Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

registered sim cards and banned internet sites

I miss the good old days, when I was a crazy foilhat conspiracy theorist for saying that the government is reading our email and intercepting our phone calls.

Now everybody knows that the government is reading our email and intercepting our phone calls but now I'm a crazy foilhat conspiracy theorist for giving a shit about my privacy.

I guess I should be grateful that Tony Soprano is protecting me from visits from Paulie and Christopher.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazes me about how super secretive people are about their basically meaningless lives. I am not Jason Bourne or James Bond. If the government wants to waste its time and money listening to me bitch a

Ok. Once again, You will not lost your number even if you can't register in these 6 months What will happen is that you will not be able to make calls or send messages, but you will still be able

1. VPN for $35 a year   2. Go to Japan. Gaijin cannot have a cell phone at all, ouch.   3. Ask any convenient TG to get the phone for you.   Keep in mind you , an ordinary guy get a cell phone a

I miss the good old days, when I was a crazy foilhat conspiracy theorist for saying that the government is reading our email and intercepting our phone calls.

Now everybody knows that the government is reading our email and intercepting our phone calls but now I'm a crazy foilhat conspiracy theorist for giving a shit about my privacy.

I guess I should be grateful that Tony Soprano is protecting me from visits from Paulie and Christopher.

Well, at least you haven't lost the foilhat!

Well, at least you haven't lost the foilhat!

Reminds me of the old joke: I read in the newspaper that excessive drinking can kill you. So I decided to stop reading the newspaper.

• Upvote 1

Probably just a coincidence, but I discovered this morning I could not send SMS texts and, apparently, could not make calls on my phone with an AIS SIM. Even topped up 200 baht through Kasikorn as a I thought that would generate a text to me. Nothing. It worked fine as a WiFi device.

So I headed off to the AIS store in Central Festival. Young lady checks my number and then checks to be sure there is a SIM. Then she restarts the phone. After all, it's a computer, if all else fails, reboot. The phone worked.

She then asked if I wanted to register the phone. I had brought my passport for that purpose but would have forgotten if she had not asked.

Then after I left the store, I got 7 SMS texts informing me I had topped up 20 baht. This was in addition to the earlier 200 baht I had done. No messages from Kasikorn so I don't think it was leakage or ghosts. Registration bonus?

Similar thing happened to me on my smart phone in the U.S (U.S sim card). Texts stopped coming in, incoming calls did not work. I could call out and text out. Fixed it by taking the battery out while it was on and reinserting.

If you registered your SIM with a passport, you must be a foreigner... ;) ... and more seriously, I don't think that Thai/foreigner is their problem. The initial reason for the registration was the "terrorism problem" in the South, and certainly mainly Thai people.

I have now been in LOS for 9 years and in that time have bought numerous SIM cards - usually at 7/11 - and have never shown any identification - Just pay 100 B and walk away

Two days ago I registered my Truemove H SIM. I was told that I would get an SMS from True confirming the registration. I didn't get any SMS message. Today I dialed *151#. I got a message in Thai and had my wife look at it. She said the number wasn't registered. I then called 1331 and asked True if my card was registered or not. They assured me that it was registered. It had been working fine so I was sure that something had happened. TIT.