Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Premier League 2013-14

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agree. Time for a management change at Arsenal.

Too many players just going through the motions.

Injuries to key players have hurt the team again but the same thing happens season after season.

Wenger lives in fantasyland with all his hype about "potential."

Leagues are won on ability, team spirit and commitment ... and an open check book helps!

Edited by Dungheap
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He left a team that won the league by about 13 points.   Everton are above Man U , despite Moyes taking their best player of last season to Man U. Moyes isn't up to the job. He never could motivat

Do you think Man U would be 14 points behind the Leaders at this stage of the season if Fergie was still Manager?

So we can assume your in depth analysis and solutions for my team are based on this riding statement then ?

Posted Images

My thoughts go further……..

Undoubtably Wenger has managed Arsenal well. His teams have played attractive and sometimes effective football.

But Arsenal led the charge for foreign imports rather than bringing on and giving a chance to local talent.

Just look at how many English/British players Arsenal used to contribute to our home nations International teams and how few Wenger's Arsenal has given us.

If it's not immediately apparent exactly when Wenger's reign began……..Viera was one of his first signings. I reckon only 3 English players, (Cole ,Gibbs and Wilshere), can be credited to Arsen's time as manager.

Sooner he goes the better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arsenal_F.C._players

Edited by atlas2

. I think history will judge Wenger kindly. He has done a great job

Have people stopped counting silverware as a gauge of success?

And have you never listened to Talksport. where Arse gets regularly ridiculed? I don't think he has ever beaten a Mourinho side.

• Downvote 1

And have you never listened to Talksport. where Arse gets regularly ridiculed? I don't think he has ever beaten a Mourinho side.

Hi,

Your fellow Scot, Alan Brazil, seems to have a pathological hatred of Arsenal . Dont know why that is, and I'd never listen to Durham, he is just a wind up merchant. I suppose he has to make a living some way. Neil Warnock, who IMO is the best pundit on Talksport is a big fan of Arsene. Winning trophies is part of the deal, but Wenger has changed the culture of English football for ever and built a beautiful stadium on Holloway Road.

Have people stopped counting silverware as a gauge of success?

Another measure would be what has Mourinhos budget been at these clubs, he only goes where there is an unlimited budget and still plays appalling football...

Let's hope Liverpool win the EPL, but I can see City getting at Flanagan and Sturridge looks like a choker in big games, the people who pay the biggest wages get the best players have the best teams and win stuff,,, times have changed...

Even the CPL seeded, home and away winners of leagues play second in other league this ensures the richest clubs get through...

It's a pity really as there is not much to discuss, sure Arsenal fell away injuries to Ramsey, Walcott , Ozil and Wilshire on a good day they could get 4 th spot. The squad can't compete with City or Chelsea seems Sanga is off it City ,,,,

But I see Man Utd are second highest payers, that's amazing given their run down squad.....

Wenger has overachieved , but thinking they can compete at the top is nieve

Hi,

Your fellow Scot, Alan Brazil, seems to have a pathological hatred of Arsenal . Dont know why that is, and I'd never listen to Durham, he is just a wind up merchant. I suppose he has to make a living some way. Neil Warnock, who IMO is the best pundit on Talksport is a big fan of Arsene. Winning trophies is part of the deal, but Wenger has changed the culture of English football for ever and built a beautiful stadium on Holloway Road.

Brazil was a spurs player....

Wenger had an edge in Europe , scouting but with internet there are no more secrets...... The bet youngsters get snapped up,,, 18 top years ago scouting was important,,,, not now... Just outbid ... City and Chelsea style...

Brazil was a spurs player....

Wenger had an edge in Europe , scouting but with internet there are no more secrets...... The bet youngsters get snapped up,,, 18 top years ago scouting was important,,,, not now... Just outbid ... City and Chelsea style...

A bit like E-bay then........... :D

Wenger had an edge in Europe , scouting but with internet there are no more secrets......

Hi,

Yeah, that must be about right.

Hi,

It was Arsenal fans views I was listening to. There have been fans calling for him to go for years. Arsene would whine about teams not playing to Arsenals strengths lol. The way to manage is - you come up with tactics to beat the league you are in and the teams you play, and use a different style for Europe. He obviously didn't really suss a long term winning strategy, end of. And he lost finals v poor opposition. Pretty hypocritical that you call an also ran great, and claim a great legacy, yet criticize real winners for years.

Hi,

Well done to Leicester City for making the Premiership again. The big game of the weekend is Liverpool v Man City. I can't see City being beaten so will have a little on them on the AH.(0)

Hi,

Well done to Leicester City for making the Premiership again. The big game of the weekend is Liverpool v Man City. I can't see City being beaten so will have a little on them on the AH.(0)

With your predictive record, I will definitely take the other side of that prediction. I hope your EPL predictions are as bad as your financial ones. :poke

Okay, here's my revised prediction for end of season...

1. Liverpool

2. Chelsea

3. Man City

4. Arsenal

5. Everton

6. Man U

7. Spurs

... even though I'd love to see Everton get Fourth spot and although I don't want Spurs playing in the Europa League again next season, it would be funny if Man U were to play a season not in any European matches.

Hi,

Yes you can!

With your predictive record, I will definitely take the other side of that prediction. I hope your EPL predictions are as bad as your financial ones. :poke

Hi,

At this stage we are all scousers. People will be happy to see Gerrard win the League. And next weekend we will all be shouting for the blue side of Liverpool when they play their game. I stand by my excellent record on this site BTW.

