Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pattaya Pizza Recommendations

I'm headed into Ptty sometime next week after finishing up business here in Tokyo. You'd think that an advanced society like the Japanese would have mastered pizza-making by now. But noooooo, I haven't found anything around where I've been working that even comes close to the pizza that I'm craving.

Because pizza comes in all kinds of different "sub-species", let me define what I'm looking for.

**Something like a big slice in NYC** -- thin crust (I hate bready crusts) but not too crispy either. Ideally sliced big enough to fold over. Nothing fancy or modern -- don't want cheese stuffed into the crust, sriracha sauce all over it, or masutake mushrooms on top. A simple pizza margherita with the right crust is everything I need.

Recommendations from the board would be greatly appreciated!

My #1 pizza place: Brooklyn Dinner, on Soi Buakhao opposite Soi Agogos (LK)

My #2: Pizza Italia, off Soi Buakhao near Soi 15.

Just curious, but have you ever visited Pizza Big?

Before I'm asked, I have used Brooklyn Dinner. Thouht it was ok. Not Pizza Italia.

**Something like a big slice in NYC** -- thin crust (I hate bready crusts) but not too crispy either. Ideally sliced big enough to fold over. Nothing fancy or modern -- don't want cheese stuffed into the crust, sriracha sauce all over it, or masutake mushrooms on top. A simple pizza margherita with the right crust is everything I need.

NYC-style pizza is basically an adaptation of Neapolitan pizza and there are a few places in Pattaya which offer decent Neapolitan pizza. Keep in mind that for many people one of the distinguishing features of a "true" NYC pizza is that it is baked in a coal-fired oven rather than a wood-fired oven. You won't find coal-fired ovens outside NYC.

Two of the best places for Neapolitan pizza are Pizza Italy off Soi Bukhao :

post-9139-0-89454600-1413706428.jpg

and Fire and Stone Pizzeria on Pattaya Klang between 2nd and Beach Roads:

post-6485-0-84816900-1415919560.jpg

Both of these have Italian chefs and the chef at Fire and Stone has worked at a pizzeria in NYC.

As Idefix said, the Brooklyn Diner also does good pizza. I like the pizza at Mama's Cafe on Soi 6, but maybe the crust is a bit thick for your taste.

Evil

:devil

• Upvote 1

I haven't tried the pizza at Fire and Stone, but that picture makes me hungry enough to give them a call.

For the moment, from 12-5 pm, they offer a 25% discount on every item, including delivery requests.

Here's their blurb on Facebook...

Low-Season Special Offer!

25% Discount off food between 12pm-5pm Every Day!

Offer available for Eat-In, Take Away, and Deliveries!

Please quote SO915 to claim your Special Offer!

Tel: 038-362-186

Wow, thanks guys for the recommends.

Am going to try Fire and Stone if only b/c Evil's photo plus Martin's discount info make it compelling. But will try most of the other places in this thread -- already posted and in any subsequent posts -- just because I love pizza.

:-)

Wow, thanks guys for the recommends.

Am going to try Fire and Stone if only b/c Evil's photo plus Martin's discount info make it compelling. But will try most of the other places in this thread -- already posted and in any subsequent posts -- just because I love pizza.

Well, I just ordered a pizza and discovered that the 25% discount has been discontinued. It was still on their FB page when I ordered, but they deleted the post after my order...sorry , guys!

Well, I just ordered a pizza and discovered that the 25% discount has been discontinued. It was still on their FB page when I ordered, but they deleted the post after my order...sorry , guys!

lol - TIT.

Apparently, you didn't give them your best smile and charm.

A few years ago, there used to be a pizza by the slice place on Soi Diana Inn, right near Soi LK Metro. Right next to the drugstore. Not he very best pizza, but it would do late at night if you're already in the vicinity and drunk. I wonder if they place is still there? Otherwise, I've only sampled pizza here and there. One place I tried was just about right across from the Royal Garden Plaza, on 2nd Road. Not bad. And then there was a place right off Soi 7, about halfway down. Forget the name, but they had OK pizzas and other Italian food.

• 2 weeks later...

Pizza place across from Sugarbaby's on WS is pretty good... (if you don't want to travel vast distances)...

Pizza Big is my #1 though... (it's in Nakula)...

