Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Can Vietnamese Dong be changed in Pattaya ?

I am in Hanoi now and due to the fact that draught beer is so cheap (5000 dong on the sidewalk) and reasonably priced pfp seems to be too much hassle to find I will probably eng up with too many dong.

So can Vietnamese dong (vnd) be exchanged in Pattaya at a reasonable rate or are the only worth something in Vietnam ?

I didn't think you could take Dong out of Vietnam.

Perhaps change it to $ there or at the Vietnamese Airport.

It does actually appear on the Bangkok Bank list, buying at 1.10 per 1000. I guess that is 1.1 baht/1000 Dong.

Edited by jacko

I highly doubt it. Best bet would be to try Yengit exchance. There is one on walking street and another in Jomtien soi 5 right by immigration.

When I went to Vietnam a couple of years ago I changed what remaining Dong I had at HCMC airport. Can't remember how much I changed but it wasn't a lot. I was under the impression that you couldn't exchange Dong outside Vietnam and even if you can would not expect to get a decent rate outside of Vietnam.

Hope this helps. TG

Thank you guys. The VND is not worthless in Pattaya - it just has a low rate - but that is also true in Vietnam.
I tried changing 3 million in my small hotel which would have given me 139 US$ minus a reasonable 3 % exchange fee. It turned out they only had 110 US $ so they gave me back 600000 VND.

I had no more time to change in Vietnam so I took the 600000 together with an additional 1250000 I had to Yenjit moneychangers in soi Buakhao and they gave me a rate of 0.0013 (and my XE conversion app says 0.0015 so that is fair) resulting in just over 2400 THB.

So 110 US$ and 2400 THB - maybe not a fortune but certainly not worthless at least not to me :-)

So I beg to differ Mirkwood ;-)

• Upvote 2

I'll give you 30 Baht/1 Scottish Pound. How many do you have? :thumbup

Sounds like a good offer. After the Scottish independence vote, who knows. :whistling:

Thank you guys. The VND is not worthless in Pattaya - it just has a low rate - but that is also true in Vietnam.

I tried changing 3 million in my small hotel which would have given me 139 US$ minus a reasonable 3 % exchange fee. It turned out they only had 110 US $ so they gave me back 600000 VND.

I had no more time to change in Vietnam so I took the 600000 together with an additional 1250000 I had to Yenjit moneychangers in soi Buakhao and they gave me a rate of 0.0013 (and my XE conversion app says 0.0015 so that is fair) resulting in just over 2400 THB.

So 110 US$ and 2400 THB - maybe not a fortune but certainly not worthless at least not to me :-)

So I beg to differ Mirkwood ;-)

Looks like you found a solution to your problem...I had no doubt cause Pattaya is the land of Dongs...

it i not just Vietnamese Dong that can be changed in Pattaya, in fact

every Dong changes in Pattaya. My Dong does always have a life changing

experience in Pattaya

Why can't Foreigners get laid in Vietnam?

I've never read a TR where the Author says he got laid easy.

Is it because only Idiots go there or what? Vietnamese Women are hot and poor by our standards. What's the difficulty? Flash the Dong.

You can get laid - the reason it takes more work is because it is illegal and the government will enforce the laws if someone too openly disregards this.

Expats knows their way around it - and as a tourist it is not too difficult to find a way.

Is it because only Idiots go there or what? Vietnamese Women are hot and poor by our standards. What's the difficulty? Flash the Dong.

To begin with the hotels are strictly regulated and most do not allow women to join you. But it is possible to get laid - try the massage places. And if you research it, you can find hotels that allow women.

I had a great night in HCM, there are loads of bars, a few lady bars behind closed doors, sort of a Ban Chang arrangement and loads of music bars where there are Free Lancers. Bit pricey as far as I can remember, up to $100 for average looking lady.

• Upvote 1

I have heard second hand about guys getting a root in Vietnam. As it is not on my bucket list it is not some thing I go out of my way to find. But on our last years trip when we were walking passed Hair dress they were done up to the nines, like what I have seen in soapies in Thailand it just looks out of place so maybe there.

Last trip last month we gave getting a massage one last try, just down from our hotel was a neon sign Foot Massage well we thought we couldn't go wrong there, so we double checked the price with the guy who was hanging around out front $15 au bit high but alot cheaper than home. We were shown into hotel reception and then up to the 9th floor. It was quite a grouty place and lots of massage chairs to close to together, the massage was crap they just slap you its not a massage. But you can get a VIP room for 30 au and while we were there 2 Asian guys came out still getting dressed and tip the 2 girls who were with them, who showed their apprehension if you know what I mean. When we tipped at end of the slapping/massage we didn't have any small notes so basely gave each girl 5 au they showed their apprehension, I could of got blow job if I wanted. So we guessed it was properly were you went if wanted to get laid. The Girls were all well endowed and allowed me to test them all there was about 6 of them, they were all young about 20 but hard to tell with Asians. All wearing short tight little red dresses with low cleavage line. Badboy was to busy getting passionately kissed to see what I was up to.

P1030143 (1024x768).jpg

Imagen this in bed oops Red

P1030061 (768x1024).jpg

On our Motor bike tour we were shown where the short time hotels are but that was more for the locals as there are 3 generation living in a one bed room homes, so they use hourly rate hotels when the need arises.

Edited by aussiechic
  • Upvote 1

I am totally apprehensive of this report of yours, aussiechic...thank you, and I wish there was some way to show my apprehension.

Also, I am amazed that there is a street that looks like Soi LK Metro in Vietnam...thanks and much apprehension for that too. :P

post-10158-0-05315700-1383401397.jpg

I am totally apprehensive of this report of yours, aussiechic...thank you, and I wish there was some way to show my apprehension.

Also, I am amazed that there is a street that looks like Soi LK Metro in Vietnam...thanks and much apprehension for that too. :P

post-10158-0-05315700-1383401397.jpg

bloody spell check I am leaving it in unless you want to change it.

Not the street the girl it is the closes photo I had to what they looked like.

Edited by aussiechic

Good report thank you. If you fancy a Vietnamesre woman you will find plenty in the thia bar kuala lumpur.

Hundreds of them ready to play with your dong.

posted from my Samsung using Tapatalk 2.