places with girls and selling drinks can easily be found.

You could always enjoy a nice cup of tea... :whistling:

That's actually what I was thinking....(no, REALLY!!!). I'm on the wagon and the question was quite straight (REALLY!!!)

Edited by capdagde

And yet barowners (some, not all) will still expect a barfine to be paid.

Good luck succeeding with that plan on a day someone tells their employee not to come to work.

Good luck succeeding with that plan on a day someone tells their employee not to come to work.

Are you saying it does not happen ?

You know little of the way it works here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am saying if you BF a girl say Sunday before a Monday mandated closing and she's been told don't come in until Tuesday as a result, that if you choose to hang on to her the second day and she's got no work to go to then you've hardly got a barfine to pay. What if you just ran into her on that same Monday at the mall? Who is she going to run off to and pay?

I am saying if you BF a girl say Sunday before a Monday mandated closing and she's been told don't come in until Tuesday as a result, that if you choose to hang on to her the second day and she's got no work to go to then you've hardly got a barfine to pay. What if you just ran into her on that same Monday at the mall? Who is she going to run off to and pay?

Iam saying there are some barowners/mamsans that expect a barfine to be paid unless it is the girls scheduled monthly day off, this has been debated many times on many forums and barowners have come forth and said that yes they expect a barfine.

• Downvote 1

there are some barowners/mamsans that expect a barfine to be paid unless it is the girls scheduled monthly day off,

this has been debated many times on many forums and barowners have come forth and said that yes they expect a barfine.

I read that several times on forums but it never happened to me.

Yet again this Saturday with election, a agogo friend came see me: no BF

I think that's more something you could find in (very) small bars...

but can't even give the name of one place that would do that... ??