Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premier League 2013-14

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't say you hated Mourinho. The biased hatred was in reference to your years of attacking Fergie and Man U, including you claiming the league was fixed in their favour lol. I guess they must have stopped the tea money!!!

You wouldn't be saying " bring em on" if Fergie was still there. He owned Wenger! <grin Is that the source of the hatred? That Wenger would have won some silverware in the past 8 years, if he hadn't been unlucky enough to be against Fergies era?

You should cuff Man U on Weds. They can't even beat the bottom of the league Fulham.

Here's a clock for you

http://arsenaltrophyclock.net/

Of course Arsenal have own nothing in 8 years , they can't afford the big paid players ...

In the last 4 years Arsenal are 18 in the 20 th for spend... Chelsea, City and Man Utd are biggest spenders, even Wigan... Are up there..

The article is a Money buys you happiness..

Chelsea or City for league, indeed how won the EPL last year was a testimony to his management ability, but the game is well and truly over for all teams unless they have 20 top players......

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He left a team that won the league by about 13 points.   Everton are above Man U , despite Moyes taking their best player of last season to Man U. Moyes isn't up to the job. He never could motivat

Do you think Man U would be 14 points behind the Leaders at this stage of the season if Fergie was still Manager?

So we can assume your in depth analysis and solutions for my team are based on this riding statement then ?

Posted Images

That didn't sink in until later. I'm surprised you are going down the sectarian bigotry route. I thought you were above that way of thinking.

I thought he meant they went fishing at the same place.

Oh dear. I had to laugh at someone who claims Sir Alex had a huge ego, yet wants the managing worlds biggest ever ego, Mourinho, for the job.

Sir Alex doesn't have a big ego. He has never forgotten where he comes from or misses a funeral of some of the old Govan shipyard mob. He even turned down a peerage and seat in the house of Lords.

Mourinho was never a fit for Man U, even if he wanted it, which nobody knows. I can't really see him living in Manchester v London, or managing a team without shitloads of money to buy the top players. Apart from he probably wouldn't have been any good at Man U, and saying he was the only guy is laughable. And you totally ignore the hassle he had at his last two clubs.

He and Sir Alex got on well. I don't see how ego would come into it. But when people want to bad mouth him, they usually don't do it with any logic, but just make shit up, like orange lodges and suggestions of sectarianism, Howard Webb conspiracies, strange illogical ego stuff and silly names like Mr Misery. Scraping the barrel there lads.

Nowhere have I stated that "I personally" think that the appointment of Mourinho was the correct way to go "my" feelings are that the right guy is in post now, and the clamour to replace if instantaneous success was not forthcoming, was always predicted from the "keyboard massif". I speak as a lifelong supporter and season ticket holder for over 50 years, and not as a "pro-United Keyboard Warrior", the likes of whom make most football forums unreadable. I also know of Ferguson's attitudes right back to the days when as an occasional young Dunfermline Athletic follower, he did the dirty on them, undoubtedly with the aid of plain brown envelopes. He has not officially turned down a peerage - because he has not officially been offered one. In that sense I too have turned down a peerage !!!!! In terms of success, he has been the best manager ever at United and probably as a club manager, in the world; and his achievement at Aberdeen, albeit with a more generous chequebook for them at the time, was phenomenal. ( Maybe one needs to have a Scottish background to understand the absolute domination of the "Old Firm") As a person I feel he has serious flaws, and altogether, not a scratch on Sir Matt Busby. His latest autobiography, especially his recent spat with Roy Keane, would highlight the massive egotism; not that any great store should be put in any footballer's book! As for alledged sectarianism wtf are you on? the rarified air of Pappy's appartment on a Saturday night ?? !!!! Edited by Fatboyfat

Of course Arsenal have own nothing in 8 years , they can't afford the big paid players ...

In the last 4 years Arsenal are 18 in the 20 th for spend... Chelsea, City and Man Utd are biggest spenders, even Wigan... Are up there..

