Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Premier League 2013-14

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another nail in Fat Sam's coffin today! The "king of mirth" was actually bleating that his team had the best record for clean sheets in the nether regions of the division. I suppose that's what can be achieved by sending out 10 defensive outfield players against mediocre opposition home or away! Hammers are my tip for the drop; Not sure as to who will accompany them yet, as even Sunderland are now showing the right attitude albeit with a very limited squad skillwise. West Brom and Fulham would be a guess if pushed, but both have redeeming qualities.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He left a team that won the league by about 13 points.   Everton are above Man U , despite Moyes taking their best player of last season to Man U. Moyes isn't up to the job. He never could motivat

Do you think Man U would be 14 points behind the Leaders at this stage of the season if Fergie was still Manager?

So we can assume your in depth analysis and solutions for my team are based on this riding statement then ?

Posted Images

Bratpack,

What's happening to Stoke?

We've had a tough few weeks schedule-wise but we needed to at least draw away to Palace.

Next up away again to a rejuvenated Sunderland.

Hughes has us playing more attractive footy but the results aren't falling our way.

Now only six points between 10th and 20th. Any of those teams could go down.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the ladder, Everton have a chance to break into the Top Four.

Hi,

Chelsea prove much too strong for Man Utd. Moyes needs a few years to sort out the mess left by Fergie. Spurs and Adebayor continue their improvement under Sherwood.

• Downvote 1

As a United supporter, I have never idolised Fergie, quite the opposite in fact; but to accuse him of responsibility for the current "mess" is a bit rich. The deep seated problem is the Glazers; Fergies biggest flaw in my eyes was his wholesale support of them ( self-survival I suppose). I am absolutely certain though, that the rejection of Mourhino (who would probably have enforced success fairly quickly) was also down to Ferguson's sense of self-importance rather than the clubs continued success.

Hi,

Chelsea prove much too strong for Man Utd. Moyes needs a few years to sort out the mess left by Fergie.

Do you think Man U would be 14 points behind the Leaders at this stage of the season if Fergie was still Manager?

• Upvote 2

As a United supporter, I have never idolised Fergie, quite the opposite in fact; but to accuse him of responsibility for the current "mess" is a bit rich. The deep seated problem is the Glazers; Fergies biggest flaw in my eyes was his wholesale support of them ( self-survival I suppose). I am absolutely certain though, that the rejection of Mourhino (who would probably have enforced success fairly quickly) was also down to Ferguson's sense of self-importance rather than the clubs continued success.

Hi,

Fergies success will look even better with failure after his departure. I agree Mourinho would have likely done better than Moyes but he would have demanded lots of dosh to buy players. I'm not sure the money is there.

Hi,

Chelsea prove much too strong for Man Utd. Moyes needs a few years to sort out the mess left by Fergie.

He left a team that won the league by about 13 points. :clueless

Everton are above Man U , despite Moyes taking their best player of last season to Man U. Moyes isn't up to the job. He never could motivate Everton for a full season. They only ever played well for half a season. The team Fergie left would be top two under Fergie or top 4 under other top managers.

As for people who say Moyes should get time, as Fergie did. They ignore the fact that Fergies record was already astonishing for what he done with Aberdeen , and Man U were a mess when he took over. That's why he got time. But Moyes took over a multi title winning team. Ditch him now , before he wastes money.

• Upvote 3

Nuf sed :thumbup

Hi,

Last year was a very strange year. Man City and Chelsea didn't play to their potential in the League. If either of those two teams had played last year like they are playing this year Fergie would not have won the League. He was schrewd enough to know that and got out while he could.

In my opinion the current situation has been caused by four main factors;

• Allowing Fergie to name his successor before his departure. Mourhino was the right man for that job and everyone knows it. I'm not saying that Moyes is a bad manager nor do I blame him for the current situation but don't think he was the right choice.
  • A lack of funds to compete with the other big clubs. Football is all about money now and United need about 200 million to spend on players and strengthen their squad. They need three defenders and three mid-fielders. If they don't spend that much then they won't improve because the players that have come through the youth policy in the last few years aren't good enough in my opinion. Considering how much debt the Glazers still have left to pay, it's unlikely that they have that much to spend on new players.
  • Fergie didn't buy well in the transfer market in the years preceding his departure. They did sign Van Persie, and Kagawa but apart from that they haven't brought in enough quality players which has cost them. For a club of United's size their dealings in the transfer market in the last four years have been quite pathetic. On the whole the current United team is coming to an end, the likes of Giggs, Ferdinand, Evra and Vidic will be retired soon and nothing was done to bring in replacements for these players.
  • Not enough quality in mid-field. This is their biggest problem because without good mid-field players you're not going to create anything. I look at their mid-field now and it just doesn't compare with the other big clubs.

Considering how much debt the Glazers still have left to pay, it's unlikely that they have that much to spend on new players.

Hi,

You make good points. If you think Man Utd is the biggest of the Glazers worries look at my post above.

Scousers are excited by tonights game, even here in London. Mata joins Utd, great player, United were lucky that Jose wants only one special one at the Bridge.

A couple of "right royal dickings" handed out to direct competition by Liverpool and City midweek! It is getting quite hard to see any other outcome for the premiership other than a Man. City success. I just hope that they can do it in the Champions League (along with Arsenal) as well. That will clear most of the top opposition away and allow United, who basically have a bye this round, to gloriously win the competition and thereby qualify for next season's CL !!!! … Somebody shoot that pig that has just flown by my window !! Arsenal have a "real" make or break fortnight coming up… They have spectacularly failed in all 3 competitions in similar situations during recent seasons. I hope not, of all the opposition teams, I would like to see them have a bit of success for a change.

