Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

post-57906-0-29148500-1483096283_thumb.jpg

Friday's specials! Better late than never!

1. Duck Confit & Tomato Salsa Tacos, Cajun Wedges & Side Salad 240B

2. Lamb Kofta Kebabs, Hummus & Couscous, Salad, Mint & Sour Cream Dressing 250B

3. Sliced Chicken Breast Korma with Wild Rice 240B

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They have an internal staff administration problem and will no doubt be open shortly. Nothing whatsoever to do with unfounded comments about food poisoning.

I had dinner last night at The Bite, which is the reincarnated Bite Me! on the same premises near the corner of Third Road and Soi Lengkee. I had one of the two daily specials- escalope of chicken wi

LOL. I was trained by the US Army to inspect mess halls, restaurants, snack bars on military bases for food sanitation. I have 4 years experience conducting monthly inspections. When a restaurants sta

Posted Images

Sadly (for me, at least), Bite Me has closed its doors after 11 months of operation.

The staff will be moving to the new ROBIN HOOD restaurant in the Avenue shopping center (where the old ALL AMERICAN restaurant was).

The Bite Me location is apparently going to be used for producing vacuum packed ready to eat meals to be sold wholesale to restaurants and also sold retail. There is no time-table for this re-opening.

Sadly (for me, at least), Bite Me has closed its doors after 11 months of operation.

The staff will be moving to the new ROBIN HOOD restaurant in the Avenue shopping center (where the old ALL AMERICAN restaurant was).

The Bite Me location is apparently going to be used for producing vacuum packed ready to eat meals to be sold wholesale to restaurants and also sold retail. There is no time-table for this re-opening.

Sad in a couple of ways. Losing a good restaurant and the fact that some other places will be serving 'boil in a bag' instead of freshly made food.

Sad in a couple of ways. Losing a good restaurant and the fact that some other places will be serving 'boil in a bag' instead of freshly made food.

The boil-in-a-bag offerings are actually pretty good. I've bought them, and they come in handy for a quick main at home.

Thank You MM + thank you Pattaya Talk!!

I was going in there today for a very, very long lunch - For health reasons I hadn't been out for a while and didn't know

I loved the place and loved chatting to the girls. It was the size of the place that appealed to me just as much as the food and staff. It reminded me so much of my favourite Isaan/American refueling hole on Soi Rangnam in the mid '90s. The only place in Pattaya where I felt comfortable to let myself go and get "relaxed out of my head" .....Don't think I shall go to The Avenue. Shame!

EDIT = The girls have moved here http://robinhoodpattaya.com/ ?? :huh: ........ :sorry .......

Edited by Bullfrog

The announcement from Bite Me says that the dishes on the Bite Me menu will be available at the Robin Hood. But it remains to be seen exactly what that means: will the Bite Me dishes be cooked on site at the Robin Hood or will they be "prepared" in some other fashion? If Bite Me can offer the same great food at the same prices but from inside the Robin Hood Tavern, I on't see the location as a negative factor. Both Bite Me and Retox have loyal followings that won't be deterred by an elevator or escalator ride to the second level. The Robin Hood premises have a separate dining area that could be devoted to gastro pub dining, but that only a wild guess on my part.

The acid test will be whether the food that appears in front of diners is as good as it was the Bite Me restaurant on 3rd Road at roughly the same prices.

Evil

:devil

The acid test will be whether the food that appears in front of diners is as good as it was the Bite Me restaurant on 3rd Road at roughly the same prices.

Evil

Also that they offer the same choice of wine and craft beers rather than Mont Clair take it ir leave it.

I really do wish the crew all the best and hope it is a very succesful venture but Retox "loyal followers" can spread thin on the ground if faced with same old same old..... I think it is bad order to knock somebody's rice bowl but how can you compare the female floor manager in Retox yelling at the servers in front of customers to the sublime people and customer management in Bite Me..???