The article is a Money buys you happiness..

Chelsea or City for league, indeed how won the EPL last year was a testimony to his management ability, but the game is well and truly over for all teams unless they have 20 top players......

I'm just noising up Wac

Arsenal have done the right thing in paying off the stadium instead of spending on players. You could see they were buying a bit below previous quality with the likes of Arteta, but they were still playing quality football and competing at champions league level. A few weeks ago Man City looked so strong,and have such a quality squad , that I thought they would go on and easily win the league, but Aguerro is a huge miss, and they have shown a bit of weakness. Great for neutrals. I only followed Man U coz Sir Alex was from the same part of Glasgow as me.

I thought he meant they went fishing at the same place.

Yeah right!

Nowhere have I stated that "I personally" think that the appointment of Mourinho was the correct way to go… "my" feelings are that the right guy is in post now, and the clamour to replace if instantaneous success was always predicted from the "keyboard massif". I speak as a lifelong supporter and season ticket holder for over 50 years, and not as a "pro-United Keyboard Warrior", the likes of whom make most football forums unreadable. I also know of Ferguson's attitudes right back to the days when as an occasional young Dunfermline Athletic follower, he did the dirty on them, undoubtedly with the aid of plain brown envelopes. He has not officially turned down a peerage - because he has not officially been offered one. In that sense I too have turned down a peerage !!!!! In terms of success, he has been the best manager ever at United and probably as a club manager, in the world; and his achievement at Aberdeen, albeit with a more generous chequebook for them at the time, was phenomenal. ( Maybe one needs to have a Scottish background to understand the absolute domination of the "Old Firm") … As a person I feel he has serious flaws, and altogether, not a scratch on Sir Matt Busby. His latest autobiography, especially his recent spat with Roy Keane, would highlight the massive egotism; not that any great store should be put in footballer's books!

Your Lordship,I had no idea you turned down a peerage ,but it doesn't matter to me that you turned it down. I will respectfully address you as Lord Fatboy of La la land. :thumbup

The Roy Keane spat was down to Keane. Must have been Keane's ego!

You get felt out" for a peerage and seat in the house of lords, He turned it down. Everybody know it. You are just being a silly hater, telling tales. Google it.

He broke the old firm dominance with less money than them, and won a European trophy with them. And he recently offered or raised money for his penniless ex club.

I have no idea why you want to twist everything negative , smear, and tell tales in order to bad mouth him, but you will find a soulmate in Wac. He's a negative hater as well. Anyway, your lordship , I'm not going to waste time arguing against shit you make up.

• Downvote 1

As a person I feel he has serious flaws, and altogether, not a scratch on Sir Matt Busby. His latest autobiography, especially his recent spat with Roy Keane, would highlight the massive egotism

Hi,

Too true. I'm sure the Murphia have enough dirt on Fergie to finish him and many others. They have chosen not to use it. Bigger Picture boys are they.

Too true. I'm sure the Murphia have enough dirt on Fergie to finish him and many others. They have chosen not to use it. Bigger Picture boys are they.

Finish him? Murphia! Sectarian bigotry. What a strange and negative mind you have.

Hi,

Liverpool are in the mix after a late winner at Fulham. I think a draw was ok for the Gunners against a Man Utd team who were desperate to avoid defeat. Newcastle have taken to the beach early in the season. They sold Cabaye and have nothing to play for. Stoke are improving under Mark Hughes and will do much better next year IMO.

Hi,

Liverpool are in the mix after a late winner at Fulham. I think a draw was ok for the Gunners against a Man Utd team who were desperate to avoid defeat. Newcastle have taken to the beach early in the season. They sold Cabaye and have nothing to play for. Stoke are improving under Mark Hughes and will do much better next year IMO.

It was a bad result for Arsenal as they were at home v the poorest Man U team in quarter of a century. Arsenal were the better team.

