Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 243 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Its the unions these old cows are in. They have very little chance of being fired and there are no performance based incentives, they have gotten these jobs from seniority. Just playing out their strings and look at passengers as impediments to their total lack of motivation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I find UAL fine but then my home airport is IAH/Houston and UAL has in effect a monopoly there although EVA is about to open a direct flight from IAH to Taipei.

UAL has also rescinded the no free alcohol on international flights they they took after the Continental merger.

As it is today, on the 11-hour haul from IAH to Narita UAL uses newish 777s and the flight attendants come through at least every couple of hours with water trays in addition to the 4 to 5 food/drink services they provide during the flight. Available water brought to your seat hourly seems fine to me.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

:uh-uh: i think EVA gave them a wake up call. Just got the word that they are gonig back to bkk

from nrt. it will be a 757 small plane. i have had to ticket in nrt the last 2 trips as ana will check bags thru but not tickets. :hairout

we will see in late 16 if this works out for them.

• Upvote 1

Why would anyone fly United?

I used to fly a lot to and from the USA.

To be honest I avoided the USA carriers because I found the cabin service poor and didn't like paying for a beer.

I also did a lot of trips between USA and China and went with a group of USA guys, no way were they not going to use a USA carrier as they all were neurotic about getting their air-miles in. Fortunately it was Biz Class, but I still resented the crappy service by the old-ladies of United, when I could have been on Cathay or JAL!

US carriers have not been the same since deregulation.

Carriers have merged and competition has decreased. With that has come a business model that is less consumer friendly.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • 1 month later...

:flames: ual burns us again. $785 iah to bkk 1695 miles award actual miles 9695.

if you want to pay 14786$ us for bussiness 31000 miles.

!st is 19100 us 84000 miles. at least you get the 9695 miles for elite status. :wtf

with thier sh-t service and flight times i would bet that they have to change.

to many non-us airlines with better flight times and service (ant service at all would win)

it ties in with thier new aircraft order to airbus. wider and more first class seats and the same with preium economy seats.

the aile will shirk from 24 inches to 22 inches. that will help to evacuate if needed.

sounds like midwest airlines worked great for them. :a2m

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago i was looking to buy a cheap ticket from BKK to NRT to see the then girlfriend, the cheapest was United.

I had never flown with an American airline (having never had the desire to go to America) & was amazed that people ever bought another ticket with them??

I put me off all American airlines & I have seen very little to persuade me to try one again!

Be Nice

Moby69

New CEO @ United...

Anybody believe him?

United Airlines CEO Pledges to Stop Being Awful to Customers and Employees

http://time.com/money/4058048/united-airlines-ceo-oscar-munoz-change/

An improvement with regards to PR could be made with relative ease and not to much expense (I don't necessarily think they will manage it to any "noticeable" extent though). They all say they will but..... Jeez, even Ryan Air, a notorious UK budget airline, with a truly appalling attitude to its customers perpetuated by an equally obscene CEO is trying to "clean up its act" in that way and failing. :rolleyes:

The problems with United are more than skin (or thick-skinned) deep though, and the whole product needs a major overhaul, including cabin furniture. Costs for them to catch up after years of neglect would be exorbitant.

• 2 weeks later...

The US airlines would even be more crappy without competition from the asian airlines. Thankfully, I have the choice to spend my money on foreign airlines when flying out of the US, which I have done for quite a while now.

One thing that US airlines are really perfect at is making sure that the CEO is very well paid :lol:

Edited by whitney
  • Upvote 2