Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Must have walked past this place over 100 times over the years and the only reason I have never gone in must have been a bad review I read somewhere.

Now I love a good ruby and have been known to eat them daily when I was in Leeds over 30 years ago.

In fact one of the things I realised when I did the bolt to Australia was that I would be missing Indian food.

(I was moving to the sticks and nowhere near a city or even a large town.

Anyway the other day as I wandered past I noticed about ten Indians eating there so I thought it can't be that bad so went in.

Was I surpirised, you bet. Just had a standard chicken curry with a couple of chapaties. The waiter asked if I wanted mild or spicy and I said spicy would be fine.

It was better than great. Decent sized portions and the chapaties were absolutley perfect.

Yesterday went again and got a mutton roganjosh, two chapaties and three popadoms for 345Baht, brilliant!

This place will see me a few more times before this trip is over.

So if you want a great ruby with out the wait you get at the Tikka Centre give it a go.

It's at the top of the arcade opposite the Cherry Bar, next to Papagayo.

• Upvote 4

Is that the little place up the Arcade where Kiss and Beefeater are located? (Just B4 soi Diana off 2nd). If so I may have been responsible for the bad past reviews. That was many many years ago and if the place is much improved I am glad to hear it.

When I went it was normally because I had won or acquired a discount voucher from the entry ticket prize draw at the Expats club. Being on a cheapo meal perhaps I got a curry from a special pot! :D

Thanks for updating us.

Edited by jacko

Thank you, lantern, for recommending Little India. Of all the major national cuisines, Indian is the one I eat the least. That's probably due to me visiting India only once and a lack of good Indian restaurants in the areas I previously lived. It's good to have a decent option close to where I live.

So pics from my first (but won't be last) visit. It's a clean and well-lit place, which is a very positive factor for me.

1.jpg

I had the mutton tikka biryani (270 B ); mint raita (60 B ) and the Peshwari naan (90 B ). SML was 80 b.

2.jpg

I asked for it to be served "medium" spicy and that was certainly enough heat for me.

3.jpg

At the price, it could have done with a bit more meat in the biryani, but the taste was good.

4.jpg

5.jpg

The Peshwari naan with almonds and raisins was the mosst epensive of the many naan options on the menu. It went well with the biryani.

6.jpg

Evil

• Upvote 2

Some more pics from Little India> I had the special of the day at 400 baht. It was good, but too much food. There was enough for two meals.

post-276-0-55057200-1439228667.jpg

The pakora (mixed vegetable fritters) was nice, especially the mushrooms.

post-276-0-27991600-1439228674.jpg

The meal aslo came with a super portion of rice and big aloo (potato-stuffed) naan.

post-276-0-45201700-1439231345.jpg

The cicken tikka marsala had a lot of chicken and the sauce was excellent.

post-276-0-27334000-1439228679.jpg

post-276-0-50448000-1439229597.jpg

I'll continue to visit Little India.

Used it once last trip - by accident really, I was aiming at the English place next door but missed. :leaving

So, once I was sitting, I ordered anyway. Can't remember what, but it was one of the best Indian meals I've had. Definitely recommended.

Fantastic. As with others, I have walked past this place many times, but was a bit cautious as to its quality. Thanks for doing the "testing" for me, as I will visit it for a meal.

This is on my "to do" list, finding a decent Indian is tough in Patts and while I will probably only go there maybe once on our next trip, it is appreciated because I've heard some real horror stories about a few along BR. Thanks Chaps.

We ate here after the Gentleman's Club crawl Friday 14th August 2015 (as did BM Lantern). The food was excellent although I had a bit of hypo going on and couldn't enjoy it - ate the leftovers next day - yum!. The owner Mejaan had a chat with us. He hasn't had it long which may explain the poor reviews a while ago.

We ate there again TODAY at lunchtime - great!

Andy Cap

Great to here a few are enjoying the meals there.

I had a simple Mutton Curry (spicy) after the crawl, with a couple of chapattis. Couldn't fault it.

Nothing like a good ruby after a belly full of piss.

• 2 weeks later...

yes i have been there too. its just opp to papagayo and next to the open bars right?

food is good and delicious(not that i have never eaten indian food) :D

staff soft spoken and there was a cute nepali girl in there at work had a few chats with her.

they even give takeaways

also note the advantages of sitting oudoors is that u can get entertained by watching the girls in papagayo or and enjoy the open bar music opposite all for FREE

Edited by kratos