Unfortunetely it is the size of the new place not access that deters me from going as "the personal touch" and customer interaction will get swallowed up in there.....

But Good Luck to the team ...plastic pubs seem to be doing well going by the number of that ilk in business...but it's not for me.....

Also my other watering hole, Super Lek's, opened and closed in 2016. I seem to have an adverse effect on new business' so perhaps it is better that I stay away..

Hi all, it's been a bit frantic these past few days, sorry for not posting earlier. There are still details to be ironed out but we are well aware of some of the issues that have been mentioned - quality of food, smoking, different atmosphere, etc. Yes for a Robin Hood 'Bistro' to keep its customers it needs a separate area away from the sports pub hubbub. There are two possibilities - one inside room, and the huge balcony area which is a people watchers' dream, encircles the entire building, and where it would be easy to add a dozen or so tables in a separate 'bistro' area.

As for quality, maintaining/improving the standards is the constant goal. There is an unavoidable transition period - good as they are the Bite Me team is relatively small, and they have to get to know and handle the RH menu during the busy shift, as well as introduce the BM menu and specials asap. But RH/Retox already have a good team and an excellent exec chef, Simon himself is an achiever who doesn't mess around, so there's no doubt it can all work.

Who has shares in what isn't really relevant. What you have is a bunch of single-minded people who want to succeed, and are always looking at ways to do this. Even in these tough times it can be done.

The old premises on 3rd chosen by our first chef was in the wrong place. It doesn't matter how good your food service and reputation are, in the worst ever year for the hospitality business in town, unless you're number 1 on TripAdvisor or have a 20 year old mailing list of loyal customers (even then it's a struggle), you need to be in the right location for tourist foot traffic as well. And better still with rooms and bar as well as restaurant, with each feeding each other.

So the plan is for the old Bistro to be refitted as a retail outlet and production hub for the many products we make, introducing new lines as well, with a big increase in volume. Orders already in. D2D on hold temporarily, but it won't be long.

Many a slip twixt pint and lip, but we are all confident. Watch this space....

• Upvote 3

There are still details to be ironed out but we are well aware of some of the issues that have been mentioned - quality of food, smoking, different atmosphere, etc. Yes for a Robin Hood 'Bistro' to keep its customers it needs a separate area away from the sports pub hubbub. There are two possibilities - one inside room, and the huge balcony area which is a people watchers' dream, encircles the entire building, and where it would be easy to add a dozen or so tables in a separate 'bistro' area.

I sure hope you go with the "inside room" option, but it would have to be smoking-free and in the best case, noise-free enough so that conservation is possible between diners. The Retox bars can get well rowdy at times- nothing bad, just enthusiastic sports fans, but that type of atmosphere isn't the best for Bite Me-style dining.

It's my fervent hope that Bite Me isn't, uh, swallowed by Retox and you are able to maintain your unique concept and food within a larger and better-located shell.

They say luck shows up most often at the intersection of preparation and opportunity, so

post-6485-0-78851500-1483347521.jpg

Evil

devil.gif

• Upvote 1

I sure hope you go with the "inside room" option, but it would have to be smoking-free and in the best case, noise-free enough so that conservation is possible between diners. The Retox bars can get well rowdy at times- nothing bad, just enthusiastic sports fans, but that type of atmosphere isn't the best for Bite Me-style dining.

It's my fervent hope that Bite Me isn't, uh, swallowed by Retox and you are able to maintain your unique concept and food within a larger and better-located shell.Evil

devil.gif

Darts competition in Bite Me this weekend...........Now THAT is something I wouldn't have expected to hear....

The announcement from Bite Me says that the dishes on the Bite Me menu will be available at the Robin Hood. But it remains to be seen exactly what that means: will the Bite Me dishes be cooked on site at the Robin Hood or will they be "prepared" in some other fashion? If Bite Me can offer the same great food at the same prices but from inside the Robin Hood Tavern, I on't see the location as a negative factor. Both Bite Me and Retox have loyal followings that won't be deterred by an elevator or escalator ride to the second level. The Robin Hood premises have a separate dining area that could be devoted to gastro pub dining, but that only a wild guess on my part.