There used to be a NY pizza place down the street from Pizza Big (in one of the plaza's... same side of the street... don't know if it is still there..)...

I'm headed into Ptty sometime next week after finishing up business here in Tokyo. You'd think that an advanced society like the Japanese would have mastered pizza-making by now. But noooooo, I haven't found anything around where I've been working that even comes close to the pizza that I'm craving.

Because pizza comes in all kinds of different "sub-species", let me define what I'm looking for.

Did you ever get any pizza?

^

Martin, I hit Brooklyn....okay, not the best. Will swing by Fire and Stone next week. Pete -- OMG, I had a small personal (5") Hawaiian Pizza at the Beer Garden.....dude, for the sake of civilization as we know it, we just GOTTA do better than that. When I was kid, I did better pizzas in a toaster oven and toppings on an English muffin. Oh My Buddah!

Also, sadly, my WS hello girl wanted Pizza Hut the other night. Jeebus H. Christmas.....the things we do to make the cute girl happy just before sex.

Pizza hut -- yuck.

:-(

^

Martin, I hit Brooklyn....okay, not the best. Will swing by Fire and Stone next week. Pete -- OMG, I had a small personal (5") Hawaiian Pizza at the Beer Garden.....dude, for the sake of civilization as we know it, we just GOTTA do better than that. When I was kid, I did better pizzas in a toaster oven and toppings on an English muffin. Oh My Buddah!

Also, sadly, my WS hello girl wanted Pizza Hut the other night. Jeebus H. Christmas.....the things we do to make the cute girl happy just before sex.

Pizza hut -- yuck.

:-(

After my post about Fire and Stone, I received my pizza. I was not impressed.

Personally, I find the New York Pizza place on 3rd Road to be my favorite overall.

Bronx Pizza on Soi Diana Inn. Thin crust sold in slices. One slice 70 baht, two for 99 baht. 50 baht for each slice after that.

http://www.bronxpizzapattaya.com/

Link to map.

That's the place I mentioned in an earlier post......Little Suzie and both Luck Bars are my daytime drinking holes and I made a point of hanging around 'til 3pm to try some and report back on this thread...

3pm.. "closed" on the door.. a Thai boy inside spinning dough over his head..

3:15 ditto....

3:16 I fuck off

EDIT = I just checked the website that has opening time at 4pm ... Unfortunately the bit of paper stuck on the door since opening said 3pm...

Edited by Bullfrog
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend the little Italian place on Soi LK Metro across from Champagne. I have eaten there several times and the pizza is quite good. If memory serves price is around 250 baht or so depending on toppings. All the food is quite good there if you are in a mind to try something else. I think it is call Venezia but I could be wrong.

Bronx Pizza on Soi Diana Inn. Thin crust sold in slices. One slice 70 baht, two for 99 baht. 50 baht for each slice after that.

http://www.bronxpizzapattaya.com/

Link to map.

I ate here a few times last month. Great value and tasty product.

Owner is American but been in Thailand for years. Pleasant bloke.

Highly recommended if you want instant gratification at fair prices.

I have heard only good things about this place.... The piece of paper giving 3pm opening has been removed.....If you know the owner please can you ask him to put a sign on the door/ window with opening times .. thanks

• 3 weeks later...

NYC-style pizza is basically an adaptation of Neapolitan pizza and there are a few places in Pattaya which offer decent Neapolitan pizza. Keep in mind that for many people one of the distinguishing features of a "true" NYC pizza is that it is baked in a coal-fired oven rather than a wood-fired oven. You won't find coal-fired ovens outside NYC.

Two of the best places for Neapolitan pizza are Pizza Italy off Soi Bukhao :

and Fire and Stone Pizzeria on Pattaya Klang between 2nd and Beach Roads:

Both of these have Italian chefs and the chef at Fire and Stone has worked at a pizzeria in NYC.

As Idefix said, the Brooklyn Diner also does good pizza. I like the pizza at Mama's Cafe on Soi 6, but maybe the crust is a bit thick for your taste.

Evil

:devil

Based on your recommendation of Pizza Italy, I decided to give it a shot. Sadly, it was not great, not bad. I wouldn't make a special effort to go there, but since it's near where I live, I'd return.

PizzaItalyPizza.jpg