------------

Moyes played Mata as a winger! In fact, he hasn't had anywhere near Mata's Chelsea form out of him.

It was a bad result for Arsenal as they were at home v the poorest Man U team in quarter of a century. Arsenal were the better team.

------------

Moyes played Mata as a winger! In fact, he hasn't had anywhere near Mata's Chelsea form out of him.

Hi,

You seem intent on blaming all United's woes on Moyes, even though he has been at the club for a few months. Mata will be given a role suitable to him when Moyes has bought the players of enough quality to compliment him. This is just a transitional season and you can't judge David until the end of next season.

Hi,

You seem intent on blaming all United's woes on Moyes, even though he has been at the club for a few months. Mata will be given a role suitable to him when Moyes has bought the players of enough quality to compliment him. This is just a transitional season and you can't judge David until the end of next season.

Not just me blaming Moyes. It's just about everyone except you. If it wasn't the manager to blame, why would you suggest Mourinho? Surely you would keep Moyes if he wasn't to blame!

Think about it Sherlock.

He has an 11 point clear, title winning side, plus over £60 million in new signings, yet are behind his old club, despite buying their best player from them.

He has claimed a mental softness has crept it.

The only thing different is the manager and his staff. Therefore it must be him. Simples.

BTW - 81 crosses v Fulham. The highest in the PL. Simple old outdated tactics, that don't even work v bottom of the league. The guy has ran out of ideas. Time to go.

Great for neutrals. I only followed Man U coz Sir Alex was from the same part of Glasgow as me.

Yeah right!

So we can assume your in depth analysis and solutions for my team are based on this riding statement then ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi,

How fickle is he ? :bhappy

Yeah. It's totally weird for someone to support their countrymen, or locals! :rolleyes:

Who will you be following during the world cup? Duh!

Your not making sense Lord Pinnochio.

Fulham sack yet another manager and bring in some German off the dole! Ridiculous ........ We probably don't have any real Fulham supporters on here, but they must be flabbergasted. Even that nutter previously in charge, Al Fayad, is being made to look like a visionary by the current owners (American owner of Jacksonville Jaguars I believe). Relegation will be most deserved, and probably inevitable now!

Edited by Fatboyfat

Fulham sack yet another manager and bring in some German off the dole! Ridiculous ........ We probably don't have any real Fulham supporters on here, but they must be flabbergasted. Even that nutter previously in charge, Al Fayad, is being made to look like a visionary by the current owners (American owner of Jacksonville Jaguars I believe). Relegation will be most deserved, and probably inevitable now!

Hi,

I feel sorry for the Dutchman, but the German is a great manager.

Not just me blaming Moyes. It's just about everyone except you. If it wasn't the manager to blame, why would you suggest Mourinho? Surely you would keep Moyes if he wasn't to blame!

Think about it Sherlock.

He has an 11 point clear, title winning side, plus over £60 million in new signings, yet are behind his old club, despite buying their best player from them.

He has claimed a mental softness has crept it.

The only thing different is the manager and his staff. Therefore it must be him. Simples.

BTW - 81 crosses v Fulham. The highest in the PL. Simple old outdated tactics, that don't even work v bottom of the league. The guy has ran out of ideas. Time to go.

Mouse is not to blame, Fergie got the team to overachieve how City or Chelsea never won last year with their squads was amazing, Fergie did am amazing job ...

Him leaving has shown up ordinary players, Phil Jones, Nani, Smalling.,,, I can't remember the forward who can't trap a ball in less than 4 touches...

Fergie got the max out of them,,, simple as that...

I wonder how Phil Jones is a pro.. Looks like a clumsy oaf

Mouse is not to blame, Fergie got the team to overachieve how City or Chelsea never won last year with their squads was amazing, Fergie did am amazing job ...

Him leaving has shown up ordinary players, Phil Jones, Nani, Smalling.,,, I can't remember the forward who can't trap a ball in less than 4 touches...

Fergie got the max out of them,,, simple as that...