Evil

You mean a location that has not worked for 3 (or is it more) previous incarnations, one of which was the well respected Shenanigans?

That 'Avenue' Mall has not worked out very well.

What are they doing that is different?

It isn't that the customer base has changed in a more suitable direction, those great pub lovers The Brits are 15% poorer and I don't see a line of Chinese following Winnie The Pooh on a stick turning up there.

That said I will be giving the place a try out of curiosity and the fact that it represents two good names coming together.

Edited by jacko

You mean a location that has not worked for 3 (or is it two) previous incarnations one of which was the well respected Shenanigans?

`

The premises are "hidden" on the second level of The Avenue. The previous three occupants (Shenanigans, Acorn, All American Restaurant) had no chance of attracting walk-ins. Whatever customers the failed ventures had been able to attract had to have known from some source (Internet, print ad, word-of-mouth, etc) the restaurant was there. The failed places weren't able to generate the marketing "buzz" needed to attract new customers.

However, the location in and of itself isn't bad. The Avenue is centrally located on the Jomtien-to-Naklua baht bus route and an easy walk from the Beach Road and So Bukhao routes. Parking is plentiful for those with wheels. There's an escalator and elevator to the second level, so customers don't have to climb stairs. An Oishi branch has prospered on the second level since The Avenue opened.

As long as people know the Robin Hood/Bite Me are there, it's not hard to get to them. Both have a strong presence on the Internet (big FB followings, plenty of mention in the food groups and on the punter boards) and an established customer base. The two existing (and popular) Retox restaurants will feed customers to the new premises. This will make up for the inability to attract passersby.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

You mean a location that has not worked for 3 (or is it more) previous incarnations, one of which was the well respected Shenanigans?

It isn't that the customer base has changed in a more suitable direction, those great pub lovers The Brits are 15% poorer and I don't see a line of Chinese following Winnie The Pooh on a stick turning up there.

That said I will be giving the place a try out of curiosity and the fact that it represents two good names coming together.

I wouldn't put Shenanigans failure in the same class as Acorn and All American.

In the early days Shenanigans did get people through the door, customers didn't mind paying the extra for better quality food and a wider selection of drinks than the typical beer bar, together with aircon. They also had a following from when they were located in from of The Marriott where Diceys is now.

The two main things that hit Shenanigans were; 1. the decline of western exchange rates following the financial crisis of 2008 which made customers think about how much they were paying for food and drink, and; 2. a fall in quality possibly due to indifference of the original management, who moved on to pastures new, and failure of the new management to address the decline in standards.

The guys at Robin Hood have a similar advantage to the Shenanigans team in that they have an existing customer base. In addition their pricing is based on current market conditions, prices seem to be around the same level, or slightly higher than Retox Game On,in addition they make more effective use of social media than Acorn and All American.

I was in Robin Hood the other afternoon and it reminded me of Shenanigans in its early days. Only time will tell if they can be successful in this location, but at least they have got off to a good start unlike Acorn and All American.

• Upvote 2

I don't know if it's possible but perhaps they could put a menu ( and girl?) at the foot of the steps so potential customers know what is on offer upstairs....When I have loitered around there a couple of times last week I saw people looking at the RH sign, then look at the menu of the place downstairs (pizza?), then choose to eat downstairs.

OK, it was hardly in depth market reasearch but it's what I noticed in a fleeting moment in time....

I don't know if it's possible but perhaps they could put a menu ( and girl?) at the foot of the steps so potential customers know what is on offer upstairs....When I have loitered around there a couple of times last week I saw people looking at the RH sign, then look at the menu of the place downstairs (pizza?), then choose to eat downstairs.

OK, it was hardly in depth market reasearch but it's what I noticed in a fleeting moment in time....