Hi,

At this stage we are all scousers. People will be happy to see Gerrard win the League. And next weekend we will all be shouting for the blue side of Liverpool when they play their game. I stand by my excellent record on this site BTW.

LOL.

You're incorrigible..

What a cracking game between Liverpool-Man City! But I don't know why Man City didn't play for a draw from the get go.
Kompany was obviously injured, Yaya lasted 15 mins or so, Aguero just coming back from injury as a sub... hardly an ideal time to go toe-to-toe with the hottest attack in the league at Anfield. A draw would have been enough for the Blue Moon crew to take the title if they had won all their remaining fixtures.

Liverpool got the run of the luck (hey someone has to get it, right?) but between Suarez's diving/foul antics, the Skyrt's handball and wobbles at the back with Flanagan, clearances of the line and Silva missing TWO golden chances ... Liverpool were fortunate to win. Not saying they didn't deserve it overall but just saying they were very fortunate even with the own goal.

Suarez's through ball to Sterling for the first goal was brilliant and Sterling's follow-up play was outstanding but there were several opportunities with Liverpool on the fast break 2-on-1 with Sterling and Sturridge opting to go alone instead of passing to Luis. FFS, he's the best attacking forward in the league, one of the best in the world, unless Suarez is double teamed then give him the ball at every opportunity!!!

• Upvote 1

It was Arsenal fans views I was listening to. There have been fans calling for him to go for years. Arsene would whine about teams not playing to Arsenals strengths lol. The way to manage is - you come up with tactics to beat the league you are in and the teams you play, and use a different style for Europe. He obviously didn't really suss a long term winning strategy, end of. And he lost finals v poor opposition. Pretty hypocritical that you call an also ran great, and claim a great legacy, yet criticize real winners for years.

Unless you can buy the best you won't have the best, Rodgers has done terrific with Liverpool but I can't see them winning it sadly, Arsenal have had to sell players as they are not funded like City or Chelsea, Nasri, Toure, Adebayor, Clichy... All went for more money as did Ashley Cole, Alexander Hleb , Van Persie etc etc...

Wenger has overachieved since the big money rolled in, he also tries to play proper football,

If he had Chelsea's salary budget no one would get near his sides....

What a cracking game between Liverpool-Man City! But I don't know why Man City didn't play for a draw from the get go.

Kompany was obviously injured, Yaya lasted 15 mins or so, Aguero just coming back from injury as a sub... hardly an ideal time to go toe-to-toe with the hottest attack in the league at Anfield. A draw would have been enough for the Blue Moon crew to take the title if they had won all their remaining fixtures.

Liverpool got the run of the luck (hey someone has to get it, right?) but between Suarez's diving/foul antics, the Skyrt's handball and wobbles at the back with Flanagan, clearances of the line and Silva missing TWO golden chances ... Liverpool were fortunate to win. Not saying they didn't deserve it overall but just saying they were very fortunate even with the own goal.

Suarez's through ball to Sterling for the first goal was brilliant and Sterling's follow-up play was outstanding but there were several opportunities with Liverpool on the fast break 2-on-1 with Sterling and Sturridge opting to go alone instead of passing to Luis. FFS, he's the best attacking forward in the league, one of the best in the world, unless Suarez is double teamed then give him the ball at every opportunity!!!

Was a great game, Sturridge should have put it Pitt of sight, I agree though anyone could have won it..

Why does Hart get dragged into ball watching.... He did it v Chelsea... How can he get a ball through 2 of his own players, the fool juts had to stay on his line...

How is he the best keeper in England ??

Man City blew it tonight, despite a Mannone howler.

Pewlis has done a fantastic job with Palace.

The El Classico. Barca looked poor. The manager picked the wrong team, and an under full strength Madrid won it pretty easily.

• Downvote 1

The El Classico. Barca looked poor. The manager picked the wrong team, and an under full strength Madrid won it pretty easily.

Hi,

Welsh football is on the up. Pulis and Hughes have done really well this year and Bale looked world class last night as we beat the dreaded catalans.

Edited by wacmedia

Another measure would be what has Mourinhos budget been at these clubs, he only goes where there is an unlimited budget and still plays appalling football...

Wenger has overachieved , but thinking they can compete at the top is nieve

Hi,

Good post. It looks like Liverpool now after Chelsea defeat. I didn't fancy any horses on Saturday so done a little patent on the football. I want Fulham to stay in the Prem so backed them @5/1 to beat Tottenham(lost) I knew that if Chelsea lost my money was gone so backed Sunderland @10/1(won) The money went over on to Everton @7/5 (won) Everton are the team I usually have a bet on and was very confident they would beat Man Utd.

Well it had to happen sooner or later......." Moyes sacked by Man Utd "

They could have given him until the end of the season ( 3 games ) but it's going to cost a bundle to compensate him , he had a long contract.....!

Consider Fergie's emotions…...It's all gone to rat-shit without him, (he'll take some pleasure in that) but Moyes was his choice…..his fault!

There isn't really a word in English that captures it. 'Ambivalence' or 'bittersweet' don't quite convey the love that's involved here. Perhaps a word that Mourinho would understand fits best.

From Portuguese we have the word 'saudade' that powerful feeling of loss for the past and the future……That something or someone perhaps still with you…. has 'gone'

Fergie must know he'll be forgiven, but nevertheless………. last page blotted.

Edited by atlas2