Hi,

What a great performance by Liverpool in the derby. Man City look unstoppable in the Prem. Looks like I've done me money on Chelsea after they miss Mata to unlock a tight Hammers defence.

Hi,

Last year was a very strange year. Man City and Chelsea didn't play to their potential in the League. If either of those two teams had played last year like they are playing this year Fergie would not have won the League. He was schrewd enough to know that and got out while he could.

Sorry bud, but that's gibberish. Fergie didn't fake a hip replacement operation to avoid this season. If you knew anything about psychology, you would know his personality type would absolutely relish the challenge of each and every season. He will be totally gutted that he isn't in the fight.

Re last season - Every year some team could use an excuse of being in transition. When Chelski won, Man U were in transition. Be honest, you hate Man U and smear them at every opportunity over years. You even invented a tale of match fixing lol. :chogdee2

Are you going to back up you claim about Fergie leaving a mess? Despite leaving most of the England team, ex Bundisleague player of the year and RVP etc? Please explain bud? I'm waiting!

----------------

Man City looked great v Spurs, but needed two horrendous decisions to win v ten men.

Liverpool looked great v Everton but are probably mentally fragile over a season. I think the top 4 might be decided already though, but maybe not in that order.

• Downvote 1

What a great performance from Stoke to beat MU for the first time in 40 years. Hughes is getting them playing better football and Pulis is doing a good job at Palace. West Ham win away at Swansea after a good point at Chelsea. I posted that I thought Everton would bounce back from their freak defeat against Liverpool. Where did that post go ? :clueless Man City v Chelsea is Monday. That may decide where the title goes.

Moyes is so bad, that he has spent over £60 million adding to a team of internationals and trophy winners, and turned them into a losing team. :banghead

Meanwhile, the team he left have improved. Jeez. They need to sack him quick.

• Downvote 1

Looking forward to Man City V Chelski tomorrow evening. Will Mourinho park the bus?

I am certain he will, he always does ! Question is, will he get away with it; and I think he might … to the tune of 0-1.

Massive win for Stoke! We were in the bottom three before kick off, now up to 11th!!!

Bit lucky and still too many stupid fouls but I'll take it with open arms.

I've never see a Man U team so unbalanced. Evans and Jones lost to injury so Moyes throws on Wellbeck and plays Rooney, their best goal scorer, way deep. I don't understand that.

Everyone raving about the signing of Mata, who is a very good player, but Moyes needed to buy a few solid defenders.

Stoke really asking for trouble with all the pushing, tugging and holding. All teams do it but we seem to be masters of the trade! Was waiting for that little prick Ashley Young to win a last-minute penalty.

Seems all the bottom teams are suddenly winning!!! Musical chairs down there though Fulham look fooked. No fight!

This made me laugh!

1. So Arsenal signed a player on loan to cover injuries, and he was injured. Ridiculous.
  2. 16:59:_61869570_tie.jpg
    David Ornstein, BBC SportKim Kallstrom update
    "New Arsenal signing Kim Kallstom is set for a spell on the sidelines with a back injury that was discovered in the medical before he signed on loan from Spartak Moscow.
    "The 31-year-old Sweden midfielder sustained the problem on Tuesday while playing football on a beach during Spartak's pre-season tour in Abu Dhabi.
    "He informed Arsenal of discomfort upon arriving at the club on Friday but, despite an MRI scan showing no damage, a CT scan found an issue with his back.
    "The Arsenal medical team provided manager Arsene Wenger with the prognosis, but it was decided Kallstrom would still join and undergo his rehabilitation with the Gunners.
    "He is expected to miss at least Arsenal's next six games, in which they face Crystal Palace, Liverpool twice, Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Sunderland.
    "Kallstrom did not train with his new team-mates on Friday or Saturday and will briefly return to Sweden and Russia before moving to London and beginning a course of treatment.
    "The former Lyon player, Arsenal's only signing in the January transfer window, joined on loan until the end of the season to provide cover for injured midfielders Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere, plus the suspended Mathieu Flamini."

WTF???

Hi,

The scousers slip up in the midlands. I couldn't believe Sunderland were over 3/1 to win at Newcastle and Stoke were 4/1 to beat MU at home. Money to be made if you go for the outsider in some of these games at the moment. My Chelsea mate had a grand on Stoke, not sure he will try to back it up against Man City tonight though.

Fatboyfat, on 03 Feb 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

I am certain he will, he always does ! Question is, will he get away with it; and I think he might … to the tune of 0-1.

Good shout. Are you a betting man?

From what I read Chelsea didn't park the bus.

Got to give Jose credit, a great tactician.

He was still talking down Chelsea's title chances in the post-match interview, though.

The "evolution" will take 2 seasons he reckons ...

Hi,

Well done to Farboyfat for calling the result. Chelsea were great and hope continues that I can land my bet. As a gooner I am torn slightly, my heart says Arsenal and my pocket says Chelsea. Man City will probably still win it. :bhappy

Hi,

The scousers slip up in the midlands. I couldn't believe Sunderland were over 3/1 to win at Newcastle and Stoke were 4/1 to beat MU at home. Money to be made if you go for the outsider in some of these games at the moment. My Chelsea mate had a grand on Stoke, not sure he will try to back it up against Man City tonight though.

He should have had a double , UK bookies offered 4-1 for Chelsea to keep a clean sheet and 7-1 to win......!