An A-Board! Sorry I am just showing off, I only learned what they were called a few years ago. Prior to that they were 'those damned things I fall over when I am not looking where I am going that some idiot left in the middle of the pavement'.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1

An A-Board! Sorry I am just showing off, I only learned what they were called a few years ago. Prior to that they were 'those damned things I fall over when I am not looking where I am going that some idiot left in the middle of the pavement'.

I thought what you are refering to were called Freelancers....

Edited by Bullfrog

Was in RH this morning hoping Bite Me had moved their fridges of wine and craft beers across town. On the way I passed by the old shop as it's part of my walking route but it was in darkness.

There was no sign of any Bite Me staff in RH. There was no sign of anything....anything....from the excellent wine and craft beer selection from Bite Me. There was no sign of anything on the menu other than ..as EP put it ...English comfort food..

Fucked if I'll make the effort again but it's the staff of Bite Me that I feel sorry for. Peter's team were so good, such good company, so happy in their roles that I only hope they have found an alternative to this plastic pub which is as fake as Robin Hood himself..

Did anyone see the Bizzare post on Facebook from the previous chef at Bite Me Bistro?

Which previous chef. There were at least two that I know of.

Some of the daily specials that show up on The Robin Hood Tavern's Facebook page sound and look like Bite Me dishes. Take a look at Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday's specials, Link Only circumstantial evidence, but it may be a soft start to Bite Me's re-emergence.

Evil

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see the Bizzare post on Facebook from the previous chef at Bite Me Bistro?

Which previous chef. There were at least two that I know of.

Phil - if you are thinking of the same post as me, before the thread was deleted, a suitably apologetic and highly embarrassed chef issued a full retraction and said sorry for believing some nonsense he had been told over a beer without checking his facts first. He stated categorically that his comments were ENTIRELY without foundation. I mean hey, Phil, this is Pattaya, you've been here long enough to know how much BS is spouted here by haters ;)

Edited by BiteMeBistro

UPDATE 25TH JANUARY

Sorry for delay updating - took a quick and much-needed holiday :)

So the work at Bite Me has finally begun. Apologies to anyone who has tried to book these past three weeks, not everyone reads the forums or Facebook. Which means they won't read this... oh well lol.

Some have taken a leaf out of the book of modern politics and spread all sorts of fake news. After all, this is Pattaya. However news of our demise is greatly exaggerated ;)

To sum up - despite making reasonable money (sorry doom-mongers!) Bite Me decided that the restaurant scene alone is getting pretty tough these days, and in our view won't be getting much better any time soon. It needs a combo of income streams, not just food, to be worth all the effort and extremely long hours. Especially in the mid-market restaurant range, with low profit margins. So we decided to join up with the Retox/Robin Hood group after an offer from Simon Peatfield. The new set-up may not please everyone. But it's got real potential, and we can't wait to get started.

From the end of the first week of Feb, the bar/eatery part of Bite Me will be rebranded as a Retox business, and the Bite Me staff, currently working over at the Robin Hood, will be back at the 3rd Road premises after a facelift (the Bistro, not the staff...). Yes - originally we hoped to carry the Bite Me menu in a Bistro area at the Robin Hood. But for now, mainly because serving two menus from the same busy kitchen is tough to organise, it's not practical. It may yet happen - there's plenty of space at the Robin Hood, especially on the huge terrace, for a cool Bistro area - but one step at a time.

Back at the old Bistro the girls will be charged with managing our production kitchen, and supplying Bite Me quality specials and an updated menu to customers in the bar and sports lounge downstairs. We plan to serve food from 8am to midnight, with the BiteMe2Go menu on Door2Door available from 11am to 11pm. Production kitchen and vac pack goods will be available to restaurants and retail outlets as well as individual expats.

This is a major expansion, one which the current partners alone could not have managed without Simon Peatfield's help and expertise. We shall be looking for quality back-up in the kitchens with the expanded hours. There are more ideas and projects, but can't say any more about that right now ;)

• Upvote 3