I wonder how Phil Jones is a pro.. Looks like a clumsy oaf

I agree Fergie got the most out of that squad, but I don't think he can be blamed for not getting a squad above his needs. He was obviously wrong in thinking Moyes could get anything from them at all. Plenty other managers would have done better with the same players + £60 mil, and a full pre season and two transfer windows.

I like these players. Jones is good in many positions and is an international , but seems injury prone . Nani, a champions league winner, has great skill, but admittedly messes about too much instead of getting a cross in. Same as Zaha. I wonder why the managers can't seem to stop them pissing about.

Smalling is good. Michael Owen said is a great defender? Stands on your toes, elbows and kicks you. All good defender qualities, but admittedly, his passing is off under Moyes.

I remember that Moyes said he wasn't surprised Man U were champions after watching them training for a few weeks. Bobby Gould said similar last season. It's amazing that Moyes has destroyed them so quickly. Even drawing with Man U hasn't saved the Fulham managers job. The owners obviously expected 3 points v united. That's how far Man U have fallen.

I agree Fergie got the most out of that squad, but I don't think he can be blamed for not getting a squad above his needs. He was obviously wrong in thinking Moyes could get anything from them at all. Plenty other managers would have done better with the same players + £60 mil, and a full pre season and two transfer windows.

I like these players. Jones is good in many positions and is an international , but seems injury prone . Nani, a champions league winner, has great skill, but admittedly messes about too much instead of getting a cross in. Same as Zaha. I wonder why the managers can't seem to stop them pissing about.

Smalling is good. Michael Owen said is a great defender? Stands on your toes, elbows and kicks you. All good defender qualities, but admittedly, his passing is off under Moyes.

I remember that Moyes said he wasn't surprised Man U were champions after watching them training for a few weeks. Bobby Gould said similar last season. It's amazing that Moyes has destroyed them so quickly. Even drawing with Man U hasn't saved the Fulham managers job. The owners obviously expected 3 points v united. That's how far Man U have fallen.

Mouse is not Ferguson , Taylor not Clough he ran the squad low where is there completion for places, look at City and Chelsea.

Nani cost them the win v Madrid as did Van Persie choking in both games, he can't play in big games never has been able too...

All that money and big games he is no good...

I see Fergie got more than he should of, they are not Moyes players...so don't play for him at the top level ...

Whoever took over would not have got as much as Fergie did... He is a legend players knew about him before they joined, the same players can't respect Moyes as much...

Vidic 3 years ago best number 5 in Europe a shadow of his former self, watch Class of 92 a decent doc/ film

Hi,

I haven't praised the work of Poyet at Sunderland yet but he has done a great job. :clap1 In the final of the League Cup and qf of The Cup. I'm sure he will steer Sunderland to safety. Uruguay is a country of a few million people but have won 2 World Cups. They know their football and it is a country I have to visit at some time.

Hi,

I haven't praised the work of Poyet at Sunderland yet but he has done a great job. :clap1 In the final of the League Cup and qf of The Cup. I'm sure he will steer Sunderland to safety. Uruguay is a country of a few million people but have won 2 World Cups. They know their football and it is a country I have to visit at some time.

Fair comment, and spot on..

Agreed. He has done a great job. Early on he had some bad decisions go against them and cost them points, like the rescinded red card etc. But he has still managed to climb out the relegation zone. And he has character as he spoke out in the Luis Suarez / Evra incident , when most would have kept quiet.

Can only agree wrt Gus Poyet and the Macams. At least Sunderland, along with Palace ( much as I personally dislike Pulis), sacked a lunatic to make way for a well-proven time served manager, unlike others down in the bottom half, where they seem to be sacking really good prospects!

As for relegation; I reckon my previous guess of West Ham, is probably not going to happen. I still think Fulham (even more so now) and West Brom ( sorry Eggy) along with Cardiff for the drop.

Any other predictions ?

Edited by Fatboyfat